Cytec Metadata - German Airdate Support

Bufu

Hey Guys,

i have developed my first emby addon.

It's still in alpha state, but i hope some of the german users will test it and give me feedback (Bugs or Requests)!

Have fun!

PS: Don't forget to set a Crytec API Key in Plugin-Settings (It's free).

Version 1.4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sixo1eu2hxg25wq/CytecMetadata_V1.4.dll

Version 1.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re82tj1tpa4byax/CytecMetadata_V1.3.dll

Version 1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs0q6m5ohz3zl7v/CytecMetadataV1.2.dll

Version 1.1.5878.34500

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c021mm0va5fwr30/CytecMetadata_V1.1.5878.34500.dll

Version 1.0.5878.27331

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwszmcgd6nfkl8d/CytecMetadata_V1.0.5878.27331.dll

Edited by Bufu
  • Like 1

shorty1483

What do I need to do? Place in Plugin folder, restart Emby, configure (API key) and then rescan series root folder?

Edited by elysium

What do I need to do? Place in Plugin folder, restart Emby, configure (API key) and then rescan series root folder?

Yes and you have to set the priority of TheTVDB-Cytec higher then TheTVDB, but DON'T disable TheTVDB! This should be the default configuration, but please check this before you start a new scan.

• Like 1

shorty1483

@

Will immediately check out after my family completed the movie. Didn't thought you're such a fast guy :D Well done!

The problem is, if emby already load airdates from tvdb (us-dates), a new scan will not replace existing dates...

Until now the plugin only works with new items in library. I'm not sure if i can clean the cache after installing the plugin, but i will try.

shorty1483

The problem is, if emby already load airdates from tvdb (us-dates), a new scan will not replace existing dates...

Also not when refreshing all metadata in Metadata Manager?

Edited by elysium

shorty1483

OK @, I can confirm that it's working really great :D But just, as you said, for new added series unfortunately. I searched Emby folders like /cache/tvdb and tried to delete series data there, but no chance. But I'm pretty sure Luke knows a way how to fix it.

German Upcoming, yay :D

56b383ee7677b_Unbenannt.png

Recognized the Airtime is not correct, but it's the same on cytec, so no Emby problem. Important is the day imo.

Edited by elysium

shorty1483

you'd have to manually refresh existing series

Full Refresh in Metadata Manager? If so, this does not work here.

Ok, you guys are going to have to investigate. I do not have the bandwidth right now to find the answer as to why.

• Like 1

shorty1483

Ok, you guys are going to have to investigate. I do not have the bandwidth right now to find the answer as to why.

Just need the info where the upcoming data is stored.

Edited by elysium

@Luke: no problem, we will find a solution!

@elysium: It's not only the upcoming data, it's the zip file which is downloaded from tvdb for a whole series, but i have an idea to fix it

@Schimi: Sure, but only if its stable in a few weeks or month

Edited by Burikan
  • Like 1

Version 1.1.5878.34500 has a property in settings, which allows you to force refresh from metadata-manager, when enabled.

This is just a workaround. I'm trying to use the force refresh property for normal library scan ...

I'm trying to use the force refresh property for normal library scan ...

Do not do that. That is not the plugin's responsibility to decide.

Version 1.2 is online. I put a Button in the Plugin-Settings to force a full library scan with replace old data.

This could talk a long time and you got no feedback ... so please stay patience.

Please post any Bug here in this Thread.

Edited by Burikan

pünktchen

Your plugin is only working if i rescrape my whole tv library with german airdates and tv stations?

Although i really appreciate your work on this, this is definitely a no go for me.

Your plugin is only working if i rescrape my whole tv library with german airdates and tv stations?

Although i really appreciate your work on this, this is definitely a no go for me.

What are you expecting? The data has to be downloaded at some point right?

• Like 2

I have tested some different sizes and combinations of library and the initial scan seems to work without problems. ;)

@pünktchen: You have to start the initial scan just once, if you have an existing library. For new series its not necessary. Sorry but i see no other solution for this problem ... :mellow:

Edited by Burikan

shorty1483

I have tested some different sizes and combinations of library and the initial scan seems to work without problems. ;)

@pünktchen: You have to start the initial scan just once, if you have an existing library. For new series its not necessary. Sorry but i see no other solution for this problem ... :mellow:

I just started an initial scan. Progress in log is the only method to check progress of this scan right? Can the plugin show a progress task like the server inbuilt library scan?

• Like 1

I just started an initial scan. Progress in log is the only method to check progress of this scan right? Can the plugin show a progress task like the server inbuilt library scan?

Correct. A progress bar in plugin settings is a good idea, i will try to develop this.

• Like 1

shorty1483

@Burikan 

Initial Scan complete, but ran into some weird problems (perhaps due to the mix of cytec and tvdb data?)...

1. Original Airdates are also shown when episode has no Airdate in Germany, but with the german TV channel. So everything gets a bit into chaos

2. Some Airdates are incorrect like e.g. Castle

56b46ec9bfe84_cytec1.png56b46ed38691f_cytec2.png56b46edde192b_cytec3.png

Edited by elysium
  • Like 1