Movie file naming for Emby and Kodi

TugboatBill

TugboatBill

I having a problem with the naming of movies.  I have:

The Lord of The Rings The Two Towers\The Lord of The Rings The Two Towers - Extended [1080p].mkv

and

The Lord of The Rings The Two Towers\The Lord of The Rings The Two Towers - Extended [2160p].mkv

In Emby I can select whichever version I want to play.  However in Kodi I only see the first one.    How do I name then so that both appear in Kodi yet still allow selection in Emby?

rodainas

If you are using emby next gen for kodi or embycon addons, both lets you select the version of the movie you want to play, but you have to press play on the item for the popup to showup. If you want a movie version selector like emby when viewing the movie information page (before playing the item), that's not possible with Kodi.

TugboatBill

How do I get it to come up in next gen?  I tried pressing play and it just starts playing the 1080 version.

rodainas
14 hours ago, TugboatBill said:

How do I get it to come up in next gen?  I tried pressing play and it just starts playing the 1080 version.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

Do you have checked Enable Context Menu on Interface on Emby Next Gen settings?

I name the movies like this, the difference with what you have is that you arent using year.

You should try renaming your files and rescanning the library, after your movies entries get updated on emby server,and emby next gen synchronices this changes, then play the movie.

Multi-version movies

Multiple versions of the same content can be stored in a single movie folder.

/Movies   /300 (2006)   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p.mkv   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p-trailer.mp4   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 4K.mkv   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 720p.mp4   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - extended edition.mp4   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - directors cut.mp4   /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 3D.hsbs.mp4

The weird thing is that emby already detects multiversion for you, but for some reason emby next gen is ignoring with your current setup.

if this doesnt help maybe the problem are versions used, what version of emby next gen and Kodi are you using?

Am using Latest emby next gen from stable repo and Kodi 19.1.

Edited by rodainas

quickmic

Important information:

next-gen 5.x in native mode does not support multiselection.

It's supported by 6.x but this is an experimental version.

• Like 1