Some users are not able to remote into the server.

Osorus
Go to solution Solved by Osorus,

Go into your network settings and set it to prefer IP4 over IP6.
Restart the server.
What does the Dashboard show now?

If it's still an IP6 address go back into network configuration for your NIC and turn off IP6 leaving only IP4.

Problem solved. :)

JasonNalley
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Restart the server.

If it's still an IP6 address go back into network configuration for your NIC and turn off IP6 leaving only IP4.

Network settings where? In Emby?  I see nothing there to prefer IPV4 over IPV6

The biggest question I have is why Emby all of a sudden decided to start using IPV6 addresses (3 of us in this thread all had it happen within the last 36 hours, that can't be a coincidence).  

Are you running Windows?
Open a command box and type ping localhost
What does it return?

If the return looks like this:
Reply from ::1: time<1ms

Then you your system prefers IPv6 over IPv4.

It's probably always been like this but perhaps you ISP just turned this on their network or reset the modem. (doesn't matter if yours or theirs).

Again the simple fix is go into network settings and remove IP6 support.

justinrh
21 hours ago, Osorus said:

Ok. Temp resolve. I set my router to ipV6 passthrough, thus forcing the router to take back ipV4 on the ISP side. Is there anyway we can revisit this from an ipV6 perspective? Seeing that this is our future?

@Osorus I'm reading this as:  I have an IPv6 external/WAN address from my ISP, then I set passthru on my router, and now I have an IPv4 WAN address from my ISP.  Is that a correct interpretation?  How can the ISPs address change because of a change you made in your router?

Hi, Guys. I started to see the same issue yesterday. All of a sudden I went to bed and next day (early Saturday) I could not connect to emby remotely. I checked every single option, looked into the forums and I am not able to fix the issue. The only thing I ve noticed differently is the IPv6 at the WAN, how can I change this?  Please let me know what else I might be missing. This is turning into a nightmare and I am running out of ideas.

796252524_embytipv6issue.thumb.png.cd0e6f567387ee96d539ae231f47323b.png

I went to check into the cmd if my connection would prefer IPv6 over IPv4 and I saw this.
cmd.png.7a7a707a9516e5f3a9ad07f96cb98a7e.png

Then I went to check into the port forwarding into my ISP setting and saw this. 

212859695_portforwarding.thumb.png.89dc6199699ee359255111868a31e326.png

No issue there either. Then as a last resort I went into my Firewall inbound and outbound rules and saw that everything stayed the same.

1897784217_firewallports.thumb.png.4fccff6e80d46a6d9c0d6911286098b3.png
Like I said I am not able to make it work. Please help me out. I can access emby locally. 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:35 PM, cayars said:

Restart the server.

Where do you set your network settings preferences? on the ISP side or emby?

On 11/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, Osorus said:

Ok. Temp resolve. I set my router to ipV6 passthrough, thus forcing the router to take back ipV4 on the ISP side. Is there anyway we can revisit this from an ipV6 perspective? Seeing that this is our future?

ok, could you please help me out and point me in the right direction? how do you set the router to do ipv6 passthrough? I am using spectrum's rac2v1k wireless router and I dont see the passthrough in the settings. Could I be missing something? 

1842651912_routersettings.thumb.png.7d6c1eec44130b780122b355448f283a.png

349923277_accesscontrol.thumb.png.acb204492d45331699fa612ddf04995d.png

pwhodges

Your last image appears to show that you have no open ports for IPv6; try opening port 8096 as you have previously for IPv4, and see if that fixes it for you.

• Like 1