FreeNAS plugin

Luke

Robp2175

I am on Version 3.0.5912.0 right now. When I tried to upgrade directly to 3.0.7200 I had nothing but problems, some of which I wrote in my post above. But the above, as it turns out, was the least of my problems. After about a day Emby would become so slow it was unusable, requiring me to reboot the jail. Then after I played a video or two, it would become unusable again. So I rolled back to a snapshot when it was still on version 3.0.5912.0 and it has been working perfect ever since.

What I would like to do is try to upgrade in stages. For example, try to upgrade to 3.0.5986, then go to 3.0.6400, and test it after every stage to make sure it is functioning properly. However, it is unclear to me how I would best go about doing this. I know that I can download and install plugins from here http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/ and then setup the storage and migrate the emby settings, but I was hoping for a better way. For example, is there any way to upgrade an emby plugin to a specific version, maybe via the CLI?

I appreciate the assistance.

josh4trunks

I am on Version 3.0.5912.0 right now. When I tried to upgrade directly to 3.0.7200 I had nothing but problems, some of which I wrote in my post above. But the above, as it turns out, was the least of my problems. After about a day Emby would become so slow it was unusable, requiring me to reboot the jail. Then after I played a video or two, it would become unusable again. So I rolled back to a snapshot when it was still on version 3.0.5912.0 and it has been working perfect ever since.

What I would like to do is try to upgrade in stages. For example, try to upgrade to 3.0.5986, then go to 3.0.6400, and test it after every stage to make sure it is functioning properly. However, it is unclear to me how I would best go about doing this. I know that I can download and install plugins from here http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/ and then setup the storage and migrate the emby settings, but I was hoping for a better way. For example, is there any way to upgrade an emby plugin to a specific version, maybe via the CLI?

I appreciate the assistance.

upload a PBI for another plugin to the emby plugin jail (for example btsync). you are now free to...

* stop the plugin

* delete the emby plugin

* upload any newer PBI for emby

* start the plugin

• Like 1

Robp2175

upload a PBI for another plugin to the emby plugin jail (for example btsync). you are now free to...

* stop the plugin

* delete the emby plugin

* start the plugin

This worked perfect, I missed the button to upload a plugin into a jail. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Like 1

If i may ask... why upload a different plugin to emby to then delete it... why not just stop it ams delete it from the start...

Also do you lose all your emby Data when you do that?

josh4trunks

If i may ask... why upload a different plugin to emby to then delete it... why not just stop it ams delete it from the start...

Also do you lose all your emby Data when you do that?

if you ever delete the last plugin installed to a plugin jail that jail will be deleted (including your emby data). you will not lose your emby data with the method I outlined.

• Like 1

* stop the plugin

* delete the emby plugin

* start the plugin

"upload a PBI for another plugin to the emby plugin jail (for example btsync). you are now free to..."

Does this override the emby plugin jail or does this simply create another plugin jail for btsync?

This only needs to be done if emby is the only plugin jail running?

If i had other plugin jails running then it is not necessary to upload a random plugin jail or am i not understanding this

Thanks in advance for clarifying

josh4trunks

"upload a PBI for another plugin to the emby plugin jail (for example btsync). you are now free to..."

Does this override the emby plugin jail or does this simply create another plugin jail for btsync?

This only needs to be done if emby is the only plugin jail running?

If i had other plugin jails running then it is not necessary to upload a random plugin jail or am i not understanding this

Thanks in advance for clarifying

i dont believe you are understanding it properly.

If you upload to a specific plugin jail, it installs an additional plugin to that jail. an additional jail is only created if you upload a PBI on the Plugins > Available tab.

this needs to be done if emby is the only plugin installed to the jail that emby is installed to. refer to my last 2 posts

hagensieker

I just updated to 8.0.8300 and my channels got misordered.   12.1, 12, 3, 12.2........like that.  No manner of sorting straightens them out.  Any ideas?  Worked in 3.0.7200 just fine

Vidman

I just tried accessing emby via ps3 via DLNA and version .8300 of the freenas plugin shuts down/ turns off as soon is i try to navigate to my movies library. Is this a known issue with emby or the freenas plugin? I can supply logs if needed

Hello I have a major problem with Greek subtitles. In every device i Play a movie or a tv show with srt greek subtitles, I get incomprehensible texts.

I tried an installation as a standalone freebsd  and as a plugin in freenas but the problem is still there. I can only read english subtitles but not greek

Tried to play with the locale but nothting.

Do you have any solution to the problem?

Thank you

Did you see anything in my logs Luke?

Nothing that would cause a crash. Is it happening consistently? What about with other dlna devices?

Just wanted to give an update

Running Version 3.0.8300.0 on a FreeNAS 9.10

I was having some issues lately

i was not able to watch movies using my phone even though i was able to cast it using chromecast on a TV

I was able to watch movies on my phone using an external player.

I was having some issues with the channel numbers not being in numerical order in the most recent update...

anyways just wanted to say that i nuked and paved my system for other reasons and it fixed all my problems i was having regarding playback on my cell phone and channels are now in numerical orders for LIVE TV.

Possible bugs

When reinstalling emby from scratch on my freenas after destroying ALL jails and force deleting the jail folders and restarting...

When adding drives on the initial setup screen when you click okay to add the drive it just kinda freezes and hangs... you have to end up clicking okay multiple times or click back or forward and then it will add the same folder/drive multiple times.....

I nuked and paved emby lots of times this last weekend for other things and this always happened on the initial setup screen when adding drives there is something wrong... i eventually add it but something is going on its not smooth.

just a fyi

Just wanted to give an update

Running Version 3.0.8300.0 on a FreeNAS 9.10

I was having some issues lately

i was not able to watch movies using my phone even though i was able to cast it using chromecast on a TV

I was able to watch movies on my phone using an external player.

I was having some issues with the channel numbers not being in numerical order in the most recent update...

anyways just wanted to say that i nuked and paved my system for other reasons and it fixed all my problems i was having regarding playback on my cell phone and channels are now in numerical orders for LIVE TV.

Possible bugs

When reinstalling emby from scratch on my freenas after destroying ALL jails and force deleting the jail folders and restarting...

When adding drives on the initial setup screen when you click okay to add the drive it just kinda freezes and hangs... you have to end up clicking okay multiple times or click back or forward and then it will add the same folder/drive multiple times.....

I nuked and paved emby lots of times this last weekend for other things and this always happened on the initial setup screen when adding drives there is something wrong... i eventually add it but something is going on its not smooth.

just a fyi

Hi, thanks for the feedback. It is probably just slow to query the drives on the system. We'll have to look at making sure you can't click the button multiple times.

I may of spoken too soon about the LIVE TV channels being in order.

On initial install the channels are in order....

It appears that after watching multiple channels the default order changes

Whatever channel i watch gets pushed to the very top of the list

It appears that it remembers all the different channels i watch orders all the channels i watch from smallest to largest.....

After listing all the channels i have watched in order from largest to smallest it will then start the normal numbering order from channel 2 to the largest channel....

LIke if i watch channels 33,252,403,415,428

It will place those at the very beginning in order from smallest to largest..... then start the rest of the channels 

58242632035ae_Emby.jpg

spencerisadog

That's a user configurable option;

I'm having difficulty finding it right now but I specifically remember that being a setting where the last watched channel will be moved to the top of the guide.

Found it:

When you're on the LiveTV Guide click on the grid in the top left corner next to the date.  There is a radio button at the very top that is "Sort channels by:" and your choices are Channel Number and Recently Watched.

Edited by spencerisadog
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. Some troubles with the plugin version 3.0.8300.0. Both my TV's can't see the Emby server. But all devices can see PowerDVD DLNA. I am update the plugin to version 3.0.8500.0.

And that not solve the problem. I tried to remove and re-mark the checkbox DLNA but it did not help. Please help me to solve the problem :о)

@@spencerisadog

Found it thanks!

i noticed "place favorite channel at the beginning" was checked... i unchecked it and it resolved my issue.... i don't remember clicking favorite to any of the channels though... maybe that's a bug?

It was currently on sort by channel number not most recently watched channel at the top...

maybe its confusing most recently watched channel with favorites?

This is for Version 3.0.8300.0

post-1224-0-41802300-1479260575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eddie