A few css bits mostly from other people

arrbee99
Go to solution Solved by King Pin,

arrbee99

King Pin - not sure about your first image. You have a second border thing under the line that has Home and Favorites in it ? I don't have that at all, so can't think of a way to get rid of it.

Or do you want to have the Home and Favorites bar half as wide ?

About scrolling, it doesn't seem to be possible with css any more. I came across this post, which I hope is relevant that might help (you have to update something every time there's a new server version). @Happy2Play hopefully knows if thats the right one.

Edited by arrbee99
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
12 hours ago, King Pin said:

1. Is there a way to reduce the height of the top menu bar to about half?

I use this to change header space (will run into issues on narrow/small screens)

/*Move HeaderTop up*/
div.headerMiddle.sectionTabs:not(div.skinHeader-withfulldrawer div.headerMiddle.sectionTabs) {    
    position: absolute;
    left: 50%;
    margin-right: -50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, 0);
}

2) has to be adjusted in js files do to the addition of virtual scrolling per the other topic.  And possibly item limit.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

King Pin
6 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I use this to change header space (will run into issues on narrow/small screens)

/*Move HeaderTop up*/
div.headerMiddle.sectionTabs:not(div.skinHeader-withfulldrawer div.headerMiddle.sectionTabs) {    
    position: absolute;
    left: 50%;
    margin-right: -50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, 0);
}

2) has to be adjusted in js files do to the addition of virtual scrolling per the other topic.  And possibly item limit.

I am using a 40" wide 4k monitor. 

Does it matter where I put the script? 

I put it first so on top of arbee's script and it hasn't changed anything. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by King Pin

King Pin
6 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

King Pin - not sure about your first image. You have a second border thing under the line that has Home and Favorites in it ? I don't have that at all, so can't think of a way to get rid of it.

Or do you want to have the Home and Favorites bar half as wide ?

About scrolling, it doesn't seem to be possible with css any more. I came across this post, which I hope is relevant that might help (you have to update something every time there's a new server version). @Happy2Play hopefully knows if thats the right one.

Hi Arrbee.  Yes I want to reduce the height roughly 50%. 
If It matters I am using a 40" wide 4k monitor. 

Thank you for the link I will take a look at it tonight. 

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, King Pin said:

I am using a 40" wide 4k monitor. 

Does it matter where I put the script? 

I put it first so on top of arbee's script and it hasn't changed anything. 

Capture.JPG

Sorry that was for 4.7.

Have a look here for 4.6.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76946-narrow-header-section/&do=findComment&comment=781868

• Like 1

King Pin
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

That worked with some adjustments.  Thank you very much! 

Now is there a way to use my own image for the background instead of having to use a link? 

I can use imgur I guess but just wondering. 

Happy2Play
8 hours ago, King Pin said:

That worked with some adjustments.  Thank you very much! 

Now is there a way to use my own image for the background instead of having to use a link? 

I can use imgur I guess but just wondering. 

You have to move/copy them into system folder with every update but have a look at how path instead of link was used here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/100704-background-login-ajuda/&do=findComment&comment=1055116

• Like 1

fbrassin
On 4/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, arrbee99 said:

Might be worth temporarily disabling any browser plugins to see if that makes any difference.

Tried to disable all the plugins, but didn't change anything.

• 1 month later...
King Pin

I installed the new update and I guess I forgot to save some changes so now I have this going on.  I can't for the life of me find what to change to put it back where it's supposed to be to the right side. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.58095867e367b0d49712a5c48d57ed9d.JPG

arrbee99

I guess the new update isn't that new any more, but anyway - If you have a mixture of css from this thread and you're own stuff, I'd probably just copy all of it to a word document or something so that its safe and then delete it all and save and refresh and do F5 and or clear browser cache. Then I'd add just your stuff back and see how it goes, and then add my stuff back and see how it goes. Or the other way round. Or try adding back in sections. eg add the Home Page section, then the Borders section etc to narrow it down.

- thats if you feel comfortable doing that.

Sorry, even as I'm typing this, its doesn't sound very helpful (but you never know).

Mr_Scumbag

Everything seems to have carried over ok for me except the theme's accent color. It's defaulted to green and nothing I've tried (even refreshing cache/re applyingCSS) has been able to change it from green.

Edit: I managed to get it sorted in a round-about, amateurish way.

Edited by Mr_Scumbag

arrbee99

Thats good (and quick).

If it helps, if you replace the html bit at the beginning -

this

html:root {
    --theme-primary-color: var(--mycolour);
    --theme-accent-text-color: var(--mycolour);
    --theme-primary-color-lightened: var(--mycolour);
    --theme-icon-focus-background: rgba(120, 120, 120, 0.2);
}

with this

--theme-primary-color-hue: 0 !important;
    --theme-primary-color-saturation: 100% !important;
    --theme-primary-color-lightness: 32% !important;
    --theme-icon-focus-background: rgba(120, 120, 120, 0.2);
}

That seems to work (as per Happy2play)

I think the values for the first three numbers (0,100,32) are for dark red and so need changing if you fancy orange or something)

Hope I've found the right stuff and copied and pasted correctly...

• Agree 1

Mr_Scumbag
20 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Thats good (and quick).

If it helps, if you replace the html bit at the beginning -

Thanks, that was helpful. After a bit of tweaking, I was able to restore my Plex orang/yellow color with the following values, in case anyone else needs to do the same:

--theme-primary-color-hue: 35 !important;
    --theme-primary-color-saturation: 100% !important;
    --theme-primary-color-lightness: 60% !important;
    --theme-icon-focus-background: rgba(229, 160, 13, 1));
}

• Thanks 1

arrbee99

Ta. I also quite like 'their' colour scheme. The cynic in me thinks the only reason Emby went for green was because all the good colours were taken (but don't tell anyone I said that...)

King Pin
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

I guess the new update isn't that new any more, but anyway - If you have a mixture of css from this thread and you're own stuff, I'd probably just copy all of it to a word document or something so that its safe and then delete it all and save and refresh and do F5 and or clear browser cache. Then I'd add just your stuff back and see how it goes, and then add my stuff back and see how it goes. Or the other way round. Or try adding back in sections. eg add the Home Page section, then the Borders section etc to narrow it down.

- thats if you feel comfortable doing that.

Sorry, even as I'm typing this, its doesn't sound very helpful (but you never know).

Hey Arrbee.  Yes I used your CSS and love it.  I changed a few things and it was perfect up until I just updated.  After the server update the script still worked except for 2 things even after I applied my saved script with the changes.  One was the movie image that was removed in your CSS when on the movie page, I added that back and the other is the problem I showed above.  I know that's the header up top but changing anything with the header didn't work.  The only thing I could do was move the Home/Favorites button to the right.  

Captur.JPG

Edited by King Pin

King Pin

Um, oops!  

It looks like when I added my saved CSS I left some of the original CSS there.  So some instructions showed up twice.  Once I deleted them it all went back to normal.  

Sorry for being a Pain in the A$$.  

This was the script I had at the bottom that I didn't remove.  

/*Move headermiddle up*/
div.flex.align-items-center.flex-grow.headerTop {padding: .1em 0; }
div.headerMiddle.sectionTabs {margin: 0 1%;} /*adjustment so it does not affect other buttons on left and right already in header*/

• Thanks 1

arrbee99

Jolly good. Glad you fixed it as me and problem solving are seldom on speaking terms i.e. I'm not very good at it...

• Haha 1

King Pin

Hey arbee.  I have run into one more thing.  Not sure if you can help but I hope.  

The top header used to disappear when I would scroll down and now it's static.  

Any ideas? 

Capture.thumb.JPG.97d069cb7f16c313d345e58beb50eb75.JPG

arrbee99

Interesting. Never noticed that. Are you using Firefox. I see it in Firefox but it seems to depend on speed of scrolling - scroll slowly it stays, scroll fast(ish) it disappears. In Chrome it seems to disappear either way. Also, if you remove all css (saved in Word), it seems to behave the same, which suggests its a browser thing or maybe a browser plugin / extension thing. I think its quite recent, maybe the latest Firefox version ?

Unless your symptoms are completely different ?

arrbee99

Have you tried (if you want to) removing all css (to a safe place) and seeing if there's a difference ?

arrbee99

Its worth a try, though why it seems to affect Firefox for me and Chrome for you...

arrbee99

Scrolling speed doesn't matter ?

Cleared browser cache ?