Jump to content

Question about top menu


Robnaeyaert
 Share

Recommended Posts

Robnaeyaert

Guys I know you're trying hard but I'm getting a little tired of the buggy stuff that seems to come out a lot...it's not feeling very polished and I'm kind concerned over the quality of what's going on.

I've just noticed a new "tile" called Favorites which I think is a response to my earlier post on how I lost my favorites because of tags/blah blah but it just doesn't work any more in Theatre.

take a look at my screen shots

My Movies "Favorites" list ALL my movies (every single one of the 4000+ library).  I only have around 40 favorites in my list.

TV "Favorites" lists nothing....nil....zilch....nada... and I'm supposed to have around 12  TV shows

Sorry to sound grumpy but I kind of am as I'm get tired of the bugs etc.

Could someone please have a look at this?

Everything works as expected on the browser version.

Cheers

 

 

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, what if you enter through movies and then switch over to the favorites tab? Seems to be working just fine from here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are on Windows, have you tried using the Emby Theater app through the Microsoft Store ? see if that is a better experience for you ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robnaeyaert
4 hours ago, Borsk said:

If you are on Windows, have you tried using the Emby Theater app through the Microsoft Store ? see if that is a better experience for you ?

That's confusing - why would there be TWO apps and one being a better experience?  Sorry I've been in the tech industry for 30 years and that makes no sense to me at all?

Can someone please enlighten me?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robnaeyaert said:

That's confusing - why would there be TWO apps and one being a better experience?  Sorry I've been in the tech industry for 30 years and that makes no sense to me at all?

Can someone please enlighten me?

I dunno man lol 

I just use the Microsoft Store app because its updated FAR more frequently then the other one and yeah so I don't get it either man ........ its just the way it is lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robnaeyaert
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what if you enter through movies and then switch over to the favorites tab? Seems to be working just fine from here.

That's the problem - with all the "TABS" up the top on Theater I lost my Favorites as I also have a Playlist (for my movies I want to watch later).

That's where this whole thing started...I cant get to "favorites" when I'm in Movies as the top menu does not offer it in Theatre due to "space limitations" so I'm told on this community hence why I think you guys are trying to fix this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Borsk said:

I dunno man lol 

I just use the Microsoft Store app because its updated FAR more frequently then the other one and yeah so I don't get it either man ........ its just the way it is lol 

Actually they both get updates at about the same rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Robnaeyaert said:

That's the problem - with all the "TABS" up the top on Theater I lost my Favorites as I also have a Playlist (for my movies I want to watch later).

That's where this whole thing started...I cant get to "favorites" when I'm in Movies as the top menu does not offer it in Theatre due to "space limitations" so I'm told on this community hence why I think you guys are trying to fix this?

But the tab should be back in all cases now, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robnaeyaert
2 hours ago, Luke said:

But the tab should be back in all cases now, right?

UM....NO....please see picture...no Favorites on the top line in Emby Theater in Movies...

However, it does look like the Favorites Tile is now working properly after a restart.  So that's a great result thank you

BTW - This whole thing (I think) was due to my having a Playlist that 'bumped' my favorites off.  The only reason I have a playlist is for movies I want to watch later as I have a large collection.

I'd LOVE a feature where you could "flag" a movie for "watch later" and there was a magic list you could go to.  That would mean I could ditch my playlist.

A little like YouTube.

Just a thought.

 

Cheers and sorry again for being a bit grumpy earlier.

 

 

NO FAV.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robnaeyaert
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Did you try arrowing through all of the tabs?

REDFACED here - sorry not I hadnt as I'm at work and I just remoted in quickly and didnt think to navigate around....

So sorry - yes that works and super result guys - you're magic.

Thanks for bringing my "favorites" back to me - I repeat watch a set of movies so this is a huge help

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...