Jump to content

Have to constantly reset Emby for Live TV


sven86
 Share

Recommended Posts

Emby Server: Ubuntu 20.04 on a HP 290 p0043w with 16GB RAM.

Hello. Ever since I have upgraded from 4.5 to 4.6, I have to constantly reset my server for Live TV at least once a day or else I get Playback Error after a few hours running, and at one time I had to do it three times. I don't know what is causing it, and I tried looking through the logs but can't spot anything. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ebr I looked at the transcode temp location folder, and it's only taking up 5GB of space, which is small considering I have over 400GB of space.

 @Luke When I go to the Guide section:

120747642_ScreenShot2021-07-27at5_12_41PM.thumb.png.51fd4c9dfd86619c4c3d72ea938830cf.png

1917079023_ScreenShot2021-07-27at5_15_08PM.thumb.png.f2cf7ffc77ff0d53ebd899b3121de8b8.png

If I click on any one of the programs above, I get this:

108637185_ScreenShot2021-07-27at5_16_38PM.png.21e11a734db32655187db641e69d7f49.png

I have to constantly reset Emby to get it back to normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Can you try and play something again, then immediately after you get this error go to the Logs menu on the server Dashboard.

Is there an ffmpeg log with the proper time stamp as this playback?  If so download that log file as well as the server log file at the top of the list and post these files back here for us to look at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, sven86 said:

@ebr I looked at the transcode temp location folder, and it's only taking up 5GB of space, which is small considering I have over 400GB of space.

 @Luke When I go to the Guide section:

120747642_ScreenShot2021-07-27at5_12_41PM.thumb.png.51fd4c9dfd86619c4c3d72ea938830cf.png

1917079023_ScreenShot2021-07-27at5_15_08PM.thumb.png.f2cf7ffc77ff0d53ebd899b3121de8b8.png

If I click on any one of the programs above, I get this:

108637185_ScreenShot2021-07-27at5_16_38PM.png.21e11a734db32655187db641e69d7f49.png

I have to constantly reset Emby to get it back to normal.

Please attach the emby server log from when this happened. thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I did run into the playback error again on my second TV source. I have two TV sources, and the playback error usually happens to both at the same time; but this time it's just my 2nd TV source. 

 

Will post it again if it also happens on the 1st TV source, which is quite unusual right now since it's been 4 days and everything is working fine on that end. That has never happened before the upgrade.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d2028823-24f6-48cb-aeba-3bd02df6f78a_1.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, the reason this happened is you exhausted your m3u limit of streams:
MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached.

You should configure your tuner(s) with the stream limit your provider has assigned you, which can help in situations like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read a post on here: 

And since I am using xTeve, I'm gonna try using the xTeve buffer, which was not set. The number of tuners was already set, but not that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I got another trouble. 

It seems that for the first TV sources some channels are working and some channels are not working, and there's no rhyme or reason to it:

For example: BeIn Sports works fine:

690908832_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_41_31PM.thumb.png.8515adfa0164085be237dec813e2b151.pngh

2058199197_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_43_04PM.thumb.png.6a1a31a805389fb0964be9b02efb1267.png

But not the next channel: CNN

1183901655_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_43_30PM.thumb.png.6e569cc0d2b6272e038e18f8e5b70af0.png

1790136819_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_43_53PM.thumb.png.d2f19a42d8b078767d57503457b647c0.png

Before I made the changes, this was not hapenning.

This is starting to drive me crazy.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-930794eb-7099-41c3-9e3e-7a7f64050f0f_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-229e00db-4f36-4899-b728-b78a3102c9a2_1.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sven86 said:

Now I got another trouble. 

It seems that for the first TV sources some channels are working and some channels are not working, and there's no rhyme or reason to it:

For example: BeIn Sports works fine:

690908832_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_41_31PM.thumb.png.8515adfa0164085be237dec813e2b151.pngh

2058199197_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_43_04PM.thumb.png.6a1a31a805389fb0964be9b02efb1267.png

But not the next channel: CNN

1183901655_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_43_30PM.thumb.png.6e569cc0d2b6272e038e18f8e5b70af0.png

1790136819_ScreenShot2021-08-03at9_43_53PM.thumb.png.d2f19a42d8b078767d57503457b647c0.png

Before I made the changes, this was not hapenning.

This is starting to drive me crazy.

embyserver.txt 20.51 MB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-remux-930794eb-7099-41c3-9e3e-7a7f64050f0f_1.txt 444.58 kB · 1 download ffmpeg-transcode-229e00db-4f36-4899-b728-b78a3102c9a2_1.txt 887 kB · 1 download

Hi, try refreshing the guide data again in live tv setup. It's possible the contents of the m3u have changed since the last refresh. Please try this, then try to play again and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was this ever resolved? I have this same issue. I have validated that I have the correct limit set but even if I didn't I'm not using any at the time the error is occurring so I'm not sure why it would think that. I can reset the server and it immediately starts working again.

MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Homeskewld said:

2

In tuner setup do you have it set as 2 streams?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Homeskewld said:

MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached.

Then with that error it would indicate that 2 streams are already in use so Emby logged the exception and of course there would be no streams available to play so the client would give the error that it gives.

Seems like things are working correctly.

PS You may want to look around as there are good providers that give you 5 streams.

Edited by cayars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, cayars said:

Then with that error it would indicate that 2 streams are already in use so Emby logged the exception and of course there would be no streams available to play so the client would give the error that it gives.

Seems like things are working correctly.

PS You may want to look around as there are good providers that give you 5 streams.

But what I'm saying is it's throwing that error when there is no indication that any streams are in use. There are no recordings, no users, nothing, and yet somehow the streams are in use. If I restart it works again so it seems as though Emby is not releasing the streams when they are no longer in use. 

Also worth noting, I am not using xteve or anything else as an intermediary, only Emby. 

Edited by Homeskewld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...