Cover Art - Ignore Folder Issue When Name Almost Match

PeterDB

PeterDB

Hi! Love the plugin, but found a bug that prevents my use case.

My use case:

• Cover Art should not be enabled for Series
  • Cover Art should not be enabled for Movies
  • Cover Art should be enabled for 4K Movies
  • Series are stored in separate folder/share on the path /mnt/user/Series
  • Movies are stored in separate folder/share on the path /mnt/user/Movies
  • 4K Movies are stored in separate folder/share on the path /mnt/user/Movies4K

Issue:

1. If /mnt/user/Series is included in Ignore Folders Series are excluded from treatment, then is expected behavior (see screenshot 1)
  2. if /mnt/user/Movies4K is included in Ignore Folders 4K Movies are excluded from treatment, then is expected behavior (see screenshot 2)
  3. if /mnt/user/Movies is included in Ignore Folders Movies are excluded from treatment, but so is the path /mnt/user/Movies4K, then is unexpected behavior and an issue (see screenshot 3)

To me it looks like the Ignore Folders doesn't take the actual full path, but what do I know, all I know is, that I only want treatment on 4K movies, but no matter what I do, I cannot.

Any ideas?

Bonus Question: Can I change the artwork used for the 4K treatment, as I really don't like the golden 4K.

Screenshot 1

EmbyCoverArt-Normal.thumb.jpg.1acc71f5c7cc165b11b427a6a048acdd.jpg

Screenshot 2

EmbyCoverArt-4K-Excluded.thumb.jpg.2eda0d8a74268dfa1a03d3d31a80046b.jpg

Screenshot 3

EmbyCoverArt-MainMovies-Excluded.thumb.jpg.ac68736fc1e1e5eb869d4778dea27fe5.jpg

Edited by PeterDB

Hi. The profile system is designed to include subfolders as well so it only checks that the paths match up to the shortest one and your naming scheme fits that criteria.  If you change anything in the 4K path to be different or change the other path to have something after "Movies" then it should work as you want.

PeterDB

Thanks for quick response and very clear.

However, while I understand your logic, it doesn't seem correct, as neither are subfolders, nor does it seem correct that one who have to change all the shares to match a plugin requirement.

Sadly, for me, this means Cover Art isn't a viable option for me to use.

We apologize but to be fast, the plugin does not try to parse the path to determine actual directories.  It just compares the common part of the strings.

PeterDB

Considering the easy of use of the plugin, I've reassessed and decided to adapt my own folder/shared structure, so instead of ./Movies and ./Movies4K I now use ./Movies and ./4KMovies. With the path to Series and Movies being ignore, only my 4K content is being treated, it works correctly.

• Like 1

PeterDB

Follow up question: Is it possible to change the logo that is used for 4K

EDIT Figured it out!

In Treatment I used MetroCase for both Movie and Thumb, so I navigated to /mnt/user/appdata/EmbyServer/cache/coverart/4.1.14.0/MetroCase. Here I replaced three files default.png, Folder.png and UHD.png with edited versions that included white 4K logo instead. Downside was that I had to select a new image for all the 4K content in order to load the new treatment.

image.png.c786c4f2718240c5bd15a163478c147f.png

image.png.d514e4e47e614e943835f9c08bec9d34.png

UHD.thumb.png.20603fc4554b7205217076b31bf43e67.pngFolder.thumb.png.00785d2305c9409b001d67fba68d22d8.pngdefault.thumb.png.59b8efb5ee09c72fa44c29398c4421e8.png

Edited by PeterDB
found solution

Hi.  Save your edited versions of those because they will be overwritten by an update of the plugin.

PeterDB

bummer... but they are saved :) anychance of getting a feature request to make custom treatment with custom made templates?

Save them somewhere else as that is an internal folder to the plugin.  Custom treatments are possible but would be a fairly low priority item at this point in time.

Thanks.