New Plugin: Smart Playlists 2.0

ShaneP

ShaneP
34 minutes ago, redhalo said:

I can confirm that I have the same problem with add playlist opening nothing, except I don't appear to have an error in my logs. Latest version of plugin, tried with both the latest beta and stable Emby.

Thanks @redhalo, do you have any media items/libraries set up? It’s odd, cause I’ve tested on both. If you go to developer tools on your browser is there any errors in the console? 

redhalo
10 hours ago, ShaneP said:

Thanks @redhalo, do you have any media items/libraries set up? It’s odd, cause I’ve tested on both. If you go to developer tools on your browser is there any errors in the console? 

This looks like it may tell something? My Emby is on a reverse proxy subfolder on my domain, yet the api address points to smartplaylist as a subfolder of my primary domain rather than under /emby. The only time my domain is listed within Emby's settings is in External Domain as *****.***/emby, so I'm not sure how smartplaylist generates this. This is a bit over my head.

apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.29:1          GET https://*****.***/smartplaylist/appData?v=2.2.0.2&X-Emby-Client=Emby%20Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google%20Chrome%20Chrome%20OS&X-Emby-Device-Id=fc6cf2ad-80fb-42a8-b072-eca47d16bbe3&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.29&X-Emby-Token=850e2af5872b4db89463bb5f58ee9e55 404
getFetchPromise @ apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.29:1
value @ apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.29:1
t.loadAppData @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
(anonymous) @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
zu @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
t.unstable_runWithPriority @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
Qa @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
Du @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
A @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
w.port1.onmessage @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
index.html#!/configu…list.2.2.0.2.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) Response {type: 'basic', url: 'https://*****.**/smartplaylist/appD….29&X-Emby-Token=850e2af5872b4db89463bb5f58ee9e55', redirected: false, status: 404, ok: false, …}

ShaneP
10 minutes ago, redhalo said:

This looks like it may tell something? My Emby is on a reverse proxy subfolder on my domain, yet the api address points to smartplaylist as a subfolder of my primary domain rather than under /emby. The only time my domain is listed within Emby's settings is in External Domain as *****.***/emby, so I'm not sure how smartplaylist generates this. This is a bit over my head.

apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.29:1          GET https://*****.***/smartplaylist/appData?v=2.2.0.2&X-Emby-Client=Emby%20Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google%20Chrome%20Chrome%20OS&X-Emby-Device-Id=fc6cf2ad-80fb-42a8-b072-eca47d16bbe3&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.29&X-Emby-Token=850e2af5872b4db89463bb5f58ee9e55 404
getFetchPromise @ apiclient.js?v=4.7.0.29:1
t.loadAppData @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
zu @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
t.unstable_runWithPriority @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
Qa @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
Du @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
A @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
w.port1.onmessage @ ConfigurationPage?name=smartplaylist.2.2.0.2.js&2.2.0.2:1
index.html#!/configu…list.2.2.0.2.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) Response {type: 'basic', url: 'https://*****.**/smartplaylist/appD….29&X-Emby-Token=850e2af5872b4db89463bb5f58ee9e55', redirected: false, status: 404, ok: false, …}

Great, thanks for that, it helps a bit, the paths are rooted from original design, let me switch the relative and see if that makes a different in the next release.

redhalo
14 minutes ago, ShaneP said:

Great, thanks for that, it helps a bit, the paths are rooted from original design, let me switch the relative and see if that makes a different in the next release.

Man thanks for the response. Your plugin is super helpful, I appreciate your efforts.

ShaneP

Version 2.3.0.0 is available for testing

Version 2.3.0.0

• Feature
    • Added an 'Is Empty' operator
    • Added better error handling and server/client communication
    • Added Sort Job and Sort Scheduled Task for Playlists (Collections do not support sorting, even by adding and removing in order)
    • Removed "Sort newly Added Items" for Collections as Collections cannot be sorted.
  • Bug
    • Removed duplicate criteria: Community Rating. (Existing is: Rating (Community))
    • Moved API calls to use relative paths if URL mapping is a thing.

Note on Sort Job, there is a new background process for sorting playlists, unfortunately from my tests it seems like collections are not sortable.

image.png.7fc065db7699a11ba112fe7f711b66b5.pngimage.png.a6b0333629572dd2ae4cbdf74410a510.pngimage.png.7d3bc2a8d701c5b572b4c86990c89f97.pngimage.png.6c637db4e4bec8b1cca45871adb415d0.png

SmartPlaylist-2.3.0.0.zip

Edited by ShaneP

ginjaninja

i am seeing some odd behaviour sorting a playlist of recently played episodes by Played Date desc

the desired behaviour is emby shows a a playlist of recently played episodes, with most recent 1st, updated from time to time. (and expected a minute or so after i press play icon on playlist in the plugin ui)

the observed behaviour is unclear

but there are two issues

1. the playlist is not generally sorted by last played date descending (but its difficult to tell how it is being sorted).

2. Some played episodes dont make it to the list

can anyone else get this to work? is it just me?

tested on 2.3 on svr 4.7.0.30

image.thumb.png.038166f96c8c7e68c72a80e0e7caaa2a.png

image.thumb.png.11a64cb4296c03dbc146d3a8160e4b09.png

ShaneP
2 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

i am seeing some odd behaviour sorting a playlist of recently played episodes by Played Date desc

the desired behaviour is emby shows a a playlist of recently played episodes, with most recent 1st, updated from time to time. (and expected a minute or so after i press play icon on playlist in the plugin ui)

the observed behaviour is unclear

but there are two issues

1. the playlist is not generally sorted by last played date descending (but its difficult to tell how it is being sorted).

2. Some played episodes dont make it to the list

can anyone else get this to work? is it just me?

tested on 2.3 on svr 4.7.0.30

image.thumb.png.038166f96c8c7e68c72a80e0e7caaa2a.png

image.thumb.png.11a64cb4296c03dbc146d3a8160e4b09.png

Hey @gingerninja, I think I know what is happening here, the way "Live" mode works is that when an item is added or changed an event is fired with  the new item. the smart playlist will try collect a few of these events (As not to fire every time). So once the time has elapsed or the "queue" is full, it will process the items. So here's my suspicion with this, that the "newly" added items is only 1 item, it can't sort it. To resolve you could change your mode, Shuffle modes rebuild the entire list, or you could try out the new "Sort Job" functionality, where on a schedule the playlist would be sorted in the background. I might remove the "newly sort" option when selecting live mode in the next release, as it really doesn't make sense here.

EDIT: Also "Live" mode will only run against items in the current playlist when selecting the "Execute" option in the UI as there are no "New Items" from the event. (Could explain the missing). I might also remove the execute option if live mode to avoid confusion.

Edited by ShaneP

ginjaninja

thanks for feedback

i was playing with various configurations and this one seems alot better

image.thumb.png.1008e3f2f468fb7a3ed0e843177d6450.png

Its very responsive and updates itself almost immediately and the order looks correct....time will tell if it misses any content. will keep an eye on it.

ShaneP
23 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

thanks for feedback

i was playing with various configurations and this one seems alot better

image.thumb.png.1008e3f2f468fb7a3ed0e843177d6450.png

Its very responsive and updates itself almost immediately and the order looks correct....time will tell if it misses any content. will keep an eye on it.

@gingerninja Noice!!! Why I think this worked is that limit takes all the items including the newly added item/s from live, sorts them and then only takes the top X. That would happen every time an update is fired that is identified for a playlist/collection.

Edited by ShaneP

ginjaninja
On 15/03/2022 at 13:43, ShaneP said:

@gingerninja Noice!!! Why I think this worked is that limit takes all the items including the newly added item/s from live, sorts them and then only takes the top X. That would happen every time an update is fired that is identified for a playlist/collection.

I think i may be getting closer to understanding why some content is not showing...

Question 1.

How is the plugin obtaining date played? does emby store this at the object level regardless of the user? my understanding is playdate is a property of the user and the object..but the playlist  config doesnt ask for user..so im concluding that emby stores lastplayeddate (by any user) directly on the object?

Issue 2.

when i look at the userdata there is no last playeddate on episodes missing from the playlist, despite being played. so emby may have a bug and is not recording lastplayeddate in some circumstances? (this was an episode played yesterday on roku on 4.7.0.30)

image.png.c9ac3a21438794ba3179fb249481ccaf.png

if i mark the episode unplayed and played in webui...the lastplayeddate gets populated on /users/items..and the episode appears in the playlist. (fwiw the playcount did not increment, remained at 1)

image.png.3d97589b0d7b093b555f9cfa77059c71.png

Nostromo86

Hi, 

Woo great job :)

Is it possible to create a Netflix studio collection or playlist and display a button on the homescreen?

Also I don't understand my mistake, can you help me?

Thank you

2022-03-17_12h55_04.thumb.png.d70b03cacc2462396496b4c61fbec3af.png2022-03-17_12h57_45.thumb.png.fe3fcf50912524382df07fab39126be5.png

ShaneP
On 3/17/2022 at 11:59 AM, Nostromo86 said:

Hi, 

Woo great job :)

Is it possible to create a Netflix studio collection or playlist and display a button on the homescreen?

Also I don't understand my mistake, can you help me?

Thank you

2022-03-17_12h55_04.thumb.png.d70b03cacc2462396496b4c61fbec3af.png2022-03-17_12h57_45.thumb.png.fe3fcf50912524382df07fab39126be5.png

Hey @Nostromo86, unfortunately you cannot add a playlist or collection directly to the homescreen (Emby restriction). Closes you can get is adding a playlist or collection (parent) button, which would then take you to all the collections/playlists.

You should be able to create a collection/playlist withoutt grouping. (Remember your metadata needs to be correct). So you could create:

image.thumb.png.b27eca2a3f01aa21e27e680b23791111.png

deiniol39

Love the plugin, any way to do resolution Filter. Or am I just missing something. Would like to do one for 4k movies.

thisismytrial

Fantastic plugin! A must have if you want to really customize your library. 

One request though that I am not sure is even doable. Is there a way to have an "even distribution" order setting? For example, say I have 3 shows in a playlist; it would play one episode of each before repeating a series. 

For example: Seinfeld S1E1, Fraiser S1E1, Cheers S1E1 |  Seinfeld S1E2, Fraiser S1E2, Cheers S1E2, | Seinfeld S1E3, etc.  

Thanks for considering! 

Ninko

I tried placing the .DLL file in emby's plugin folder using WinSCP on my Synology NAS but it gave me a permissions error.

Any help?

Thanks

Tremas

In the past, I've used a trick with the backup plugin provided you already have that installed. If you save backups to a shared folder you should be able to drop in the new plugin .dll next to the backed up plugins. Then you go to the emby dashboard and restore from that backup (you can choose to restore plugins only). The permissions should be set correctly since the emby user is moving the files from the backup. Haven't done it in awhile but it would save me from having to ssh into the system for a quick update.

• Like 2

Hawkwinter

Hihi

I'm pretty new to Emby. Gradually transitioning my library to Emby from Plex, which involves a surprising amount of manual work when you have a bunch of custom metadata. Plex doesn't export that metadata nicely.

I've just tried the plugin for the first time.

I created 2 smart playlists. They show up under advanced.

One is an "All MCU Chronological" that should be showing all my MCU stuff (show episodes and films) sorted by release date (and I'm overwriting the release dates based on the MCU wiki timeline dates - to give me a specifically sorted comprehensive MCU playlist (well, comprehensive of my collection anyways) - I have that working in my old Plex server, but it's been giving me headaches more and more the past few years, which is why I'm now looking at setting up Emby and probably switching in the near future).

The Other one is a show I often leave on in the background. Series contains (Show Name), Not played in the last week, limited list: 50 items; shuffle daily.

However, I can't find the actual playlists. They don't show up in the "Playlist" page - which just says "No Items Found" (I have no manual playlists).

I've tried clicking them smart playlists I made under advanced and waiting for the popup-progress bar to finish, and I've also run the "Sort All Smart Playlists"

Do they show up somewhere else? Have I missed a step?

Emby Server 4.6.7.0
Currently running the free version - if that's relevant. Was planning to try it for a bit, and then buy the lifetime license once I know I'm going to keep using it.

Thank you for your assistance.

image.png.2e94d565a08a52914c157daa007a01b6.png

Edited by Hawkwinter
Adding a Screenshot

Ninko
4 hours ago, Tremas said:

In the past, I've used a trick with the backup plugin provided you already have that installed. If you save backups to a shared folder you should be able to drop in the new plugin .dll next to the backed up plugins. Then you go to the emby dashboard and restore from that backup (you can choose to restore plugins only). The permissions should be set correctly since the emby user is moving the files from the backup. Haven't done it in awhile but it would save me from having to ssh into the system for a quick update.

This does indeed work, thanks!

I'm testing a new playlist but is giving no results when it should.

I suspect it's me doing wrong, but any help?

Thanks

Screenshot_20220331-212103_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220331-213149_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ninko
  • Like 1

horstepipe

Hey @ShaneP

since some days I was not able to access the plugins GUI anymore - just anything was displayed there. I thought that you published a new version so I updated to v2.3.

Unfortunately the same result. I checked the error in the log files, any idea?

2022-04-01 09:45:31.579 Error Server: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.0.31
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-104-generic (buildd@ubuntu) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #118-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 2 19:02:41 UTC 2022
        Framework: .NET 6.0.2
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.CleanupOldLimit(SmartPlaylistDto dto)
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.CleanupSmartPlaylist(SmartPlaylistDto dto)
           at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.GetAllSmartPlaylistsAsync()
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.<GetAllCachedSmartPlaylistAsync>b__8_0()
           at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MemCache.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<<GetOrCreateManyAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
        --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
           at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MemCache.GetOrCreateManyAsync(Func`1 createAllFunc, TimeSpan absoluteExpiration)
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.GetAllCachedSmartPlaylistAsync()
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.LoadPlaylistsAsync(Guid userId)
           at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.Services.SmartPlaylistStorePerfLoggerDecorator.LoadPlaylistsAsync(Guid userId)
           at SmartPlaylist.Api.SmartPlaylistApi.Get(GetAppData request)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: SmartPlaylist
        TargetSite: Boolean CleanupOldLimit(SmartPlaylist.Contracts.SmartPlaylistDto)

Please don't tell me that I have to start from scratch 🙂

Best regards

thisismytrial
On 3/30/2022 at 4:40 PM, thisismytrial said:

One request though that I am not sure is even doable. Is there a way to have an "even distribution" order setting? For example, say I have 3 shows in a playlist; it would play one episode of each before repeating a series. 

For example: Seinfeld S1E1, Fraiser S1E1, Cheers S1E1 |  Seinfeld S1E2, Fraiser S1E2, Cheers S1E2, | Seinfeld S1E3, etc.  

Thanks for considering! 

@ShaneP Just making sure you saw this request because I forgot to tag you. Thanks! 

Hawkwinter
6 hours ago, thisismytrial said:

@ShaneP Just making sure you saw this request because I forgot to tag you. Thanks! 

Just a random user waiting to have their own question answered, but...

Sort By: Episode sounds like it might do what you're looking for. Maybe.

My current problem is an inability to make the plugin actually make playlists, so I can't test it.

thisismytrial
On 4/1/2022 at 6:46 PM, Hawkwinter said:

Just a random user waiting to have their own question answered, but...

Sort By: Episode sounds like it might do what you're looking for. Maybe.

My current problem is an inability to make the plugin actually make playlists, so I can't test it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that just sorts it alphabetically based on show title, then by episode title. 

Edited by thisismytrial

ShaneP
On 3/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, deiniol39 said:

Love the plugin, any way to do resolution Filter. Or am I just missing something. Would like to do one for 4k movies.

Hey @deiniol39, If there  is metadata for this, I can add the criteria. But I'll investigate where this data is stored and how it's related and will let you know.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:40 PM, thisismytrial said:

Thanks for considering! 

@thisismytrial It seems that you need to have multiple sorts here... i.e. sort by series then by episode, I'll see the overhead of adding this in the new sort job functionality. This might take awhile though :D

On 3/31/2022 at 6:43 PM, Ninko said:

@Tremas That's not a bad idea, I'll give it a try, thanks.

@Ninko and @Tremas, thanks for finding a solution to this, I will see what I need to do to add this the the Emby official plugin list and that should make deployment allot easier.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:26 PM, Ninko said:

This does indeed work, thanks!

I'm testing a new playlist but is giving no results when it should.

I suspect it's me doing wrong, but any help?

Thanks

Screenshot_20220331-212103_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220331-213149_Chrome.jpg

@Ninko Did you figure out why it's not finding your items? Can you have a look at the metadata for one item you expect to see and see if the 'Last Played' has the correct value?

On 4/1/2022 at 8:49 AM, horstepipe said:

Hey @ShaneP

since some days I was not able to access the plugins GUI anymore - just anything was displayed there. I thought that you published a new version so I updated to v2.3.

Unfortunately the same result. I checked the error in the log files, any idea?

2022-04-01 09:45:31.579 Error Server: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.0.31
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-104-generic (buildd@ubuntu) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #118-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 2 19:02:41 UTC 2022
        Framework: .NET 6.0.2
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.CleanupOldLimit(SmartPlaylistDto dto)
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.CleanupSmartPlaylist(SmartPlaylistDto dto)
           at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.GetAllSmartPlaylistsAsync()
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.<GetAllCachedSmartPlaylistAsync>b__8_0()
           at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MemCache.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<<GetOrCreateManyAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
        --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
           at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MemCache.GetOrCreateManyAsync(Func`1 createAllFunc, TimeSpan absoluteExpiration)
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.GetAllCachedSmartPlaylistAsync()
           at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.LoadPlaylistsAsync(Guid userId)
           at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.Services.SmartPlaylistStorePerfLoggerDecorator.LoadPlaylistsAsync(Guid userId)
           at SmartPlaylist.Api.SmartPlaylistApi.Get(GetAppData request)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: SmartPlaylist
        TargetSite: Boolean CleanupOldLimit(SmartPlaylist.Contracts.SmartPlaylistDto)

Please don't tell me that I have to start from scratch 🙂

Best regards

@horstepipe OH NO! This seems to be related to the old caching code which I might need to be revisited. We can get to the bottom of it and will make sure you don't have to start from scratch. Did you change a 'limit' on any of the playlists? I think I should also extend the old error handling to at least spit out a bit more detail of what playlist is failing. We can continue via DM to get to the bottom of this...

• Agree 1