Delete album in Emby that doesn't exist in my music library

ramseyn

ramseyn

image.thumb.png.8656f53f3c7d1a9399547ee7cab277f3.png

image.thumb.png.08b160d6c89cdae9f8fff98fac6beee9.png

image.thumb.png.103d77f81a5f98afe59427fd0e231ff4.png

All those fields blank. But when I save the tags and scan the library then open it...

image.thumb.png.c1fe4fb7acce3ada9bddd211dd424583.png

It's done nothing

image.png

ramseyn

Been at this most of the day with no progress. I'm heartily sick of it now, so I am going to have some dinner, watch some Nightwish performances on video and look again tomorrow.

Maybe ditch the whole thing and just browse through BlueOs on my phone and feed into my BlueSound device.

Deathsquirrel
49 minutes ago, ramseyn said:

Been at this most of the day with no progress. I'm heartily sick of it now, so I am going to have some dinner, watch some Nightwish performances on video and look again tomorrow.

Maybe ditch the whole thing and just browse through BlueOs on my phone and feed into my BlueSound device.

@cayars offered to do a remote session to help with this.  I'd take him up on it.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I honestly did not know about the Tag Panel but to me your values are not set correctly.

panel.thumb.jpg.e093c7bbf28086c2b97515a869c304ce.jpg

ramseyn
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I honestly did not know about the Tag Panel but to me your values are not set correctly.

panel.thumb.jpg.e093c7bbf28086c2b97515a869c304ce.jpg

Obviously they are not. But at this stage it seems easier to switch to BluOs than carry on.

When I have more time I may take up the offer of remote support but not sure how busy I am, or indeed @cayars is, tomorrow.

1 hour ago, ramseyn said:

When I have more time I may take up the offer of remote support but not sure how busy I am, or indeed @cayars is, tomorrow.

Just send me a PM and we can work out a time.

ramseyn
17 hours ago, Deathsquirrel said:

You may wish to look into why you can't delete the tags or not, blank is fine too if you don't use them.

MUSICBRAINZ tags will be used if they are present.  They aren't required.  For tracks to show in a common album they need the Album and Album Artist tags populated correctly.  If you have MUSICBRAINZ tags then their album and album artist tags also need to match.

As others have said, if you have a 'USICBRAINZ' tag your tags are hosed up.  Delete them and retag the file.

I think I was suffering brain overload yesterday and not completely understanding.

This morning looking at it fresh, I realised better what you were saying. I could see the MBZ tags at the far right column (way off my screen) when I scrolled to far right. Then I could use the column headers to sort by the various MBZ tags, highlight all the ones that had values, Alt-T for extended tags, and delete the dodgy ones.

Not all issues are resolved - there appears to be an ARTISTS field that has "rtists" in it on some tracks. Currently cleaning all that up and I have now set ALL MBZ fields to <blank> - not just the ones with dodgy values but even the ones with correct MBZ values in them.

When this has all saved, I should have NO MBZ tags anywhere in any track. 

That's just completed so I shall scan the library, refresh the metadata and see what happens.

... I have reached a daily post limit so editing this one.

Re-scanned the library, didn't refresh metadata as I thought i would see what the effect had been.

All duplicate artists seem to have vanished. I haven't looked for the non-existent album that started all this, but the fact duplcate artists have gone has to be a very encouraging indicator...

Edited by ramseyn
  • Like 2

Thanks for the feedback ! Please let us know if you have any other outstanding issues. Thanks.

ramseyn

Hi Luke, Happy, cayars and all who have contributed. Thank you for helping me with this. All is nearly resolved. I have classical music that will always cause a problem - so many artists for a piece - conductor, orchestra, choir, multile soloists etc etc - that I don't think there will ever be a way to show everything.

My only remaining issue at the moment (and I may find more when I start looking at other things but I'm taking it one step at a time) is the display of thumbnails on the artist page. 

This is open in another thread and currently refreshing metadata on the whole library with "replace images" selected.

(Refreshing with just the artists that are missing pictures, selected did not work.)

ramseyn

Never got the artist image retrieval to work.

I have updated them all manually, searching for images on the 'net and adding them with the Edit Images button.

Long winded and painful but now complete.

On to composers and Album Artists next. This is taking an age but I'm at a point of no return now.

ramseyn

Composers is taking a long time. You don't realise how many different composers there are on an album until you start doing this.

Should composer image retrieval also work via Refresh Metadata->Replace existing images (for composers where no current image exists)?

If so, it's not working.

Composer images are just like artist images, so yes. Make sure they have a musicbrainz id filled in, then try again 

ramseyn

Ah, I removed all the MusicBrainz tags to get the library to display correctly without a load of false non-existent albums and artists. I don't want to have to do all that again so I'll leave it.

Provided that the values are correct, I would put the mbz id's back and then look at why you're getting false albums. The problem can very likely be found in the embedded information in your audio files.

ramseyn

I have completely cleaned all the imbedded tags as far as I can tell, and without MusicBrainz everything now catalogues correctly. Only images seem to be an issue now and that's not because the composers/artists  fields contain junk. They are valid values that I can manually find correct images for.

The library only catalogued correctly when I removed all the MBZ fields as suggested here. I did nothing else - just removed MBZ and rescanned in the end.