Windows Emby Theatre Unbeleivably Slow

TonyRostron

TonyRostron

Hi I have attached the log from my Emby Server.

I am running Emby Client on Windows 10 and my Emby server is on a Synology NAS. I have paid for the Premium License with Emby.

It takes so long to load all of the graphic on the page in the client. Am I doing something wrong at all?

Happy if anyone wants to remote to my machine I have TeamViewer and Chrome Remote Desktop installed.

Many thanks

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63757451148.txt

Hi there, I would suggest updating to the latest version of emby server.

TonyRostron

If I'm honest I'm not sure how I do it in the Synology NAS since it isn't part of the Synology store to do it for me and I need to do it manually.

Would someone be able to do it for me?

What you can do is download the Emby Server install file from https://emby.media/download.html
There is both DSM 6 & DSM 7 beta versions.  You need to select the version for your particular NAS.

(pics from DSM 7 beta but similar for DSM 6.)
Go to Package Center and select Manual Install
image.thumb.png.e0c07b9094319835529a13fdf9d737ea.png

Use the BROWSE button to select the package you downloaded in the first step.
Then click NEXT.
image.png.74309d70d3802a4154f4d98f877f7317.png

You may get a couple of popup prompts with information about the vendor (Emby) so just click through them and this will do the install/upgrade for you.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions.

TonyRostron

Also, I'm updating to DSM 6.2.4 so I'm assuming I need the DSM 6 version? The word Beta worries me though?

TonyRostron

Many thanks for all of this help. I just wanted to say your instructions were great and I was able to do the update to the beta 6 version and it has fully resolved the issue. It was quite straightforward from your screenshot. Thank you again.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback. Just FYI, you don't need the Emby beta server. The 4.6 stable server should be fine as well.

TonyRostron

Oh I didn't know. Ok, well it seems pretty stable. Now I know how to update it then perhaps I'll update it to the non beta if I get issues. 

Thank you. Emby is amazing btw.

As soon as 4.6.1 is released on Synology you could update to that without any issues and that will put you back on the Release version.

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, TonyRostron said:

I have just installed the Update for Emby on my Synology and I have lost all of my configuration?

Lost.png

HI, what version did you update from, do you know? Did you also just update from DSM 6 to DSM 7?

TonyRostron

So I tried to do the Emby update first, and I got a message saying that the version of Emby I was trying to install I needed DSM7. So I updated the NAS to DSM7 which took about 15 mins, and then I did the Emby install.

I lost all of my Users, Home page Settings etc but fortunately all of my Images were still there for my Content as I had these saved into the folders. Not your issue, but the DSM7 install made my Emby Share folder no longer shared so had to re-enable that folder as a shared folder before Emby could see the content.

I need to do an update on another Synology NAS in my other property and again i'm going to need to install DSM7 and update Emby. What's the best way to stop me losing all of my Users and setup please?

TonyRostron

Sorry, I couldn't tell you which version I was updating from I'm afraid but I do know that I have had Emby installed on my NAS since around June last year when I bought it so whatever version was the stable version I installed at the time if that helps?

FrostByte

26 minutes ago, TonyRostron said:

I need to do an update on another Synology NAS in my other property and again i'm going to need to install DSM7 and update Emby. What's the best way to stop me losing all of my Users and setup please?

Follow the instruction in the first post of the link below.  You can probably still do the Putty section on your first one and recover some of your configuration information.  All it does is copy files form the old location to the new and then set permissions.

Edited by FrostByte

TonyRostron

I do appreciate you sharing this and trying to help me. But honestly this is far too technical for me to really understand let alone actually do.

I think I'll just leave my NAS and Emby not upgraded 😞

@TonyRostron You don't really want to get behind on software versions as that just leads to issues down the road.
As @FrostByte mentioned we can assist you remotely with the migration to both DSM 7 and the latest version of Emby Server.

Hover over my avatar and choose the message link to send me a message and we can set this up for a time that is convenient for you.

Carlo

• Like 1

TonyRostron

Thank you for this Cayars, you have helped me a few times before which I really appreciate.

I will be in the property in July so if you don't mind I'll call on your services then if that's ok and we can perhaps arrange it a few days before I get there to suit you?

I think you said that Emby is now in the Synology Package Centre (or did I confuse that one?) so hopefully after you help me this once, then it will auto-update going forwards as with other software installed on the NAS?

Thank you again all