Question about my hard drive

Dont1982

Dont1982

For some reason my Emby fails to clear the cache. The following is the error i get. I will pm logs to mod's but not publicly.  Thank you

Error:

Structure needs cleaning
at System.IO.FileStatus.EnsureStatInitialized(ReadOnlySpan`1 path, Boolean continueOnError)
at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Init(FileStatus& fileStatus)
at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.Create(String fullPath, String fileName, FileStatus& fileStatus)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.&lt;&gt;c.<fileinfos>b__6_0(FileSystemEntry&amp; entry)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToList()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteCacheFilesFromDirectory(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String directory, DateTimeOffset minDateModified, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</fileinfos>

Dont1982

Not yet. I have a thread started on the open media vault forum I will let you know when I get it resolved. Thank you for the follow up. 

Dont1982

How do i get emby to start cleaning the cache to see if i fixed it? and not i am getting no compatible streams again on my m3u I am attaching a log. My iptv service is paid til november.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Dont1982

Dont1982

ok i think i  got it fixed. I ran fsck on the disk in question, found errors. now it it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. Thank you all for the help. 

• 3 weeks later...
Dont1982

Now i am getting this error. Server has been good until this, It throws this when it tries to look for plugin updates. I am using open media vault as the OS. I have made all drives everyone read/write.  

Access to the path is denied.
at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
at Interop.CheckIo(Int64 result, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
at System.IO.FileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.PerformPackageInstallation(IProgress`1 progress, String target, PackageVersionInfo package, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.InstallPackageInternal(PackageVersionInfo package, Boolean isPlugin, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.InstallPackage(PackageVersionInfo package, Boolean isPlugin, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

2 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

Now i am getting this error. Server has been good until this, It throws this when it tries to look for plugin updates. I am using open media vault as the OS. I have made all drives everyone read/write.  

Access to the path is denied.
at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
at Interop.CheckIo(Int64 result, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
at System.IO.FileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.PerformPackageInstallation(IProgress`1 progress, String target, PackageVersionInfo package, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.InstallPackageInternal(PackageVersionInfo package, Boolean isPlugin, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.InstallPackage(PackageVersionInfo package, Boolean isPlugin, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Please attach the complete emby server log. Thanks.

Dont1982

Is /config mounted to a path that is on the same machine as the server?

this has just happened out of the blue. It has been happening for a couple days now.

Dont1982
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you tried restarting the machine?

Yes I have. Multiple times. Dlna  also fails to install update. 

Q-Droid

Have you made sure that everything under /config is owned by the same user running the container, the same UID/GID?

Q-Droid

Right. But have you checked to make sure the files and directories under the path mapped to "/config" are owned by the user (UID/GID) that you specified to run the Emby server in the container.

What are the user and group for the UID/GID you're using for the Emby container?

One assumption is that "/config" is a native Linux filesystem and not something like NTFS. Let us know if this isn't the case.

If at any time the Emby server container ran using a different user (UID/GID) there could be a mix of ownership and permissions for files and dirs under "/config". Same if manual changes were made and/or files copied.

The quickest and easiest fix might be to stop the container,  chown -R UID:GID <OS path for /config>, start the container.

Dont1982

I have been working and have not had a chance to try anything. As soon as I get a chance to I will let you all know

Dont1982

How do I see the /config file.  I know on openmediavault, I have to reset the permissions all the time on the openmediavault interface.  Because sometimes my shows do not record, and I think it is due to the permissions being set to something else the openmediavault deems necessary, and not allowing it access.  Emby is installed through Portainer on this machine, this is the only thing I use this machine for.  Thank you for any and all help.

Q-Droid

It would be the OMV side path mapped to /config in Portainer. You should be able to access it directly in OMV and recursively change user and group ownership to match the container UID/GID. 

Dont1982
On 7/19/2021 at 10:48 PM, Q-Droid said:

It would be the OMV side path mapped to /config in Portainer. You should be able to access it directly in OMV and recursively change user and group ownership to match the container UID/GID. 

i am dumb when it comes to this any way more info on where and how to get this file and settings taken care of