Original GameBrowser III questions

Redshirt

Redshirt

Important Info for all GameBrowser Users

Now that this months server update has been released. Users should be running the server gamebrowser plugin version 2.9.5027.36380 or newer.

Gamebrowser-classic version 3.0.0.28 or newer.

Any version lower than these will likely not work together.

Moving forward. Users must delete both their GB-Classic and GB-Server configuration files. It will require users to reconfigure your GB setups from scratch. This is something we strive not to ever have to do, but in this case it is necessary and an unfortunate pain associated with Beta software.

The configuration files can be found at

GB-Classic: C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Configurations\GameBrowser.xml
GB-Server %AppData%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations\GameBrowser.xml

This is in addition to the requirements set forth by server changes... Copied from the old forum

Note to GameBrowser users:

Don’t blame Redshirt for this, it’s because of me. I have grand plans for games but we had to make some changes.

With the next server build, you’re going to have to delete your library db as well as all game.xml files. (Sorry). There’s two ways to do this:

• Do it after the update restarts

• Or, get the update, but instead of restarting, shut down the server instead. Then perform the steps.

Either option is fine, but the second one will get you back and up running the fastest.

Edited by Redshirt

Redshirt

With ratings built in to core. I'm not sure what would be required to support PEGI. The gamesdb stores everything as ESRB so any changes made in server would only work for local xml likely.

tboneynot

Hi all, Gamebrowser 3 has functioned well for me for months, but now no longer works.  I can see the systems and game folders, but when I select a game folder there is an empty screen with no option to start the game.  No text.  Nothing.

MB updated when I started it up this evening, and I saw a notification to GB3 users, but now I'm unable to resurrect that notification.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CWNashvegas

Hi all, Gamebrowser 3 has functioned well for me for months, but now no longer works.  I can see the systems and game folders, but when I select a game folder there is an empty screen with no option to start the game.  No text.  Nothing.

MB updated when I started it up this evening, and I saw a notification to GB3 users, but now I'm unable to resurrect that notification.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That note would have been regarding this, posted on the old forum: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/r/13777/66456/gamebrowser-iii-beta#66456

Redshirt

Thanks Christa (Hope I spelled that right :)). 

I've updated the post below the original with the relevant info.

CWNashvegas

You're welcome. I was actually trying to help him in chat but it didn't sink in what he was looking for until now. I'm a bit slow today. :D And yes, you spelled that right. :)

tboneynot

Ok, deleted both config files.  Still having issues.

GB Plugin v. 2.9.5030.33786

GB Classic v. 3.0.0.28

When I go into a game folder, depending upon the platform I get different outcomes:

For the Atari, NES, SNES, N64, and Sega, :  Blank screen, no option to play game

For the Gamecube, Wii, and PS2:  MB tries to open the game using my video player (MPC-HC x64)

I'm totally stumped at this point, so any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Redshirt

Can you please post links to your current gb and gb server config files. I'd like to compare them. Did you also delete your library.db?

tboneynot

Here they are!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9945586/GameBrowser.xml

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9945586/GameBrowser%20-%20Copy.xml

And no, I saw no instruction to delete a library.db file.  Where is it located?

I'm a little unclear as to the stepwise process.  Are we to uninstall everything related to gamebrowser (i.e. the Games media collection in the media library, the GB plugin on the server, the GB plugin on the Classic Configurator), then deleted the two aforementioned config files and the library.db...then reinstall everything from scratch?  Or is there some other procedure?

My apologies for the confusion.  I feel like I've missed some key instruction somewhere, and thanks for the quick response by the way!

check your server notification inbox. we sent one out earlier in the week, in addition to the forum announcements last week.

tboneynot

My server notification inbox only shows 5 items.  Is there a means to view older, previously read notifications that I'm missing?

Redshirt

Looking at those configs. Do you have the emulators and the games in the same directory?

unfortunately no, on the to do list. however, if you mark the newest five read, then you'll see the next five. if you've already marked it red, then Redshirt will just have to help you.

CWNashvegas

The library db is in users\username\appadata\roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data

Is it bad that I can type these paths from memory now? :)

Redshirt

If you look at the games in the web UI, do they show up as games?

tboneynot

Looking at those configs. Do you have the emulators and the games in the same directory?

No, separate directories, should they be in the same directory?

It's confusing because this exact setup has worked for months, and only with the update are things no longer functioning.

tboneynot

When I go through the WebUI, there is a "Games" media collection.  I can navigate to each platform, and within each platform is a folder for each game.  When I go into a game's individual folder, no file is shown.  There's just nothing there.

However, if I go into the "PS2" folder, the files do show up, but MB tries to play them as videos rather than games.

I've uninstalled the Gamebrowser plugin from the server and classic.  I've deleted both associated gamebrowser.xml files, the library.db file, and all of the game.xml files... then reinstalled everything from scratch and still end up with the same problem.

Suggestions?

Edited by tboneynot

Matt7402

•  can get my PC and N64 games to run and that’s it. All other systems show up visible but I get “an unknown error prevented this game from launching”.  I can see all the metadata but when i hit play i get the error and my gameboy color games do not show up. i can see the folder picture but thats it. Suggestions? 

Redshirt

Did you follow all the directions in the first post of this topic?