Who's watching?

Ninko

Ninko

It would be nice to have the option of displaying the login screen (who's watching?) when you load up the app while also remembering the login details of accounts logged in before on that device.

This way the user is asked who's watching without having to keep putting in their password on that device.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

So, you want to bypass the password for all users once authenticated once?  You can already setup to not require a password on the local LAN.

• Agree 1

Ninko

Bypass the password once THAT user has logged in using their password, but still ask who's watching when you load the app.

As it stands, you can have the current user remembered, but sometimes someone else may want to be in their own account, so it would be nice to have that account remembered on that device once they have confirmed their password for the first time.

And as for the log in screen, sometimes people forget to change to their own account, hence why it would be nice to have the option of asking, who's watching, when you load up the app.

I know you can for LAN devices, I'm referring to remote devices.

Thanks

Ninko

Kind of, but that thread doesn't mention about being asked who's watching (login screen) when loading up the app.

20 hours ago, Ninko said:

Kind of, but that thread doesn't mention about being asked who's watching (login screen) when loading up the app.

That is already possible now - you just want a persistent validation method so that, when you "log in" it doesn't require your password all the time.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
Sammy

I "upvote" this.

I'd like to make it simple for my daughter to switch to her account so that my wife's and my account don't have her continue watching and next up filtered into our list.. If that makes sense. It would be an easy one-click selection a la Netflix or Prime and allow individual users to quickly switch to their account and content. Currently the TV in her room is logged into her account so when she watches in the family room or bar she's logged into our account and therefore has to search for stuff she's watching in her room. This feature would definitely improve this situation for all users in a common household.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

I "upvote" this.

I'd like to make it simple for my daughter to switch to her account so that my wife's and my account don't have her continue watching and next up filtered into our list.. If that makes sense. It would be an easy one-click selection a la Netflix or Prime and allow individual users to quickly switch to their account and content. Currently the TV in her room is logged into her account so when she watches in the family room or bar she's logged into our account and therefore has to search for stuff she's watching in her room. This feature would definitely improve this situation for all users in a common household.

Which app?  Android TV, Fire TV and Roku all have quick switch options on the user menu.

image.png

Sammy

AndroidTV and Samsung Tizen.

This is missed most of the time. Having it at the load of the app would be better and having both places would be best.

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, Sammy said:

This is missed most of the time. Having it at the load of the app

You can disable remember last user in the Android TV app and then you will have this at the app load.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Having it at the load of the app would be better

Set the login behavior to "Show Login Screen" and you will get that.  Together with "Don't require password on the local network" I think you'll get exactly what you want for your Daughter.

Sammy

Oh. Cool! For both AndroidTV and Samsung Tizen?

I've seen these settings before but have "Show Login Screen" disabled. I think I'll need to make a modification for the user accounts in the server though. How to hide all the other uses so only the two desired show at start up?

Sammy

Oops. Here it is..

image.png.94358d25ed302e1ad5615b31a48c63e6.png

How about the opposite setting where all users are NOT shown on the LAN unless toggled to show them? This way only one or a couple of users need to be configured rather than all the other users not wanted to be seen on the LAN.

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

Two things on that..

1. Sometimes I test remote users locally.
  2. I want my users to be able to swap devices and although I do know there's some password sharing going on I limit the number of simultaneous streams they get..

Sammy

Another issue I'm seeing.

I have this setting selected but I'm still being prompted for a password on AndroidTV devices even after force stopping the Emby app/client.

image.thumb.png.ac1bebfb1126eeb099bf6c8774c73276.png

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

I have this setting selected but I'm still being prompted for a password on AndroidTV devices

Is the app connecting in a way that the server will know it is local?  Meaning not using the remote address.  Or, is there a proxy involved?  We'd need to look at a specific example (please create a new thread in the appropriate section) to know much more.

Sammy

I'll check it out. It is working as desired on some AndroidTV's and not others, even after logging out of Emby Connect and connecting to the server locally. I did check the connection and it is on the WiFi of course but on the same subnet too (I have three subnets and only one can see other devices on the network). I'll do a bit more investigation but other than this, how else to check?