TV Recording auto-trigger Thumbnail Task

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello,

Feature request: Add a setting within the LiveTV settings that would execute the thumbnail image creation task (even just for that single file). I see the section for "Recording Post Processing" and would think that a selection there to have the thumbnail image creation task to run (or again, just process that single file). I could set the thumbnail creation task to run every hour, but that seems messy and an unnecessary amount of task run cycles.

User Case: I will often watch a recorded TV show later on the same day that the show was recorded (or even shortly after the recording has ended) and to ease in fast forwarding of commercials and pre/post recording buffers I want to have the thumbnails available without having to manually run the thumbnail image creation task each time.

Thanks,

Erik

• Solution

Hi, why not just enable the thumbnail extraction for the recordings library to happen on library scans and the scheduled task? Doing it at both times I think will give you what you want, and then you won't need such a frequent schedule for the scheduled task.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Luke I forgot that was a per library option. However, it turns out I already have the option for both libraries associated with Live TV (Default folder and a TV Series folder) set to "as a scheduled task and when media is added" but it doesn't seem to generate the thumbnails as part of the "when media is added part". They only generate when the scheduled task runs at 4:00am every night.

Let me run a test to verify, I'll record a show now and see 10 minutes after its ended if the thumbnails generate just to be sure.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, why not just enable the thumbnail extraction for the recordings library to happen on library scans and the scheduled task? Doing it at both times I think will give you what you want, and then you won't need such a frequent schedule for the scheduled task.

Initially the test recording didn't create a thumbnail, but now I tested it again after unselecting/reselecting the "as a scheduled task and when media is added" in both libraries and it worked perfectly. Not sure why it wasn't before, but its working as recommended now.

Thanks @Luke