Jump to content

Scrambled/corrupted picture with some channels and recordings.


e-charge
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I forgot to note the time I sent the log. Same user as previously, GMT+8, somewhere between 23:43 and 23:45.

Played Babel (MPEG2 BD), All About Eve (MPEG2 DVD), then S1E1 of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (DVD-sourced but converted to H264 to remove PAL speedup).

Dropped quality to 1Mbps to force transcode.

Played Babel, All About Eve 2x, S1E1 AHH.

Transcoding worked for All About Eve this time, the issue last time must have been a one-off glitch. It also rectified the diagonal green line issue. So we have something of a workaround, at least, it would seem.

There is, however, a SfN issue as it insisted things were direct playing even when the OSD said they were transcoding during the latter test.

Hi.  He is asking for the ffmpeg logs, not the app logs...

47 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I just played All About Eve, and pulled up Stats for Nerds immediately, and it was direct playing for about five seconds then switched to Direct Stream. Weird.

That is normal.  It takes about 10 seconds for all the information to get updated from the server when not direct playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11
Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  He is asking for the ffmpeg logs, not the app logs...

That is normal.  It takes about 10 seconds for all the information to get updated from the server when not direct playing.

I PM'd him server and ffmpeg logs.

It definitely took way longer than ten seconds on one occasion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 4/21/2022 at 4:14 AM, softworkz said:

I'm not familiar with the device itself, so I can't help with hands-on experience, but I can help with pinpointing strategies, and this is actually a good starting point:

  • We got our failing case
    and
  • We got something similar that works

Let's compare these two cases. Just create a single ffmpeg log file for each case, then we can look at the differences.
(I know you have sent many logs for the failing case already, but creating two logs directly one after another provides maximum differentiation from unexpected factors)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Yes, I sent you those. 

I think there exists a communication problem. I'm not sure whether it is of visual nature or a language issue?

On 4/21/2022 at 4:14 AM, softworkz said:

I'm not familiar with the device itself, so I can't help with hands-on experience, but I can help with pinpointing strategies, and this is actually a good starting point:

  • We got our failing case
    and
  • We got something similar that works
On 4/21/2022 at 4:14 AM, softworkz said:

Let's compare these two cases. Just create a single ffmpeg log file for each case, then we can look at the differences.
(I know you have sent many logs for the failing case already, but creating two logs directly one after another provides maximum differentiation from unexpected factors)

Edited by softworkz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11
On 4/21/2022 at 11:48 PM, crusher11 said:

I forgot to note the time I sent the log. Same user as previously, GMT+8, somewhere between 23:43 and 23:45.

Played Babel (MPEG2 BD), All About Eve (MPEG2 DVD), then S1E1 of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (DVD-sourced but converted to H264 to remove PAL speedup).

Dropped quality to 1Mbps to force transcode.

Played Babel, All About Eve 2x, S1E1 AHH.

Transcoding worked for All About Eve this time, the issue last time must have been a one-off glitch. It also rectified the diagonal green line issue. So we have something of a workaround, at least, it would seem.

There is, however, a SfN issue as it insisted things were direct playing even when the OSD said they were transcoding during the latter test.

I sent logs for this. That's a success and a failure, back to back, with logs. As requested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

@softworkz I don't understand what you think the difference is between your request and the logs provided. Did you not get my last PM?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

@softworkz I'd like to get this resolved so I can replace the All About Eve video with the one from the Blu-ray. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
crusher11

It plays successfully. So the green lines issue is specifically an ATV issue, it would seem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

It plays successfully. So the green lines issue is specifically an ATV issue, it would seem.

That's good news. Thanks for the feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

Doesn't really move us toward a solution in itself, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

So with the new info are there any other logs that would be helpful? @ebr @softworkz

I don' t think there's anything more to do now that you've reported success with the standard app. The TV app will ultimately get the same updates to the video player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
emg456
On 09/05/2022 at 15:06, Luke said:

I don' t think there's anything more to do now that you've reported success with the standard app. The TV app will ultimately get the same updates to the video player.

So I just got round to side loading the Android app onto my Firetv stick and in my case the corruption is not fixed. 
I have tried both apps- standard Android 3.2.48 and Android TV 2.0.70g. 
 

Both show the corruption and in addition the standard Android app plays videos with a distorted aspect ratio- presumably designed for portrait use on a phone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, emg456 said:

So I just got round to side loading the Android app onto my Firetv stick and in my case the corruption is not fixed. 
I have tried both apps- standard Android 3.2.48 and Android TV 2.0.70g. 
 

Both show the corruption and in addition the standard Android app plays videos with a distorted aspect ratio- presumably designed for portrait use on a phone. 

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

emg456

Thanks. If you need logs and sample file I can organise that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...