Original GameBrowser III questions

Redshirt

Matt7402

Well I deleted my game.xml files for the 2nd time and now they seem to be working. I curious as to why in the hell does the .xml matter in the first place?

Having a bit of a problem after last update, I deleted both config files, deleted the library.db and removed all game.xml files but they will not repopulate for PSX, Sega mega drive or game boy colour. In the web client I can see them as game systems but with no games in them and in MBC these formats do not show up, all the other formats work fine but whatever I do I can not get these to work anymore. I am using server version 3.0.5031.21343 and gamebrowser version 2.9.5030.33786

server log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy4vdviwmycvc1w/server-63517442474.log

gamebrowser server config

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1u2xi1v478d5g9v/GameBrowser%20server.xml

gamebrowser mbc config

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2u0hb9c8w553mh/GameBrowser%20classic.xml

Edit: Ive just notice the new game.xmls for sega master system are listed as GenesisGame in the XML is this correct

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwwgqdm4hposaas/game.xml

Edited by Spanner

Redshirt

Spanner, the two config xml's look fine. The 'type' value in the game.xml is correct. It's just so CoverArt uses the Sega treatment. You've re-ran the scan media library task?

Well I deleted my game.xml files for the 2nd time and now they seem to be working. I curious as to why in the hell does the .xml matter in the first place?

because when people have xml files in the directory they expect them to be utilized instead of internet data. otherwise they say why the hell aren't you using my xml files in the first place? so after we changed a couple conventions the xml files had some old data that we needed to avoid, which is why they needed to be deleted. it won't happen again.

yeah ran it at least a dozen times, all the others work fine its just ps1, gameboy colour and sega megadrive. i have also installed the server and plugins on another machine with a copy of the roms and this doesnt create the game.xml files either.

Edited by Spanner

Redshirt

can you provide a server log with the task running. the first server log didn't seem to have anything

I am new to mediabrowser, am considering switching from xbmc once mbt is available.

What I am very curious about though is i have all my metadata and such for games downloaded already from emu movies, one thing thats great is the video game clips. Can any skin along with game browser support the video clips for games? Its such a nice little feature i spent time working on and am very curious.

I am new to mediabrowser, am considering switching from xbmc once mbt is available.

What I am very curious about though is i have all my metadata and such for games downloaded already from emu movies, one thing thats great is the video game clips. Can any skin along with game browser support the video clips for games? Its such a nice little feature i spent time working on and am very curious.

what is your folder structure for those?

Redshirt

Spanner. If you edit the two config files(gb server and gb classic) and replace "Nintendo Game Boy Color" with "Game Boy Color", that should allow those games to be discovered. I'll release a build soon that corrects the value being written to the server xml. I'm still at a complete loss as to why sega mega drive and psx games refuse to resolve.

I will have to double check

what is your folder structure for those?

Just games---->n64 (for example)------->Roms------->Videoclips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRTg3HmIuqU

1:05 in shows an example of how it works, it honestly sounds alot like what you can do with tv shows, only I  would also like to use these clips for games.

My clips are also stored on the htpc itself. Dont know if that matters though.

Edited by Ghostm

Matt7402

Redshirt all my systems are still broken. I deleted both config files, deleted all xml files and all my systems but gameboy color show up. I still get the unknown error  message. I have noticed that coverart normally would say "nintendo" etc on the cover image and it only says "game". Even after I deleted the xml files I think the xml files have the wrong "game system" and "type" because when I played around with a few in my nintendo section one game that did come up had <GameSystem>Nintendo</GameSystem> & <Type>NesGame</Type> but the ones that didn't work had <GameSystem>NintendoEntertainmentSystem</GameSystem> & <Type>Nintendo NES</Type>. I'll try deleting them all again for the 4th time but it seems when the system repopulates the xml files it messes those two sections up.

Redshirt all my systems are still broken. I deleted both config files, deleted all xml files and all my systems but gameboy color show up. I still get the unknown error  message. I have noticed that coverart normally would say "nintendo" etc on the cover image and it only says "game". Even after I deleted the xml files I think the xml files have the wrong "game system" and "type" because when I played around with a few in my nintendo section one game that did come up had NintendoNesGame but the ones that didn't work had NintendoEntertainmentSystemNintendo NES. I'll try deleting them all again for the 4th time but it seems when the system repopulates the xml files it messes those two sections up.

delete them all again and also delete your library.db file. sorry, this was a one-time inconvenience and it won't happen again. the blame is on me in the core so don't think any differently of Redshirt's plugin.

Matt7402

Redshirt all my systems are still broken. I deleted both config files, deleted all xml files and all my systems but gameboy color show up. I still get the unknown error  message. I have noticed that coverart normally would say "nintendo" etc on the cover image and it only says "game". Even after I deleted the xml files I think the xml files have the wrong "game system" and "type" because when I played around with a few in my nintendo section one game that did come up had <GameSystem>Nintendo</GameSystem> & <Type>NesGame</Type> but the ones that didn't work had <GameSystem>NintendoEntertainmentSystem</GameSystem> & <Type>Nintendo NES</Type>. I'll try deleting them all again for the 4th time but it seems when the system repopulates the xml files it messes those two sections up.

Another side note I just tried the old Gamebrowser:meta program on a few games and used it to pull the meta data again it fixed those few sample games. I think the system pulling the metadata automatically is causing some if not most of everyone's issues. Just a thought.

Redshirt

NOBODY USE GAMEBROWSER-META.... It's saving gamesystem values that wont be compatible with current versions of GB.

@Matt. The Game Boy Color issue is actually a typo as I discussed in post #35 above. So your saying that it's the server that's writing the xml files with the incorrect values (GameSystem: Nintendo, Type: Nintendo NES). Is the files last modified date newer than when you deleted all the xml files.

I'll take a turn and help out here. Matt7402 - if you setup a teamviewer session i'll log into it and help get you squared away.

Redshirt

I've pushed a new server build that corrects the Game Boy Color typo. I'd start with that.

Matt7402

NOBODY USE GAMEBROWSER-META.... It's saving gamesystem values that wont be compatible with current versions of GB.

@Matt. The Game Boy Color issue is actually a typo as I discussed in post #35 above. So your saying that it's the server that's writing the xml files with the incorrect values (GameSystem: Nintendo, Type: Nintendo NES). Is the files last modified date newer than when you deleted all the xml files.

Yes the files are created after I deleted them.

What are the correct "Type" values for each system?

just use mb3 to create your game.xml's and then you won't need to worry about what the values are.

Matt7402

The latest update resolved all the games except gameboy color. I've deleted all xml for both games and system with no luck on the GBC.

Matt7402

just use mb3 to create your game.xml's and then you won't need to worry about what the values are.

Luke I've tried that method before. I deleted the old xml files and then let mb3 generate new ones and it still doesn't create the proper file types for NDS, SNES, NES, N64, NGC, GBC, GBA, WII, PS2, PS1, and Genesis.  Now I've figured out the types for the following ones but the remainder are not properly generating.

NES:  Nesgame

N64:  N64game

GB:   GameBoyGame

you need to delete them, the gamesystem.xml files and the library db at the same time. if they weren't all at the same time it's not going to work.

Redshirt

You've upgraded to gamebrowser server version 2.9.5038.32002? Can you verify that the gamebrowser.xml in the servers plugins\configurations folder has "Game Boy Color" for the ConsoleType.