NextPVR plugin 3.7.5 Program Guide "NEW" Flag

raymondjpg

raymondjpg

I have "Highlight 'new' shows" unchecked in NextPVR Version: 5.2.5.220111 setup, and the "new" banner is not present in the NextPVR Client Guide. However, it is there on all shows in the Emby Theatre TV Guide.

Is there some way to disable it in Emby?

I don't see the behaviour using plugin 3.7.0.0 in another installation.

emveepee

It would depend on when you changed the setting.  NextPVR is supposed to mark all shows as not new if it is disabled, but you might need to reload the EPG if you changed it after Emby cached the data.

Edit I was wrong there is another flag that controls that but the explanation is the same.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

raymondjpg

Thing is I didn't change the setting. I have always been aware that enabling the "new" checkbox would result in the new flag showing on every program.

I reloaded the EPG in NextPVR settings, and refreshed guide data in Emby Server settings, but still see the new flag on all shows.

Maybe as you say a regression, although the new flag does not show in the NextPVR client.

Emby Live TV Giode.gif

Edited by raymondjpg

raymondjpg

showNewInGuide    false

Just updated EPG in NextPVR, this time clearing EPG data first, and then refreshed guide data in Emby. Didn't change behaviour.

Edited by raymondjpg

Just to be clear, if the guide data doesn't say if a show is new or old, then NextPVR assumes it is new. ie, safer to assume new, so we don't have situations where shows aren't recording because it incorrectly thought they were old.  

Whether the client shows that 'new' flag in the tv guide is up to the client, or possibly in-this-case the plugin. That  'highlight new shows' checkbox in NextPVR just tell it whether to show the flag in NextPVR's on TV Guide - it does not change the data. 

Edited by sub3

emveepee

Ok check  LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.xml in programdata\plugins\configurations  and if  <ShowRepeat>false</ShowRepeat> is true change it to false.

Martin

raymondjpg

I have only this line with showrepeat:

<ShowRepeat xsi:nil="true" />

Changing it to "false" has not changed the bahaviour.

I tried restarting Emby Server, then refreshing guide data, still the same behaviour.

This is a new installation of Emby and NextPVR on a new PC, so not an update from a previous working setup.

Edit: This is the line from my other (working) installation of Emby:

<ShowRepeat>false</ShowRepeat>

Replacing the <ShowRepeat xsi:nil="true" /> line with <ShowRepeat>false</ShowRepeat> doesn't appear to have changed the behaviour.

Edited by raymondjpg

emveepee

Just remove the line and let the addon set it from the backend and then refresh the EPG data. I will have a look tomorrow  the Emby EPG load is painful, and not efficient at all.

Martin

raymondjpg

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but somehow I have managed to lose the plugin (it no longer shows in the list of my plugins).

I put it in the wrong directory!

Anyway, after a reboot of the PC the behaviour is still there.

It looks as if the line <ShowRepeat>false</ShowRepeat> has been added by the backend OK.

I tried also changing the location of the NextPVR backend to the PC with the working installation.

Still have the "NEW" flag on all shows.

Edited by raymondjpg

emveepee

Ok I checked the code and it has been like this for all the v5 versions the ShowRepeat setting is used to control the repeat flag.  My confusion is the statement that something changed.   If it is working for you with 3.7.0 then maybe there is an Emby setting that controls this display.  I am reluctant to change this unless Emby can tell me if there is an impact to Emby presentation.

Martin

raymondjpg
7 hours ago, emveepee said:

Ok I checked the code and it has been like this for all the v5 versions the ShowRepeat setting is used to control the repeat flag.  My confusion is the statement that something changed.   If it is working for you with 3.7.0 then maybe there is an Emby setting that controls this display.  I am reluctant to change this unless Emby can tell me if there is an impact to Emby presentation.

Martin

Thanks for checking.

I also see the behaviour with this installation of Emby when I use the NextPVR plugin v 3.7.0.

That version of the plugin (3.7.0) is working perfectly well with another installation of Emby on another PC, without the "NEW" flags.

I'll look further into my new installation of Emby.

raymondjpg
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes we have options in the guide to control this.

I'd be grateful for some guidance as to how I can control this.

Regards

arrbee99

I guess you've unchecked it in the Theater LiveTV Guide under the three dots in the top left ?

• Thanks 1

raymondjpg
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

I guess you've unchecked it in the Theater LiveTV Guide under the three dots in the top left ?

That I had not done!

I'm pretty sure that the New Episodes checkbox was not checked, but checking it then unchecking it looks to have fixed it.

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea that those options were there.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
raymondjpg

The "NEW" banner now appears to have been replaced by a "PREMIERE" banner, which I have also been able to suppress in the guide using the  three dots in the top left.

However I now see a "PREMIERE" banner on every Program and Channel. How can I disable those?

NextPVR Premiere Banner.jpg

NextPVR Premiere Banner2.jpg

Hi, there currently isn't an  option for that. What is the guide data source?

raymondjpg
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, there currently isn't an  option for that. What is the guide data source?

It is free to air Australian TV.

raymondjpg
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is it coming into Emby Server via next pvr?

The guide data is coming in through the Next PVR plugin in Live TV.

raymondjpg
6 hours ago, emveepee said:

See above notes from sub.  Clients like Emby need to be able to turn this off

I have populated NextPVR with an EPG from IceTV, which is noted for flagging repeat shows.

IceTV appears to flag new shows by having a previously shown field in the xmltv feed such as <previously-shown start="2018-01-03" /> replaced by <premiere />.

The NextPVR Client (with "Highlight 'new' shows" checked in NextPVR) appears to be working as expected. The (red) premiere banner is something of an anomoly, appearing to pick up on anything in the xmltv feed that has S01E01.

This appears to carry over to the Guide in Emby Theatre, when just "New" is selected with the three dots. However selecting Premiere still puts a PREMIERE banner on each show.

The PREMIERE banner is also still on every Program and Channel.

NextPVR IceTV EPG.jpg

Emby Theatre Guide IceTV EPG.jpg

Edited by raymondjpg

emveepee
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

So is the premiere tag in the xml?

I think you probably use JSON but  sub noted if the source isn't clear on the matter NextPVR defaults to treating shows as firstrun equal true.

Martin