Xbox Series X Playback Framerate Issues

oxhey

I just got my Xbox Series X and have decided that I would like it to be the sole destination for all the media apps (Prime, Netflix, YouTube etc...) instead of having these apps installed on my LG TV.

I'm running into an issue with emby where playback is unexpectedly choppy and there is noticeable stutter even though files are direct playing.

I have attached a screenshot of the media information for a TV episode where this choppiness is noticeable right from the start.

It's worth mentioning that playback is fine on the Plex app on the Xbox as well as on the LG emby app.

The Xbox has options to enable other video modes. See the second screenshot as an example.

I have all but the last of each row enabled on my system. Disabling these makes no difference.

My suspicion is that emby isn't correctly telling the Xbox which framerate it wants.

Screenshot 2021-06-17 212259.jpg

Xbox_SeriesX_32_large.jpg

Edited by oxhey

@Luke Fresh log attached.

It's just the first few seconds from the Loki episode mentioned above, so hopefully its enough, however nothing jumps out at me in the log.

Should note that this file works fine on the Windows App and on the LG app and like I said above I think it could be something to do with the Xbox series X video modes.

Hope this can be resolved.

embyserver.txt

Edited by oxhey

• 3 weeks later...
MBSki

@Luke Have you added audio passthrough and adjusted the audio transcoding settings? If you haven't, we still won't be able to play 4k videos.

The frame rate issue is also happening with 1080p video. Like I said said above, may have something to do with emby telling the Xbox which frame rate it should be using.

Edited by oxhey

• 2 weeks later...