Certain library music files will no longer play on Fire TV app

rewojcik

Just now, rewojcik said:

My problem is the tracks won't play.

Okay, in that case, try to play one and then go to the app home screen, click on your user at the top and select "Send Logs..." from there.

Thanks.

Hi.  Can you tell me exactly what you did in that log?  It looks like you went in via folder browsing and then what...?

rewojcik

The files I attempted to play are in a folder named "Mozart Piano Concerto #16." That is one of 7 folders stored under the name of the performing artist. The performing artist folder is stored in my "Ron's iTunes Music" folder, which is on my drive dedicated to music. I identify each file by genre, which is how I sort them when looking for music. So, to play the selected files, the sequence was: 1)Emby Home Screen, click on music: 2)Select genre tab; 3)Select "Piano Concerto" genre; Select folder with desired files; 4)Press play.

This works with all of the files on that dedicated drive and has worked for the entire time I've been using Emby (years). But lately, some of the files that previously played are no longer playing in the Emby Fire TV app. They play in the Emby server; they play in the Emby Android apps on my phone and tablet. So it doesn't appear that the files themselves are corrupted. Just in case, I've tried deleting them and then reloading them, but that doesn't work. The logical conclusion, from my point of view is that there is some type of problem with the Emby Fire TV app.

Also, if I switch to using Plex, the files play just fine on the Plex server and Plex Fire TV app. I appreciate everything you're trying to do, but if this is going to consume much more time to fix, I'll probably just abandon Emby and switch over to Plex.

Email is not always the most efficient way to communicate, so if you'd like to actually have a phone conversation, let me know and we can set something up.

Thanks,

Thanks for the details.  So you were not using folder browsing?  Meaning you never selected the "Folders" tab?

On 7/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, rewojcik said:

They will play on the Emby server on my Windows PC; they will play on the Emby Android apps on my phone and tablet;

Yes, it is something unique to this app.

@rewojcik I assume if you sideload the Android mobile app onto your Fire, they will play then?

4 hours ago, rewojcik said:

I have no idea how to side load the Android app to Fire TV

See if this helps:

13 hours ago, rewojcik said:

So is that the end of it? It just won't work properly on Fire TV?

Hi.  No it is not but it may take us a bit of time to find out what is going on.  If you side-load that other app and put it in TV display mode, it may do what you want for now.

Thanks.

rewojcik

I don't know how to "side-load" an app to Fire TV. So for now, I'll go back to using Plex for my media files. I really do prefer Emby, so let me know if you figure this out.

CBers
14 hours ago, rewojcik said:

I have no idea how to side load the Android app to Fire TV

2 minutes ago, rewojcik said:

I don't know how to "side-load" an app to Fire TV. So for now, I'll go back to using Plex for my media files. I really do prefer Emby, so let me know if you figure this out.

How to Sideload Fire TV Apps on Your Fire TV Stick or Cube

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, rewojcik said:

Just wondering if there is any resolution to this problem yet.

Hi.  Have you tried with the latest beta of the app?

rewojcik

Amazon Fire TV is where I'm having the problem. Android apps work fine. But my primary sound system runs off of Fire TV, so we're right back to where we started. When everything was working fine I was a real fan of Emby, but now I'm just going to keep using Plex. If you ever get this solved for Amazon Fire TV Sticks, I'll be happy to try Emby again, but for now - you've lost me.

23 minutes ago, rewojcik said:

Amazon Fire TV is where I'm having the problem. Android apps work fine. But my primary sound system runs off of Fire TV, so we're right back to where we started. When everything was working fine I was a real fan of Emby, but now I'm just going to keep using Plex. If you ever get this solved for Amazon Fire TV Sticks, I'll be happy to try Emby again, but for now - you've lost me.

Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how it compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.