Problem with Music and photo libraries

kaledi

I'm not a Synology Photo user so I'm not sure how much control you have over photo storage.

When I experimented with it it put the files in the user's home directories but I figured out how to point Emby Server at that location so they would load in Emby also.

My NAS is on the fritz and I'm moving the data off it to do a factory restore. Otherwise I would take a look for you. You should be able to figure this out quickly taking a look on your NAS howevr.

Trying to keep the thread easy to read if possible without having to switch threads for an answer.

Was it not permissions for the System Internal User?

Cayars,

The permissions for the System Internal User weren't enough.

I've added emby to the administrators using SSH 

image.png.d231cbea98720632b2fc6b220d1a9734.png

I've added a new library Foto's in which I would like to see all the pictures from the photo library

image.thumb.png.fa02193808c670ba46046408e6371e1b.png

After restarting DSM completely, emby could start scanning the photo library.

It's cool you got that working but don't know for how long you'll be able to do it.

Application users are not supposed to be part of groups now in DSM 7 but instead as part of DSM 7+ are given specific access to things like storage and devices by application approval in the case of different device types. Mass storage access is done using the internal emby user at the share level and individual files or groups of files are done though Synology DSM which can be access through apps approved to use it (IE mostly Synology apps like Photos).

It's cool you got this working DSM 6 style but I'd not be surprised if it stops working on a security audit/check or any DSM update. Some people are still doing this for things like GPU access in docker as well so it seems Synology hasn't been enforcing all the new DSM 7 security measures they put in place but would expect them to be tougher on security as a few of the competition NAS products have been having a lot of trouble with phishing and malware attacks.  QNAP just suffered it's 2nd major attack.

Anyway, glad you got it working but just wanted to give you a heads up on it and make sure you take at look at the first note on the package (package center).

image.png.0989ec301dfc07e25f985f4e32356453.png

KrieckG
3 hours ago, cayars said:

It's cool you got that working but don't know for how long you'll be able to do it.

Application users are not supposed to be part of groups now in DSM 7 but instead as part of DSM 7+ are given specific access to things like storage and devices by application approval in the case of different device types. Mass storage access is done using the internal emby user at the share level and individual files or groups of files are done though Synology DSM which can be access through apps approved to use it (IE mostly Synology apps like Photos).

It's cool you got this working DSM 6 style but I'd not be surprised if it stops working on a security audit/check or any DSM update. Some people are still doing this for things like GPU access in docker as well so it seems Synology hasn't been enforcing all the new DSM 7 security measures they put in place but would expect them to be tougher on security as a few of the competition NAS products have been having a lot of trouble with phishing and malware attacks.  QNAP just suffered it's 2nd major attack.

Anyway, glad you got it working but just wanted to give you a heads up on it and make sure you take at look at the first note on the package (package center).

image.png.0989ec301dfc07e25f985f4e32356453.png

I hope this will keep working for a long time since it seems to be the only way to see photos correctly in Synology Photos as well as in Emby.

15 hours ago, KrieckG said:

I hope this will keep working for a long time since it seems to be the only way to see photos correctly in Synology Photos as well as in Emby.

Did you try it the other way I mentioned following the DSM 7 style setup Synology is pushing?

KrieckG
10 hours ago, cayars said:

Did you try it the other way I mentioned following the DSM 7 style setup Synology is pushing?

You mean this way you described earlier in this thread? That one didn't work for me.

Just noticed you are on DSM 7.  Have you set the new DSM 7 permissions yet for the system internal user for the share in Control Panel?

Highlight share, hit edit button, change to permissions tab.
Change drop down list box to system internal user.

Scroll down to the emby user and make sure the proper box is checked giving read/write access.

Yes well it's not enough as there's the other step I mentioned that's done in the app granting access, in this case Photos.