Hide "Last Seen" on User Login page

Poptartica

Poptartica

Just a small snippet of CSS to share-

I'm sure (very sure... )there must be a better way to do this, a more precise way.. however... for a CSS noob like me this quick/dirty addition did the job.

Basically, I wanted to disable (or just hide) the "Last Seen" for users on the login page. I was able to do that using this:

.cardText:nth-of-type(2) {
    visibility: hidden;
}

BUT - the downside to this is that the usernames under "Users" in the server administration share this same field. So those will not be visible either. You can see them again if you remove the code under Branding. You can still see the user's name if you click on the picture and go to the administration section for them.

I personally just assigned a unique picture to each user so I could recognize them without names, but it's something to keep in mind! ;)
  • Like 2

Starkadius

I have been doing this for a long time now as well but using a more direct method which does not affect the usernames.

Edit the file loginpage.js located at MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts\ and search for:

html += lastSeen;

Either comment or delete the whole line. Unfortunately after every new server update you will have to make this change. If only there was a setting built into the admin options to disable this permanently across all  apps and not just the web client.

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 1

Poptartica

I have been doing this for a long time now as well but using a more direct method which does not affect the usernames.

Edit the file loginpage.js located at MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\scripts\ and search for:

html += lastSeen;

Either comment or delete the whole line. Unfortunately after every new server update you will have to make this change. If only there was a setting built into the admin options to disable this permanently across all  apps and not just the web client.

Very nice! That sounds great,especially for users who need to see all the usernames in User admin (for example ones who have many users). Thanks for sharing!