Video transport controls bar appears underneath Android navigation bar

csimon

csimon

In the Android app on my tablet (Google Pixel C with Android 8.1.0), if I set the Play On to the instance of Emby on my Roku stick, and then select a video to play on it, a transport control bar appears at the bottom of the tablet screen. However, it is displayed underneath Android's own navigation bar therefore cannot be accessed. Trying to touch one of the transport controls or the playlist icon, results in the Android navigation button being selected instead. A lot of apps cause the Android navigation bar to slide out of the way when the app is in fullscreen and allow it to be brought back with a swipe.

See attached screenshot.

Server: 4.6.4.0
Emby Android app: 3.2.05

Screenshot_20210830-215348.jpg

Edited by csimon

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

• 3 weeks later...
Napsterbater

It's not limited to that, as you can see the save button for example went in metadata editing is also underneath the controls.

Screenshot_20210917-225234.png

roaku

I reported similar behavior with audio controls and an Android phone.

In my case, it seems to occur only when I'm using Emby in offline mode.

• 3 weeks later...
csimon

No, I'm afraid it hasn't worked for me. Hoping I've installed the above file OK - asked me whether I want to update the existing app, keeping all existing settings, and I replied OK. The app is showing me version 3.2.17, whereas it's 3.2.12 on another device that I haven't updated.  But I'm still getting the same overlaid controls issue as in my first post.