1. emby comes with caption search problem 2. key device problem 3. dual ser

Joechung
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

OK thank you.

I would check your login credentials in the plugin setup and retype them just to make sure you have them correct.

I was able to duplicate your results with a bad password on OpenSubtitles.

I see a lot of errors in your log with douban.com mentioned?  What is this?

Joechung
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

OK thank you.

I would check your login credentials in the plugin setup and retype them just to make sure you have them correct.

Hello ma'am what should I do now to cooperate with you?

Douban movie is a Chinese movie website (similar to imbd website) is used to scrape movie information, there is also a corresponding Douban plugin on emby.

My OpenSubtitles account and password are correct. (This is for sure)

I don't know how to get my emby to display search subtitles. I'm really struggling, can you help me solve my problem?

Joechung
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

OK thank you.

I have uploaded my logs and problem videos many times. I don't know why the reason is still not found. I previously uninstalled the Douban plugin and searched for subtitles and the results were the same as the video, without any changes. (So I think I can rule out the Douban plugin as the cause of the problem.)

Can you remove any any all subtitle plugin except for Open Subs just to narrow down possibilities?

Joechung
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Can you remove any any all subtitle plugin except for Open Subs just to narrow down possibilities?

I have only OpenSubtitles. and subs plugins now. There are no other subtitle plugins. The video above also shows you the settings.

Joechung
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

Can you remove all but open subs?

Hello ma'am, do you mean I should delete all the plugins and only have open and subs left?

Joechung
11 minutes ago, cayars said:

Ma'am I suggest to ask for your direct remote assistance for me. Since this problem has been checked for a long time without a solution, remote assistance is probably the best way to go. It is also the best way to save time and effort.

Joechung
34 minutes ago, cayars said:

I have only one subtitle plugin at the moment, OpenSubtitles, and I have uninstalled the rest of them. But still nothing has changed. I can't find the subtitles as well.

2021-07-25_142411.png

Edited by Joechung

OK that's good but different than your last server log file.

Can you do another search and upload your server log?

Joechung
1 minute ago, cayars said:

OK that's good but different than your last server log file.

Can you do another search and upload your server log?

Okay I'll re-upload the log.

embyserver.txt

Hi.  All attempts to reach the metadata providers are timing out.  I couldn't find this specific to opensubtitles but I imagine it is the same problem.  Something blocking the server from getting to them.

Joechung
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  All attempts to reach the metadata providers are timing out.  I couldn't find this specific to opensubtitles but I imagine it is the same problem.  Something blocking the server from getting to them.

So what should I do to make OpenSubtitles subtitles search properly?

I'm seeing a lot of timeout errors as well as still having Douban loaded.
Loading Douban, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/Douban.dll

Are you running Emby Server behind a VPN or anything like that?

You need to investigate why the server process cannot get out to the internet.  It is probably a network configuration or firewall issue.

Joechung
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

You need to investigate why the server process cannot get out to the internet.  It is probably a network configuration or firewall issue.

Hello, I'm a user in China, could the subtitle network have something to do with this?
But I can access the OpenSubtitles website normally with the internet.

Joechung
17 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm seeing a lot of timeout errors as well as still having Douban loaded.
Loading Douban, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/Douban.dll

Are you running Emby Server behind a VPN or anything like that?

I don't have VPN turned on yet, I'm a Chinese user. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. But I can access OpenSubtitles website normally. So is it necessary to uninstall the Douban plugin?

Yes please as we want to eliminate any other sub provider errors possibly affecting Open Subs.   It's just one less issue in diagnosing your issue.

Please turn off debug logging from your LOG menu as well.

Joechung
29 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yes please as we want to eliminate any other sub provider errors possibly affecting Open Subs.   It's just one less issue in diagnosing your issue.

Please turn off debug logging from your LOG menu as well.

I've turned off the debug log and uninstalled Douban, still no change, still can't find subtitles

This log looks like it's communicating just fine with Open Subs as there are no errors.

Could you PM your open subtitles username and password so I can test using your credentials?

Joechung
1 小时前,cayars 说:

此日志看起来与 Open Subs 通信得很好,因为没有错误。

你能PM你的开放字幕用户名和密码,以便我可以使用你的凭据进行测试吗?

Edited by Joechung

Please edit and remove your credentials from the previous message.

I did test with your credentials on a few movies and get back both English and simplified Chinese subs so it's not account related.

@Luke any ideas how to troubleshoot this as it looks by the logs that requests are going through but not enough logging to know what it found.

Joechung
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Please edit and remove your credentials from the previous message.

I did test with your credentials on a few movies and get back both English and simplified Chinese subs so it's not account related.

@Luke any ideas how to troubleshoot this as it looks by the logs that requests are going through but not enough logging to know what it found.

Yes, thank you ma'am. I hope I can solve my problem faster. And hopefully it will really solve my problem.