</video>
  <premiere />
  <rating system="ACMA">

Repeat shows:

</video>
  <previously-shown start="2009-12-10" />
  <rating system="ACMA">

Hope this helps.

OK but you're not importing the xml directly into Emby Server, it's going through Next PVR first and based on the description from emveepee, it might be coming through marked as Premiere. So you would need an option to hide the indicator from everywhere, which we don't currently have. It does seem like correcting the data would be a better approach though because then it's hard for us to ever do anything with it if we can't trust it.

emveepee

On the NextPVR forum if you can clearly identify that your XMLTV grabber consistently differentiates new and repeats shows it is possible sub would mark the generator accordingly.

Martin

raymondjpg
1 hour ago, Luke said:

OK but you're not importing the xml directly into Emby Server, it's going through Next PVR first and based on the description from emveepee, it might be coming through marked as Premiere. So you would need an option to hide the indicator from everywhere, which we don't currently have. It does seem like correcting the data would be a better approach though because then it's hard for us to ever do anything with it if we can't trust it.

FWIW I have also tried Live TV in Emby with a Hauppauge wintv-dual hd (WinTV 8.5 installed) and the same IceTV xmltv source within Emby, EPG mapped to that source if I remember correctly.

I had the same issue with the PREMIERE banner still on every Program and Channel.

Now I am no expert, but wouldn't that suggest that it is less likely that the issue is arising from the data, and more likely from within Emby?

12 minutes ago, raymondjpg said:

FWIW I have also tried Live TV in Emby with a Hauppauge wintv-dual hd (WinTV 8.5 installed) and the same IceTV xmltv source within Emby, EPG mapped to that source if I remember correctly.

I had the same issue with the PREMIERE banner still on every Program and Channel.

Now I am no expert, but wouldn't that suggest that it is less likely that the issue is arising from the data, and more likely from within Emby?

We'd have to look at a specific example along with the corresponding complete data. It's displayed based on what the data says, and nothing more than that.

raymondjpg
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

We'd have to look at a specific example along with the corresponding complete data. It's displayed based on what the data says, and nothing more than that.

I think I misled you. Looking again at the combination of Hauppauge WinTV and IceTV xmltv source within Emby, EPG mapped to that source, I think I am now seeing the PREMiERE banner only on new shows. I think before I may have been looking at a set of data arising from a series of shows that were actually first runs, giving me the impression that all programs and channels were carrying the PREMIERE banner.

I'll keep an eye on it, but maybe I'll raise the issue on the NextPVR forum as emveepee suggested, if indeed the data is coming through from NextPVR marked as Premiere.

If you look back at the image I posted previously of the NextPVR Client (with "Highlight 'new' shows" checked in NextPVR), there are actually three PREMIERE banners with the red one picking up S01E01 from the xmltv feed and two green ones which have picked up S04E01 from the feed. Other than that I have no idea what data coming through from NextPVR might be marked as PREMIERE.

Emby Theatre Guide IceTV EPG.jpg

• Thanks 1

emveepee

As both sub and I have posted unless the source is specifically designated it might be marked new.  The XMLTV spec really defines premier and last-chance for Movies and new and previously-shown for TV shows but implementations vary widely.   The Premiere label would be coming from Emby though and it sounds like it missuses the XMLTV meaning of new.

Martin

raymondjpg
10 hours ago, emveepee said:

As both sub and I have posted unless the source is specifically designated it might be marked new.  The XMLTV spec really defines premier and last-chance for Movies and new and previously-shown for TV shows but implementations vary widely.   The Premiere label would be coming from Emby though and it sounds like it missuses the XMLTV meaning of new.

Martin

The evidence from my previous post would suggest otherwise.

There is an exact coincidence between NEW and PREMIERE banners on shows when there is a combination of Hauppauge WinTV and IceTV xmltv source within Emby, EPG mapped to that source.

i.e. In this instance Emby is not misusing the XMLTV meaning of new.

If I remove the IceTV xmltv source there is no guide data in Theatre. This indicates that the EPG data is coming from the IceTV xmltv source  in Emby and not Hauppauge WinTV.

If, on the other hand, I use NextPVR as the TV Source (with IceTV xmltv source mapped to channels within NextPVR) NEW banners will appear correctly on shows in Theatre, but if PREMIERE is checked with the three dots then a PREMIERE banner appears on each show.

This is completely different behaviour from that experienced with the combination of Hauppauge WinTV and IceTV xmltv source within Emby, EPG mapped to that source.

This behaviour is replicated whether or not the IceTV xmltv source is present as a Guide Data Source in Emby, indicating that EPG data is coming through from NextPVR and not from the IceTV xmltv source in Emby.

emveepee

I disagree.  First, from the spec it appears Emby is mis-using Premiere and displaying it for New shows too.  Also If you view the data in NextPVR  my understandings is the guide is OK and you said the 4.6 plugin was ok to.   Emby is now not properly interpreting data it gets from the API (which is not XMLTV spec)

Anyway this thread is tedious and I have already explained how you need to proceed if you think there is an error on the NextPVR side.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

raymondjpg
4 hours ago, emveepee said:

I disagree.  First, from the spec it appears Emby is mis-using Premiere and displaying it for New shows too.  Also If you view the data in NextPVR  my understandings is the guide is OK and you said the 4.6 plugin was ok to.   Emby is now not properly interpreting data it gets from the API (which is not XMLTV spec)

Anyway this thread is tedious and I have already explained how you need to proceed if you think there is an error on the NextPVR side.

Martin

I understand what you are saying now.

I had noted previously that NextPVR had a distinction between PREMIERE and NEW shows, the former apparently picking up on first episodes of series in the xmltv feed, and new shows from the absence of data in a previously shown field in the xmltv feed.

As I said I am no expert, but there appears to something in NextPVR (using the IceTV xmltv feed) that Emby is interpreting as PREMIERE. I have no idea what but I had hoped that others with more expertise than I would be able to identify what this might be.

This thread may be tedious but I am in no way aiming to assign blame to anyone or anything, but as a contributor to both Emby and NextPVR, I would like to see it fixed.

Thank you.

Edited by raymondjpg

emveepee

The NextPVR API has a field significance where episodic shows might be Season/Series Premiere or Finale if the data is available.  This significance field may also be used for News Sports, Talk that might be live.

This field is independent of the firstrun  true/false field.

Martin

sub3

As Martin says,

A series/season premiere or finale in NextPVR just means it's the first/last show show of a series or season of a show (it does not mean it's the first time it has ever aired). This is the 'significance' attribute. Can also be used to identify 'live' shows and other things. Some of these are set because the guide data explicitly provided this info (like 'live' etc). Some are also derived from other data (like episode number).

NextPVR is ignoring your <premiere/> tag in your xmltv file, because it's not normally carried this way in xmltv files. 

The 'new' indicator is a separate data item. 

Edited by sub3