[Old] Feature Requests

CBers

CBers

Hi Chess.

Thought I'd create a separate Feature Requests thread.

Can we have monochrome icons rather than the current multi-coloured ones please.

Also, could you put indicators (watched and 3D) on the movie poster in the 8x2 display please.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

Hi Chess.

Thought I'd create a separate Feature Request thread.

Can we have monochrome icons rather than the current multi-coloured ones please.

Or at least make it an option as I like the coloured ones.

• Like 1

CBers

LOL :)

i got used to the monochrome icons in MBC and Red's Android app.

As do I. When chess discussed adding these with me I was originally going to alter them all to green to match the app's theme but the different colours seemed to look better.

chessdragon136

Watched and 3D status on the posters isn't possible - they are just too small and it does ruin the look. 

Perhaps i can make it optional but it isn't easy to do...

Icon colours - again i prefer the colours. If you want to download the images, resize them to 60x45 pixels then i could add them in - The link is somewhere in the fan art section

crashkelly

I think and auto-login option would be great.

Getting the password in was super painful and I know once you get it in it stays there until you manually logout so it would be great to skip the select user screen if possible

Cheers

CrashKelly

gogreenpower

Is there an option for changing audio tracks implemented? If not I think that deserves a feature request.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

I think and auto-login option would be great.

Getting the password in was super painful and I know once you get it in it stays there until you manually logout so it would be great to skip the select user screen if possible

Cheers

CrashKelly

Its already in the settings - select your user as default and it will skip the users page :)

There is an option in the API to put watched indicators on the posters for you.

I'll try it but if the watched indicator scales in size it will appear as a tiny blob and if not chances are it will take up 1/4 of the poster :( That's the issue I'm having. They are only 90px x 140px in size. 

Is there an option for changing audio tracks implemented? If not I think that deserves a feature request.

Not implemented and it will be :) I already have subtitle support in so audio switching should be quite similar 

• Like 2

TheKamakaZi

First off, thank you for all your hard work, chessdragon136!

I may be mad, but I'm fairly sure I bought a Smart TV purely because I wanted to use this app. And it works damn well!

One small feature I miss from moving over from WMC is the shuffle play.

Any possibility of having it implemented here?

Again, brilliant work!

chessdragon136

Shuffle Play Video?? Sounds odd to me, I have too much of it to shuffle...At what level (tv series, season, films :S)

Implementing the workings of it would be easy but how to present it to the user in the interface would be very hard - got any ideas?

TheKamakaZi

In MBC, bringing up the context menu for anything that has multiple items under it presents you with options to Play All, Shuffle Play, Mark as Unwatched, and a few more that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Another feature that may be requested is Play All from Here. Basically, when you're in episode view, selecting this option would queue all episodes from the current one to the end of the season. Useful for binge-watching :)

EDIT: missed the part on how to present it *facepalm* Maybe a second part to the Tools menu, dynamically added dependent on the current view?

Edited by TheKamakaZi

CBers

Shuffle play at series level might be nice.

Used to use in MBC as well - was good to have all episodes of Friends or TBBT shuffle playing in the background whilst working :D

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Great also when the kids want to sit in front of the box and watch endless episodes of 10 minute cartoons   :)

• Like 1

gogreenpower

Has there been any thought put into a screensaver?

Either the standard samsung one or a picture slideshow. (Secretly dreaming of the WMC picture screensaver) With a time to come on that isn't 2 hours as per my H series.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is asking too much, or if it's even possible for a Samsung app, but theme music would be great if possible :)

@@chessdragon136, great work with the app. It's coming along great! And seems very stable so far!

• 5 weeks later...
maximumentropy

Please add some way to log out of an account and lose the credentials.  I have to keep the app locked in Smart Hub to keep my kids away from inappropriate material, because once they start the app they can access my account no matter what I do.  "Tools>Logout" just brings it back to the login screen but doesn't require a password to be entered to log in.

CBers

Doesn't pressing RED log you out?

Might be BLUE - not in front of the TV at the moment.

You do have a password on your account?

Edited by CBers

Please add some way to log out of an account and lose the credentials. I have to keep the app locked in Smart Hub to keep my kids away from inappropriate material, because once they start the app they can access my account no matter what I do. "Tools>Logout" just brings it back to the login screen but doesn't require a password to be entered to log in.

You can use blue button to log out, but the client saves the credentials, so if your account is set as default user, it will always start in your account, instead, create a new account for your kids, if you don't have one already, set kids' account as default user, so app starts in their account, unless they know the blue button trick.

DaN

crashkelly

......... unless they know the blue button trick.

DaN

Well they do now :lol:

Cheers

CrashKelly

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent app, running on my H6400 like a charm. Feature request: please add a way to log in as a user marked as hidden from login screens. I've got kiddies who will try and get into any profile they see :rolleyes:, having a hidden admin one is useful but at the mo I can't get at it from the app without unhiding it first.  :)