Get Emby to Work on Mullvad VPN Easily

spm

Hi all,

For the Mullvad people I see their Windows beta allows for split tunneling.
Instead of port forward nightmares you can let your Emby Server ride outside of the VPN.

In Mullvad scroll all the way down in Advanced you'll see it. In the beta Mullvad you'll have to add Emby Server to excluded yourself since EmbyServer.exe is installed in AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system 

Working great for me even though I rarely watch outside the house but might do it more often now for the music part. 
I'm just so excited I can't hide it. Have a good one.

Screenshot (2).png

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
jewzilla

When I do this, I am unable to view any of my Live TV channels, locally or remotely. My other uploaded content works fine. 

2 hours ago, jewzilla said:

When I do this, I am unable to view any of my Live TV channels, locally or remotely. My other uploaded content works fine. 

Hi, when you do what exactly?

jewzilla

When I add Emby Server to Split Tunneling for Mullvad, I am no longer able to view Live TV (locally or remotely). I can watch all of my uploaded movies/TV shows just fine (locally and remotely). 

1 hour ago, jewzilla said:

When I add Emby Server to Split Tunneling for Mullvad, I am no longer able to view Live TV (locally or remotely). I can watch all of my uploaded movies/TV shows just fine (locally and remotely). 

Maybe you need to configure some exceptions for the vpn?

BungleBerry

Sorry to jump on this but is there a way to route Live TV via an IPTV provider through Mullvad? When I've tried the above it seems that only the main interface goes via the VPN. Is there anything extra I need to do? Many thanks.

11 hours ago, BungleBerry said:

Sorry to jump on this but is there a way to route Live TV via an IPTV provider through Mullvad? When I've tried the above it seems that only the main interface goes via the VPN. Is there anything extra I need to do? Many thanks.

What do you mean by main interface?

jewzilla

The split tunneling is the exception into the VPN. I am unable to watch Live TV locally or remotely, but am still able to watch uploaded content. 

jewzilla
On 1/18/2024 at 2:09 AM, BungleBerry said:

You are not able to since they stopped port forwarding. You can try split tunneling (my current inquiry), but it doesn't seem to work with Live TV. I am able to use Plex/xteve, with mullvad, as long as you use split tunneling with the plex server. My issue with Plex is transcoding/buffering. Was hoping to give Emby Live TV a shot remotely to see how that performs....