Zoolu 2 Posted August 28 Posted August 28 I have been trying for weeks to get access remotely. I have the port forward, my nas has a static ip. I have triple check the settings. What am I missing? Thanks for any help
visproduction 374 Posted August 28 Posted August 28 Zoo, That's not enough info. What hardware, app or web browser are you using? Are you trying to connect with a direct Ethernet cable to the server, via Wifi? What are you router settings and firewall permissions? Local IP 192... works if you are on the same router / network, otherwise access remotely needs to use the other real IP address. Which are you trying to use when you say remotely. You cannot access remotely from another Internet access point using 192... address.
Zoolu 2 Posted August 28 Author Posted August 28 Sorry, I am trying to login from my android phone, I have a ds218 +, which is hard wired with a satic ip, if I am on my network it's find I can't login if I'm not on my network. Router settings is attached in picture thanks
Zoolu 2 Posted August 29 Author Posted August 29 No I haven't, do I have to call them? It's a, local net company. Any way to check. Thanks
Luke 43180 Posted August 30 Posted August 30 Hi, we mention that in our Connecting from Client Apps guide. please go through that and let us know if it helps. Thanks.
Luke 43180 Posted August 31 Posted August 31 21 minutes ago, Zoolu said: Yes I tried that a couple times. What exactly in the guide did you try? And what exactly happened?
Zoolu 2 Posted August 31 Author Posted August 31 I did exactly what the guild said, I check it several times, it connects fine untill my android device is not connected to my home network exactly
Luke 43180 Posted August 31 Posted August 31 Can you please show and tell us what you did? What were the cgnat results?
Zoolu 2 Posted August 31 Author Posted August 31 Thanks for everyone's help I have a cgnat, they want $10 a month to do it the other way not worth it,I was wondering because I tried everything a couple of times. Thanks for the help again
Luke 43180 Posted August 31 Posted August 31 Just now, Zoolu said: Thanks for everyone's help I have a cgnat, they want $10 a month to do it the other way not worth it,I was wondering because I tried everything a couple of times. Thanks for the help again The alternative is having to setup a vpn or tailscaoe on your client machines before they can connect. If there are going to be a lot of clients, that $10 will save you the trouble of having to do that.
Luke 43180 Posted August 31 Posted August 31 But yes that does seem like a lot. Usually I hear people paying around $5 for it.
Zoolu 2 Posted August 31 Author Posted August 31 I probably won't use it much out of network. I'll look into a VPN and tailscaoe. Thanks for the help 1
Zoolu 2 Posted August 31 Author Posted August 31 I got a question, what would it take to get it to work without paying extra?
Luke 43180 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 3 hours ago, Zoolu said: I got a question, what would it take to get it to work without paying extra? VPN/TailScale? Is there really another way?
Luke 43180 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 15 hours ago, Zoolu said: Can you install that on a synology ds218+ nas? Yes you can:
Zoolu 2 Posted September 1 Author Posted September 1 OK thanks for the help I will definitely look into it Can you install that on a synology ds218+ nas?
Luke 43180 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 1 minute ago, Zoolu said: OK thanks for the help I will definitely look into it Can you install that on a synology ds218+ nas? I would think so.
Zoolu 2 Posted September 1 Author Posted September 1 OK I looked at tailscale, only question I have is will everyone that uses my emby need to have tailscale installed on there device?
vdatanet 1719 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 19 minutes ago, Zoolu said: OK I looked at tailscale, only question I have is will everyone that uses my emby need to have tailscale installed on there device? Yes
Zoolu 2 Posted September 1 Author Posted September 1 OK thanks that is how I understand it, but they could access emby if they had tailscale installed?
Luke 43180 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 15 minutes ago, Zoolu said: OK thanks that is how I understand it, but they could access emby if they had tailscale installed? If it's on both sides yes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now