Option to exclude backdrops with text from being scraped

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

I would love to see an option to make it so that backdrops that have text on them are excluded from scraping where possible.  TMDb, for example, keeps them separated from ones with text and defaults to the "no text" view when browsing their site.  Since these images are usually used as backgrounds, the text of the title, or even the logo, is usually already somewhere on the page and having it included in the backdrop is redundant at best and obtrusive at worst.

I realize this might not be practical with other scrapers, and would probably only apply to backdrops, but I would think it would be a useful option for many of us.

Edited by bozrdnag
  • Like 1

Hi, are you confusing thumbs vs backdrops? We don't use thumbs as backgrounds.

bozrdnag

I was using the wrong wording.  I was thinking Emby called them thumbs and TMDb called them backdrops.  My bad.  I mean backdrops

I don't know if yhis maybe possible but i have noticed a lot that the thumbnails are missing/empty but when i go and look into the backdrops you see there are thumbnails mixed in... so is it possible to have emby pull the thumbnails out of the backdrops folder/storage or area so we won't have to manually add it to the correct location?