Dune HD Real Vision 4K

Skynet92

Skynet92

Hello,

I bought a Dune HD Real Vision 4K box with Linux OS + Android TV 9.0.
The Emby player doesn't work properly on this box.

Server version 4.6.4.0
Emby 2.0.09g

Playback with 4K light HDR10 videos = OK
4K light with Dolby Vision = KO (no Dolby Vision but HDR10, completely jerky playback)
4K Rip about 30/35 Mbps HDR10 = playback lacks fluidity
4K Rip about 30/35 Mbps Dolby Vision = KO (not Dolby Vision but HDR10, completely jerky playback)
4K REMUX HDR10 = playback lacks fluidity
4K REMUX Dolby Vision = KO (no Dolby Vision but HDR10, completely jerky playback and transcoding active)

I tested with version 2.0.41g it's the same.

With Kodi in version 19.1 all videos work (only in HDR10)
The box is HDR10+ compatible but Emby only displays HDR10.

With the box's proprietary player:

All work perfectly even 4K REMUX with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.
Performance wise the jellyfish 4K video at 400 Mbps works smoothly.

With a 2019 nVidia Shield Pro and Emby all videos work perfectly with Dolby Vision.

The box uses the Realtek 1619DR SoC, I think there is a small problem of compatibility with Emby ?

IMG_20210906_172946.jpg

IMG_20210906_204702.jpg

IMG_20210907_085654.jpg

Edited by Skynet92

Skynet92
1 hour ago, ebr said:

The Jellyfish sample plays fine in the Emby app?

Are you wireless or wired?

Can you please play ONE of these items with an issue for a few seconds and then send a log from the app?

Thanks.

Hello,

i'm connect with wired.

For the jellyfish up to 250 Mbps it's smooth but the video control doesn't work anymore, 400 Mbps very slow and without control and even the box crashes.

I've sent the log, have use 4K REMUX for test.

Hi.  Can you please send the log directly from the playbackOSD just after problems start to appear instead of stopping playback and returning to home screen?

Thanks.

Skynet92
32 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please send the log directly from the playbackOSD just after problems start to appear instead of stopping playback and returning to home screen?

Thanks.

Hi,

it's done.

Hi.  What flavor of DV is this?

[X] Track:0, id=1, mimeType=video/dolby-vision, codecs=hev1.08.06, res=3840x1608,...supported=NO_EXCEEDS_CAPABILITIES

Skynet92
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What flavor of DV is this?

[X] Track:0, id=1, mimeType=video/dolby-vision, codecs=hev1.08.06, res=3840x1608,...supported=NO_EXCEEDS_CAPABILITIES

you talk about this:

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible (profile 8.1)

rbjtech
16 hours ago, Skynet92 said:

Hello,

i'm connect with wired.

For the jellyfish up to 250 Mbps it's smooth but the video control doesn't work anymore, 400 Mbps very slow and without control and even the box crashes.

I've sent the log, have use 4K REMUX for test.

The UHD 4K specification max's @ 144 Mbps - so anything above this is outside the specification and unlikely to be directly supported on ANY player.   It may well play higher bitrates - and it's doing well @ 250 Mbps, but it was never designed to play @ 400 Mbps, so I'm not surprised it had a hard time !

Currently, the top end 4K Remux's are between 100-110Mbps - I've personally yet to see anything beyond this. 

• Agree 1

Skynet92
27 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

The UHD 4K specification max's @ 144 Mbps - so anything above this is outside the specification and unlikely to be directly supported on ANY player.   It may well play higher bitrates - and it's doing well @ 250 Mbps, but it was never designed to play @ 400 Mbps, so I'm not surprised it had a hard time !

Currently, the top end 4K Remux's are between 100-110Mbps - I've personally yet to see anything beyond this. 

Yes, after that it works or not in 400 Mpbs is not the problem I have.
Just for information I said that with the internal player 400 Mbps works very well and with Emby not so much.

My problem is the lack of performance and Dolby Vision playback with Emby on this machine.

rbjtech
13 hours ago, Skynet92 said:

you talk about this:

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible (profile 8.1)

21 minutes ago, Skynet92 said:

My problem is the lack of performance and Dolby Vision playback with Emby on this machine.

Have you tried any supported DV profiles ?

Only dvhe.04 (broadcast) and dvhe.07 (UHD Blu-ray) and likely to be supported - I've never seen a dvhe.08 - what is the source here ?

On the performance side of things, does this unit have the ability to 'mount' remote file systems ?

Skynet92
13 hours ago, ebr said:

I think only DV profile 7 is likely to be supported.

New tests:

On nvidia shield pro 2019 / emby 2.0.41g

Mp4/DV-P5 = OK

MKV/DV-P5 = OK

Mp4/DV-P7 = KO (only HDR10)

MKV/DV-P7 = KO (only HDR10)

Mp4/DV-P8 = OK

MKV/DV-P8 = OK

On Dune HD / emby 2.0.41g

Mp4/DV-P5 = KO (black screen)

MKV/DV-P5 = KO (black screen)

Mp4/DV-P8 = KO (only HDR10 and completely jerky playback)

MKV/DV-P8 = KO (only HDR10 and completely jerky playback)

On Dune HD with internal player.

Mp4/DV-P5 = OK

MKV/DV-P5 = OK

Mp4/DV-P7 = OK

Mp4/DV-P8 = OK

MKV/DV-P8 = OK

information firmware

Dune HD media players now have the widest support for Dolby Vision file formats among all existing media players (all popular formats supported by any other media player are supported, and no other media player supports as many formats). The list of supported Dolby Vision file formats now includes:
    • Blu-ray disc images:
        • BDMV (Menu mode) P7 MEL/FEL
        • BDMV (Lite mode) P7 MEL/FEL
        • BD ISO (Menu mode) P7 MEL/FEL
        • BD ISO (Lite mode) P7 MEL/FEL
    • M2TS files:
        • M2TS P5
        • M2TS P7 MEL/FEL dual-track
        • M2TS P8
    • TS files:
        • TS P4 MEL/FEL single-track (dual-layer)
        • TS P5
        • TS P7 MEL/FEL single-track (dual-layer)
        • TS P8
    • MKV files:
        • MKV P4 MEL/FEL single-track (dual-layer)
        • MKV P5
        • MKV P7 MEL/FEL single-track (dual-layer)
        • MKV P8
    • MP4 files (this also includes MOV files):
        • MP4 P4 MEL/FEL single-track (dual-layer)
        • MP4 P5
        • MP4 P7 MEL/FEL single-track (dual-layer)
        • MP4 P7 MEL/FEL dual-track
        • MP4 P8 (this includes support for iPhone Dolby Vision MOV P8.4 files)
    • NOTE: In all cases, Dolby Vision extended information from the file is used and output to TV, i.e. it is a real playback of Dolby Vision video.

Skynet92
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Have you tried any supported DV profiles ?

Only dvhe.04 (broadcast) and dvhe.07 (UHD Blu-ray) and likely to be supported - I've never seen a dvhe.08 - what is the source here ?

On the performance side of things, does this unit have the ability to 'mount' remote file systems ?

DV profile 8 is on the bluray/REMUX RIPs.

P8.1 = backwards compatible HDR10

P8.2 = backwards compatible SDR

P8.4 = for iPhone

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, Skynet92 said:

DV profile 8 is on the bluray/REMUX RIPs.

P8.1 = backwards compatible HDR10

P8.2 = backwards compatible SDR

P8.4 = for iPhone

This is incorrect - Page 11 explains.

https://dolby.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#700000009YuG/a/4u000000l6G4/4R18riPaaW3gxpVx7XwyQLdEITLFjB.w.Si0LoQR5j8

rbjtech
11 minutes ago, Skynet92 said:

On nvidia shield pro 2019 / emby 2.0.41g

Mp4/DV-P5 = OK

MKV/DV-P5 = OK

Mp4/DV-P8 = OK

MKV/DV-P8 = OK

This is also partially incorrect on MKV&MP4 with Profile 7 and DV - I have many of these and they play perfectly with the Shield.

I do not have any Profile 8  - as that is not the UHD standard .- so can't verify that.

Skynet92
7 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

This is also partially incorrect on MKV&MP4 with Profile 7 and DV - I have many of these and they play perfectly with the Shield.

I do not have any Profile 8  - as that is not the UHD standard .- so can't verify that.

video DV UHD in mp4 with P8.1.

http://media.developer.dolby.com/DolbyVision_Atmos/mp4/P81_GlassBlowing2_3840x2160%4059.94fps_15200kbps_fmp4.mp4

• Thanks 1

Skynet92
10 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Ah - 60fps UHD from Dolby themselves.  Other than demo's - I don't think you'll find P8 in common use.

All my 4K movies are DV-P8.1

Skynet92
7 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Can you show a mediainfo for them - blank the filenames if you like.

I made a new test with another 4K UHD DV-P7 video.
Works on Shield PRO
made reboot box on Dune HD

mediainfo:

Video
ID                             : 1
Format                         : HEVC
Format/Info                    : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                 : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format                     : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible
Codec ID                       : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration                       : 2 h 1 min
Bit rate                       : 26.1 Mb/s
Width                          : 3 840 pixels
Height                         : 1 608 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                : Variable
Frame rate                     : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                      : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.176
Stream size                    : 22.2 GiB (82%)
Title                          : Alita Battle Angel (2019) 4K
Writing library                : x265 3.5+12+14-106329cbd:[Windows][GCC 10.3.0][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings              : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / numa-pools=32 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x1608 / interlace=0 / total-frames=175440 / level-idc=51 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / aud / no-eob / no-eos / hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=1 / keyint=24 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=4 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=25 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / no-hist-scenecut / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=32 / min-cu-size=16 / rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=5 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=-3:-3 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / no-rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=26000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=2 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv-maxrate=160000 / vbv-bufsize=160000 / vbv-init=0.9 / min-vbv-fullness=50.0 / max-vbv-fullness=80.0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=2 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=0 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=9 / transfer=16 / colormatrix=9 / chromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=2 / chromaloc-bottom=2 / display-window=0 / master-display=G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1) / cll=326,63 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.00 / hist-threshold=0.01 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / hdr10 / hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / scenecut-aware-qp=0 / conformance-window-right-offset=0 / conformance-window-bottom-offset=0 / decoder-max-rate=0 / no-vbv-live-multi-pass
Language                       : English
Default                        : Yes
Forced                         : No
Color range                    : Limited
Color primaries                : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics       : PQ
Matrix coefficients            : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primar : Display P3
Mastering display luminance    : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level    : 326 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Le : 63 cd/m2

rbjtech

ok - so I'm not sure what is creating these (Writing library : x265 3.5+12+14-106329cbd:[Windows][GCC 10.3.0][64 bit] 10bit ?) but at 'only' 22Gb - I don't think they are Remux's.

I'll test with the link you provided earlier (from Dolby) 

Other than that - I think it's over to the Dev's to see if exoplayer even supports this profile ..

Edited by rbjtech

Skynet92
9 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ok - so I'm not sure what is creating these (Writing library : x265 3.5+12+14-106329cbd:[Windows][GCC 10.3.0][64 bit] 10bit ?) but at 'only' 22Gb - I don't think they are Remux's.

I'll test with the link you provided earlier (from Dolby) 

Other than that - I think it's over to the Dev's to see if exoplayer even supports this profile ..

I do think that exoplayer support P8.
On shield it works perfectly 

It's not remux but bluray Rip.

Remux P7 single works perfectly 

• Like 1

Skynet92

I checked on the exoplayer site and there is indeed HDR10+ compatibility with MKV, but it doesn't work with Emby in the Dune HD.
With the internal video player it works.