Problem with Music and photo libraries

kaledi

kaledi

I have the latest version of Emby server on a Synology NAS DSM 7.  Migration from DSM 6.2 went fine.  Libraries are fine, except music and photo libraries.

With the music library no music is shown except when I go the folders view and then I can navigate to different albums and the meta data appears to be correct for the music.

For photos, which are all jpeg, nothing shows regardless of library refresh.

For both, I've checked that the internal user 'emby' has access rights to the respective shared folders.

Any suggestions?

Hi, if you look at the library menu at your music and photo libraries what type does it say under it?

Does it say "Mixed Content" on either?

It seems that i have the same problem.
I have 2 shared folders on my Synology (both have access) and since DSM 7, Photos are not recognized/scanned.
Scanning begins immediately for the Video folder but does nothing for the Photo folder.
I triple checked access on this shared folder (Photo) in synology but still it doesn't recognize or can access the content.
image.thumb.png.483eb28a43c41c0a2b0b53d5c60fca33.png

6 minutes ago, Gulan said:

It seems that i have the same problem.
I have 2 shared folders on my Synology (both have access) and since DSM 7, Photos are not recognized/scanned.
Scanning begins immediately for the Video folder but does nothing for the Photo folder.
I triple checked access on this shared folder (Photo) in synology but still it doesn't recognize or can access the content.

Can you scan this library then upload your server log when it finishes so we can take a look?

It's loading other years but has a problem with

Access to the path '/volume1/Photo/2021' is denied.

There could be others as well but I saw this one in the logs.

2021-08-14 13:41:14.360 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.4.0
    Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
    Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:37:40 CST 2021
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 2
    Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
    Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Photo/2021' is denied.

7 minutes ago, cayars said:

2021-08-14 13:41:14.360 Error Server: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.4.0
    Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
    Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:37:40 CST 2021
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 2
    Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
    Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Photo/2021' is denied.

Ok but I changed access on the individual folders after that. Look after 16:42 where i did my scan again.

Edited by Gulan

3 hours ago, Gulan said:

Ok but I changed access on the individual folders after that. Look after 16:42 where i did my scan again.

And what happened after that? What do you see when browsing the library in the emby web app? What formats are the photos?

17 hours ago, Luke said:

And what happened after that? What do you see when browsing the library in the emby web app? What formats are the photos?

Nothing: the library is empty.  You don't see a progress bar calculating like with the Video's of the other folder.

image.thumb.png.811b5eaeb76e56d81b2ca13b28f00fce.png

3 minutes ago, cayars said:

We still need the answer to what @Luke asked.

What format are these photos?

Formats are plain jpg.

This shared folder (Photo) wasn't a problem in DSM6 for Emby, so I don't know what happened now in DSM7.

If you want to do a remote session I'd be happy to take a look with you to see if we can figure this out.
Send me a PM if you would like to do this.

13 hours ago, Luke said:

How many emby libraries have you created and what folder paths did you add to each one?

• I have a Movies: (/volume1/Nasmedia/Films en Series/Films)
  • I have a TV Series (/volume1/Nasmedia/Films en Series/Series)
  • I have a Home Videos & Photos which uses
    • /volume1/Photo
    • /volume1/Video

Red = Shared folder

All are ok except Photo.

Edited by Gulan

16 hours ago, cayars said:

Have you fixed the permission problem yet?

No, I don't have proof it is a permission problem. I checked all access several times for the shared folder and the subfolders.

Edited by Gulan