enable HDR tone mapping

winniewangyh

winniewangyh

My cpu is Gold G5420. Emby has been using cpu transcoding after using hdr tone mapping function. If you don’t use this function, you can use gpu transcoding function normally.What is the problem?

That's a low end Pentium 2 core proc with Intel® UHD Graphics 610 graphics.

It can likely do some transcoding but probably isn't up to the task for tone mapping.

Is that what you're finding?

winniewangyh
13 hours ago, cayars said:

这是一款配备 Intel® UHD Graphics 610 显卡的低端 Pentium 2 核心处理器。

它可能会进行一些转码,但可能无法胜任色调映射的任务。

这是你要找的吗?

After turning on tone mapping, I did not use gpu transcoding, but used cpu transcoding. At the same time, I am also using plex, which can use tone mapping very well.

Hi, can you post a screen shot or two of your current Transcoding menu options?  Please change the first option to Advanced so we can see everything.

winniewangyh
22 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, can you post a screen shot or two of your current Transcoding menu options?  Please change the first option to Advanced so we can see everything.

IMG_2526.thumb.PNG.f229a77c6885ad7a006b4055db5a1ee4.PNGIMG_2525.thumb.PNG.3e34809614b3bcb6adbff57632a6da5c.PNGIMG_2524.thumb.PNG.db94ad0ad8495e2f223922fd537a2f15.PNG

That's only a partial amount.  There should be more configuration options on that page we need to see.

5 hours ago, cayars said:

That's only a partial amount.  There should be more configuration options on that page we need to see.

Which ones in particular do you need from him?

Throttling, sub extraction on the fly, tone map setting.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:29 AM, winniewangyh said:

My cpu is Gold G5420. Emby has been using cpu transcoding after using hdr tone mapping function. If you don’t use this function, you can use gpu transcoding function normally.What is the problem?

Hi @winniewangyh can we please look at a specific example of this? Please attach the information requested here:

Thanks.

winniewangyh
On 7/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, cayars said:

Throttling, sub extraction on the fly, tone map setting.

image.thumb.png.4f614fc265459a0e0535d2d61f6fdf71.png

Are these all right?If not, please tell me where to get it

winniewangyh
On 7/2/2021 at 5:00 AM, Luke said:

Hi @winniewangyh can we please look at a specific example of this? Please attach the information requested here:

Thanks.

I found Emby Server Logs,but I did not find WMC Logs

logs.zip

Sorry can't really tell much from those screen shots since it's not in English.

Instead can you upload the hardware detection log file?
That should be more helpful.

winniewangyh
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Sorry can't really tell much from those screen shots since it's not in English.

Instead can you upload the hardware detection log file?
That should be more helpful.

Do you mean Emby Server Logs?

10 hours ago, winniewangyh said:

How can I get it?

Instructions can be found here:

Thanks.

One transcode looked like it was working but received a quit command. The other transcode errored out.

@softworkz

For the one that quit, I think that happened because the player probably aborted playback due to not receiving data quickly enough. You can see in the ffmpeg log it's not able to transcode quickly enough to be playable.

That one was all done with software transcoding though based on your server settings, so that's not a big surprise.

Try setting server transcoding settings back to default and see how that compares. Thanks.

winniewangyh
18 hours ago, Luke said:

For the one that quit, I think that happened because the player probably aborted playback due to not receiving data quickly enough. You can see in the ffmpeg log it's not able to transcode quickly enough to be playable.

That one was all done with software transcoding though based on your server settings, so that's not a big surprise.

Try setting server transcoding settings back to default and see how that compares. Thanks.

I mean when I set the HDR tone mapping to only hardware acceleration, the transcoding calls cpu to handle the transcoding workffmpeg-transcode-da6a9c89-fd54-43fb-b070-23b6d4044130_1.txt

Then I set the HDR tone mapping to automatic, and the transcoding call is also the cpu processing the transcoding work.ffmpeg-transcode-eb0b0727-f85a-484a-b41e-2c02fbe56df6_1.txt

My GPU is capable of HDR tone mapping, but it is not used,In addition, my transcoding settings are all default values,So i don't know what went wrong

Edited by winniewangyh

Hi could you try something for me.  Install the Emby Diagnostics Plugin from the catalog and choose Extra-T for VAAPI tone mapping.

You will need this plugin installed to try the Extra-T tone mapping options.

Let us know if this makes any difference for you.

winniewangyh
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi could you try something for me.  Install the Emby Diagnostics Plugin from the catalog and choose Extra-T for VAAPI tone mapping.

You will need this plugin installed to try the Extra-T tone mapping options.

Let us know if this makes any difference for you.

I have installed this plugin, but I don't know how to choose Extra-T tone mapping options.image.thumb.png.1fbeeba3eb4a5dda12498e7a038bde35.png