Music Files

Petedjor

Happy2Play

On Android - Filename

Firestick - File name has disappeared! Name ascending and name descending are amongst some really strange options. I've just checked and it's picking up the Tag Title and using that - disregarding anything else. I'm sure filename used to be used.

@ebris there a Sort order issue at that level on Version: 2.0.21a?

Petedjor
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I can remove it, but do you see the delete button in the uploaded image section?  It will be at the bottom right of the image.

Please delete for me. I don't seem to be able to delete it. I can remove the image but not the upload part 

Happy2Play
Just now, Petedjor said:

Please delete for me. I don't seem to be able to delete it. I can remove the image but not the upload part 

Will do.

@Abobaderare users able to delete/remove their uploaded images?

14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@ebris there a Sort order issue at that level on Version: 2.0.21a?

There has never been a "filename" sort order in the Fire app.  The fact that works for him here is somewhat coincidental - because of how he named his files.

The server is what changed as before, even in folder view, items were still discovered as actual music albums.  Now they are not.  They are just collections of files and folders.

We will have to expand the sort options in the Fire app.

Thanks.

Petedjor
36 minutes ago, ebr said:

There has never been a "filename" sort order in the Fire app.  The fact that works for him here is somewhat coincidental - because of how he named his files.

The server is what changed as before, even in folder view, items were still discovered as actual music albums.  Now they are not.  They are just collections of files and folders.

We will have to expand the sort options in the Fire app.

Thanks.

Will this be a quick fix or a wait for a future release type of solution?

23 hours ago, Petedjor said:

Will this be a quick fix or a wait for a future release type of solution?

Hi.  The only way we can put out an update is with a new release of the app.  It should be in beta fairly soon.

Thanks.

Petedjor
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The only way we can put out an update is with a new release of the app.  It should be in beta fairly soon.

Thanks.

Any idea how long. If it's just a few weeks I'll wait. Any longer I'll look at an alternative solution. Thanks 

Petedjor
8 hours ago, Petedjor said:

Any idea how long. If it's just a few weeks I'll wait. Any longer I'll look at an alternative solution. Thanks 

No rush. Moved my music library onto Plex

Petedjor
On 21/06/2021 at 14:15, ebr said:

Thanks.

Could you update this post when the fix is in place? TIA.

16 hours ago, Petedjor said:

Could you update this post when the fix is in place? TIA.

Hi.  This is in the current beta of the app.

Petedjor
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is in the current beta of the app.

Is it possible to use the Beta or do I need to wait for a live uodate?

12 minutes ago, Petedjor said:

Is it possible to use the Beta or do I need to wait for a live uodate?

5 hours ago, Petedjor said:

Thanks. Will this post automatically close when this becomes "live"?

What do you mean?  We nearly always have a beta in the works so that thread doesn't close.

Petedjor
9 hours ago, cayars said:

What do you mean?  We nearly always have a beta in the works so that thread doesn't close.

It was my way of asking "how will I know when the fix is live?"

3 hours ago, Petedjor said:

It was my way of asking "how will I know when the fix is live?"

Hi.  When your device updates with a new version and you can see the new sort option in the menu.

• Like 1

Petedjor
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  When your device updates with a new version and you can see the new sort option in the menu.

This happens now as I am using the beta version. How will I know when I am ok using the Amazon library "live" version? I don't want to have to keep installing the Amazon version just to see whether it's been updated.

Edited by Petedjor
Typo

Just now, Petedjor said:

This happens now as I am using the beta version. How will I know when I am ok using the Amazon library "live" version?

Watch for our announcements of a new version of the app.  We usually make one but I'll also try to remember to update this thread.

Thanks.

Petedjor
Just now, ebr said:

Watch for our announcements of a new version of the app.  We usually make one but I'll also try to remember to update this thread.

Thanks.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Petedjor

I have noticed a related issue with Emby for firestick. Again a music category with folder view. When in an album (folder) music listing, I used to be able to click on a track and get the option to "play from here". This useful option has gone. All I get now is Play, Add to queue, Add to playlist and Instant Mix. Could this option be reinstated?

15 hours ago, Petedjor said:

I have noticed a related issue with Emby for firestick. Again a music category with folder view. When in an album (folder) music listing, I used to be able to click on a track and get the option to "play from here". This useful option has gone. All I get now is Play, Add to queue, Add to playlist and Instant Mix. Could this option be reinstated?

Hi.  We'll have to take a look at this while folder browsing music.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Petedjor
On 02/08/2021 at 14:12, ebr said:

Hi.  We'll have to take a look at this while folder browsing music.  Thanks.

Any update on this? Just like to get an idea of timescales. There seem to be a few idiosyncrasies that I'm coming across with Emby on firestick. Should is be the same functionally as Emby on Android?

1 minute ago, Petedjor said:

Any update on this? Just like to get an idea of timescales. There seem to be a few idiosyncrasies that I'm coming across with Emby on firestick. Should is be the same functionally as Emby on Android?

Hi.  Not specifically when viewing a folder of audio files vs. an actual album yet.