Server Playback Stuttering

sivivatu
Go to solution Solved by rodainas,

sivivatu

When I try to watch content in the browser, the playback is stuttering and impossible to watch. 

The stats for nerds says it is DirectPlaying (which i expect) and when i watch from the file in VLC it works properly. (see below)

I ran a test at 11 Aug 2021 at 11:40 (UK BST). The server is installed on Unraid (Linuxserver docker) and running version 4.6.4.0.

Not sure what other information I need to help but would like to be able to use the server for content again

embyserver.txtimage.png.bd67ecbc360d9cbac0bf1943c0a898be.png

• Solution
rodainas
1 hour ago, sivivatu said:

When I try to watch content in the browser, the playback is stuttering and impossible to watch. 

The stats for nerds says it is DirectPlaying (which i expect) and when i watch from the file in VLC it works properly. (see below)

I ran a test at 11 Aug 2021 at 11:40 (UK BST). The server is installed on Unraid (Linuxserver docker) and running version 4.6.4.0.

Not sure what other information I need to help but would like to be able to use the server for content again

embyserver.txt 120.12 kB · 0 downloads image.png.bd67ecbc360d9cbac0bf1943c0a898be.png

Thats a browser limitation with hevc codec playback (bugged).

For better compatibility with direct play use emby apps to play your media.

Seems like you are using Edge?

sivivatu

Yep Im using Edge as a browser, I didn't even think about the browser I was thinking it might be something in my Unraid config that I wasnt thinking of. I tried in the Android App but the video wouldnt load at all, is the codec supported in the Android app?

rodainas

Yes that codec it is supported on Android App.

Post a log containing the moment you try to play it on Android, that would help to find what type of problem is happening there.