Live TV not working - m3u, Error starting ffmpeg

ur5fyg
Go to solution Solved by ur5fyg,

Hello. I still stood EMBY PREMIUM 4.1.0.26 - yesterday I updated the server to the version 4.6.7.0.

Before that, my playlist .M3U8 worked perfectly perfectly. After the update, the message also pops up that there are no compatible streams.

I tried to put the IPTV plugin - it does not reproduce and displays the same message.

My 7th summer daughter complains that you can not watch your favorite cartoons 🙂

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by ur5fyg

Ok, this should be resolved for the next release. Workaround for now would be to make sure it ends with .m3u8 instead of just .m3u. Thanks.

• Solution

I rolled back to the old version 4.1.0.26, as problems started not only with IPTV viewing, but also with viewing video files. If this file is suitable for you from version 4.1.0.26, I will give it.

• 4 months later...
ur5fyg

I was updated to version 7.4.2.0 (Truenas) and I see that the question with the reproduction of the playlist M3U8 or just M3U has not yet been resolved. This is very sad. I attach the playlist. Fill this playlist to the server, and tell me how to make the server play it?

Once again I want to notice, on the old version (4.1) of the server, this playlist works well

Thanks.

freeiptv.m3u

Edited by ur5fyg

9 hours ago, ur5fyg said:

I was updated to version 7.4.2.0 (Truenas) and I see that the question with the reproduction of the playlist M3U8 or just M3U has not yet been resolved. This is very sad. I attach the playlist. Fill this playlist to the server, and tell me how to make the server play it?

Once again I want to notice, on the old version (4.1) of the server, this playlist works well

Thanks.

freeiptv.m3u 75.37 kB · 0 downloads

Hi @ur5fyg can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to play with this? Thanks !

ur5fyg

You don't by any chance have log files from the old working version that I could compare with, do you?

How did you install Emby Server? You're using an install package that wasn't put together by us, so here's two things you can try:

• Switch to an install package that is built by us by following the install steps on our website https://emby.media/download
  • In the m3u setup, try customizing the user agent to:
VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git

This will make it match the older version of the server. That's basically the only difference in the ffmpeg command line.

ur5fyg

I can’t install the package manually since I use Truenas (freeenas), I use the plugin offered in the system.

I do not quite understand where I can try to configure user agent, can be possible in more detail?

Thank you.

Screenshot_4.jpg

ur5fyg

Unfortunately, this did not help. I installed the server over your recommendation (https://emby.media/download), it solved the problem, and Live TV works normally. But, I had a question, version 4.7.1.0_1 was established, This is fine? And how to update my emby server in the future?

Thank you.

Edited by ur5fyg

But, I had a question, version 4.7.1.0_1 was established

Hi, what do you mean by established? What version number do you have now?

ur5fyg

Hi, I have Truenas 12. Version 4.7.1.0 was established but it is written in the Embubi panel that the version 4.7.5.0 is subject and recommends stopping the server and update.

Screenshot_7.jpg

Edited by ur5fyg