Jump to content

Admin settings gone


macki_b
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have this in the adressbar: .html?userId=6d9a136226714c5fbb0cb748f8869765&serverId=6b8a7cc36b1b4ac493aa016b7f00c976

The above user has: <IsAdministrator>true</IsAdministrator>

Edited by macki_b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, macki_b said:

Has anyone found a solution? 

Have you tried @Luke's suggestion here?

Your plugins folder may be named differently, depending on OS.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CBers said:

Have you tried @Luke's suggestion here?

Your plugins folder may be named differently, depending on OS.
 

Yes. Did that and the other suggestion. Did not do the trick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is really impossible to say as you appear to have the exact same errors in your log but fix for other users is not working for you.\

Only thing we really know is this is platform specific.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Try opening the browser to just ip:port and see if that helps. Thanks.

Nothing. I still dont get admin settings. Would a new install be the solution or will i end up with the same result? Not the first choice but if its a must....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If i update to 4.7.0.18 i get my admin menu back. But then my outside home network movieplayback dont work. This is crazy

Edited by macki_b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So right now for you 4.7.0.18 works but 4.6.7 has the missing menu?
If you copied your data and config folders before upgrading to the beta you can restore those and try 4.6.7 again.
I have seen this a couple of times and it's always been a cache issue that you can clear with CTRL-F5.  Or try a different browser that you haven't used before.

Do you have a reverse proxy inline or use Cloudflare (a proxy)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, cayars said:

So right now for you 4.7.0.18 works but 4.6.7 has the missing menu?
If you copied your data and config folders before upgrading to the beta you can restore those and try 4.6.7 again.
I have seen this a couple of times and it's always been a cache issue that you can clear with CTRL-F5.  Or try a different browser that you haven't used before.

Do you have a reverse proxy inline or use Cloudflare (a proxy)?

Well the menu is back in 4.7.0.18  but im not able to do playback outside my network

ctrl-f5 does notihing. I have even tried three different browsers.

You meen copy config and data from 4.6.0.7 and paste in 4.70.18 updated install. I could do as you suggested but then server wont playback movies outside of network. Or?

Edited by macki_b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No I meant in order to revert back to 4.6.0.7 (downgrade) you would want to restore those things first as you shouldn't downgrade setups due to new changes that could have been made.

Were you ever able to playback remotely before? If you do a test from www.canyouseeme.org using the port shown on the Dashboard does it pass or fail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do i restore the settings? I have now been playing with down and upgrade a while to get it working.

Port is working! Not blocked with 4.6.0.7

My playback outside network is working without problem with 4.6.0.7

I can wipe emby and start allover. Even if this isnt my first choice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, macki_b said:

How do i restore the settings? I have now been playing with down and upgrade a while to get it working.

Port is working! Not blocked with 4.6.0.7

My playback outside network is working without problem with 4.6.0.7

I can wipe emby and start allover. Even if this isnt my first choice

Have you taken a look at this?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-backup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ended up with a new clean install. 

When i copied the backup files to new install the problem was back

Edited by macki_b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, macki_b said:

I ended up with a new clean install. 

When i copied the backup files to new install the problem was back

Are you saying a clean install the admin pages work, but after restoring a backup it doesn't?

If so that points to an existing config, but according to the log should be plugin related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmm.... strange. I did a manual backup according to lukes link. I ended up with the same problem. 

Wiped emby again and started over clean. Worked! 

I used the emby plugin that comes with truenas with both of my tries if that can make any difference? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
fantaxp7

Hello,

So I had an unrelated issue an needed to start from scratch. Yesterday I made a clean debian container on proxmox, installed latest beta and restored a backup emby config. All was good.

Today I log in after rebooting my server and noticed the admin settings were gone. I restored the one auto backup that proxmox made an luckily all settings are back.

Just another FYI

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...