App Crashing on playing 4k video more details in post

DarKni8
Go to solution Solved by DarKni8,

Are you using the same file for every test?
Have you tried with a different media file?

DarKni8

There are severally other videos which have video level 5.2 , and even they give same problem. But since we know the culprit here, cant it be patched. Also pls check the amount of logs i have shared and number of responses i have received,  its not like i am pleading to fix something without helping ,but why this is not considered.

Plex have simple solution in case , they allow user to create override of h264 level. I think same can be done here.

Part of the problem is that many logs probably didn't mean anything.  If you describe a problem then upload logs from other clients or situations it's confusing.

Pick one client and only only describe the issue as well as log files.  It's fine to mention you have an issue on client X, Y & Z but if you explain what you see on Y then make sure that's the logs you upload for.

DarKni8

To sum it up in brief , all the logs above are from one android client and only one issue, that I am not able to play any video with level 5.2 on android clients, be it phone or TV. Now does it make sense?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Trevor68

Mine actually crashed for the first time just yesterday, to add to the pain of stuttering and being completely unworkable for 4K playback. 

DarKni8

I have given up on this ..will recheck after few months, till then i am using plex. I was having some choppy playback issue on HEVC too

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 12:57 AM, DarKni8 said:

Yes ,have been using plex as backup for this and ass Subtitles issue mentioned in other thread.    

Do they direct play this, or transcode? 

When you say the app crashes, do you really mean an entire application crash, or is the video just stopping?

• Solution
DarKni8
On 6/18/2022 at 11:42 PM, DarKni8 said:

To sum it up in brief , all the logs above are from one android client and only one issue, that I am not able to play any video with level 5.2 on android clients, be it phone or TV. Now does it make sense?

@Luke really dear? dont make fool of yourself on forum. Numerous logs , convo with @cayars , if only single time you would have gone through thread you could have understood. 

Anyways i cant  provide further details regarding this as of now, as i am not running emby server. This is pathetic attitude and insult to your users who come to forum to post logs and make emby better.

Edited by DarKni8

Trevor68
7 hours ago, DarKni8 said:

@Luke really dear? dont make fool of yourself on forum. Numerous logs , convo with @cayars , if only single time you would have gone through thread you could have understood. 

Anyways i cant  provide further details regarding this as of now, as i am not running emby server. This is pathetic attitude and insult to your users who come to forum to post logs and make emby better.

Ditto