Collections library?!

zenobit06
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

zenobit06

How can I delete the "Collections" (Sammlungen) library? 🤔
With the last Emby version it automatically appeared next to the three libraries I designed myself and I don't need it.

gdfrtrg.png

Happy2Play

Are you saying there are no Collections in that now virtual library?  If it contains items then it will always reappear no matter how many times you remove it.  All the items would have to be deleted first to remove the metadata that it making the collection.

If it contains no items then there is a hack to remove it.

shutdown Emby
go to "Data path: /Users/{username}/.config/emby-server/root/default"
delete that collections folder
start Emby
That should change the content type of Collections shown on Dashboard-Library to Mixed Content and allow you to remove them.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, zenobit06 said:

No more Ideas how I can delete the folder? 😦

If you have no collection then the instructions above allow you to remove it.  But if any Collection exists in Emby it will be recreated.

zenobit06
14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

If you have no collection then the instructions above allow you to remove it....

The instruction above is helpful to find the data path with the folder, but it doesn't explain HOW to delete it.

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, zenobit06 said:

The instruction above is helpful to find the data path with the folder, but it doesn't explain HOW to delete it.

You would have to navigate to that path or delete it via command line, but am not a MacOS user.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

@zenobit06 we need to improve this and offer a way for you to hide the library globally.

In the meantime, each user can hide it individually in their home screen settings. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1