Video transport controls bar appears underneath Android navigation bar

csimon
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

On 9/17/2021 at 10:55 PM, Napsterbater said:

It's not limited to that, as you can see the save button for example went in metadata editing is also underneath the controls.

Screenshot_20210917-225234.png

@csimon do you have this issue when editing metadata, or no?

I don't edit metadata using the app, but I've logged in with a profile that is allowed to do it and no, I don't have the problem because the popup that opens doesn't extend to the bottom of the screen.  However, you can see that the Android navigation bar still appears on the bottom line with Emby content displayed underneath it, so if this popup extended down that far then the Save button would not be accessible. The popup might display differently on different screen sizes and devices. The only problem I have is with the Emby transport controls (with the Playlist button and Now Playing access) that appear when playing media to another device, because they appear in a fixed position on the bottom line, underneath the Android navigation bar.Screenshot_20221006-090508.png.853897c335c00894194f0795d6c74f0d.png

When playing video full-screen on the device using the Emby app, the Android navigation bar slides out of the way properly. However, for the browsing and admin screens, it remains on the bottom line.  In the Youtube app for example, the navigation bars slide out of the way when playing video but also remains on the screen in browsing screens in the same way, however the Youtube app does not display anything behind the bar. It places its navigation on the line above (or another way of looking at it is that it displays its navigation at the bottom of the page at double-height with the bottom bit blank).

Screenshot_20221006-102000.png.447028afc789c67799dffe33e70ac76b.png

• Solution

OK I may have found something so please try again with the next update to the app and let me know how that compares. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Luke, that has indeed solved the problem with the app version 3.2.82. The transport controls are now appearing on a line above the Androd navigation controls, as though the tranpsort control opverlay is now double-height, and the controls are accessible.

However, now I've got access to the transport controls, the Now Playing screen and the Play Queue screen, I've found three other UI issues. Do you want me to list them here or create individual threads for them?

Edited by csimon

After further playing around, I think two of the other issues are with the Roku app, so they don't belong here! However the other one is:

On both the Now Playing and the Play Queue screens, the Previous and Next track buttons do not appear. This is regardless of which version of Android and which app it is playing to, so I believe it's a problem with the mobile app. It may be a deliberate design decision? But it's inconvenient that they don't appear on those screens.

nowplaying.jpg.efa4c7fc0783926d1a15dded2874ac43.jpg

• Thanks 1