restore purchase problem

colefamous
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

colefamous

hello, I'm new to the service and I loved it since its working on Android 8 TV very well unlike other services I tried, so I tried unlocking the app through my TV but payment won't process due to a problem I don't know what it is, so I went on my phone and downloaded "Emby For Android TV" on my phone so I can restore unlock, now when I go to my TV to unlock the app a pop-up shows and says "Unlock is not Purchased" 

help please. 608396560_Screenshot_20210624-024324_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.73fbe8e18011bf38a54e9b0165a6098d.jpg

20210624_024438.jpg

Hi, The unlock is per email address, per Store, per app.

So for example you can't unlock Android TV via Google then go to an Amazon Stick and restore it without payment as they are different apps on different stores.

I couldn't tell by your pics what UI that is on your TV but it could be the same thing mentioned above.  You won't be able to restore if it's not using Google's Play Store since that's what you unlocked on the Android device.

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

• Solution

Hi.  Yes, do confirm that you are logged into the same Google account on both devices.  Also, try re-starting the Android TV device and, perhaps, waiting 24 hours.  We've seen a few reports where this wouldn't work for someone one day and then magically did the next.  Almost as if Google hadn't updated across the devices yet (although I'm not sure that's what it was).

• Like 1

colefamous
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes, do confirm that you are logged into the same Google account on both devices.  Also, try re-starting the Android TV device and, perhaps, waiting 24 hours.  We've seen a few reports where this wouldn't work for someone one day and then magically did the next.  Almost as if Google hadn't updated across the devices yet (although I'm not sure that's what it was).

yes, waiting couple of hours made it work, thank you.

• Thanks 1