Why are images in continue watching and next up (legacy) different sizes?

MBSki

Didn't you say this wasn't an issue in the 4.7 beta?  If so, then I would assume he has already fixed it.

MBSki
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Didn't you say this wasn't an issue in the 4.7 beta?  If so, then I would assume he has already fixed it.

Ok, good point. Hopefully 4.7 doesn't take another 6 months. 🙂 

visproduction

removed

Edited by visproduction
dupe

visproduction

This is a side effect of the Flex CSS usage.  Notice that the thumbnail sizes align to Flex sized columns.  Whatever is decided in setting up Flex CSS for the page, the browser adjusts automatically based on the edges of the columns.  I believe some browsers handle this differently.  Flex design was created to allow different hardware with different browser widths to work and always show acceptable images and any text column widths.  The rules are the image and text width fit into the columns.  When the columns can't fit on a narrow width, the div areas bump to another solution, usually drop down below, but can also make a scrolling carousel.

If you Custom CSS max-width:240px; or whatever, it will look better if you choose the existing width that already works.  But if you do that, it may create some odd broken looking rows when a browser width is in between a multiple of the flex column width and flex CSS rules kick in.  It might work well.  Find the exact CSS selector for the thumbs that are too large and put that in custom css with a max-width and see if that works.

Anyway, I've always avoiding designing in Flex and just use smooth resizing so I never get jumpy columns.  But my way usually takes a lot more js math and is hardly very scalable or supportable by anyone else.

Hope that helps.