XML plug-in - Log the actual file at fault!

unisoft

unisoft

So, in my upgrade to 4.6.0.50, I got a few complaints in the log file that GENERE tag was incorrect in the XML files.

I would have fixed it easily, BUT the log file did not log the actual offending file :(

Now I know I will get a lecture about going to NFO (that's a long term thing) - but one of my concerns of NFO is that its the most basic of meta data in it. My XML files have richer content in them which is useful as a file record for the programme.

Please can you simply log any offending files to the log file so they can be dealt with? It's hard when you have 1000's of files that you have digitised.

Thanks.

example log with no data recorded about offending file:

2021-05-22 11:57:58.697 Error App: Error in Emby Xml
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.0.50
    Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
    Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP Thu Mar 18 12:57:43 CST 2021
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /volume1/Emby
    Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
    System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Genres' start tag on line 10 position 3 does not match the end tag of 'Genre'. Line 12, position 4.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatchAsync(NodeData startTag)
       at System.Xml.AsyncHelper.ReturnTrueTaskWhenFinishCoreAsync(Task task)
       at System.Xml.XmlSubtreeReader.ReadAsync()
       at XmlMetadata.Parsers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.FetchFromGenresNode(XmlReader reader, T item)
       at XmlMetadata.Parsers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.FetchDataFromXmlNode(XmlReader reader, MetadataResult`1 itemResult)
       at XmlMetadata.Parsers.SeriesXmlParser.FetchDataFromXmlNode(XmlReader reader, MetadataResult`1 item)
       at XmlMetadata.Parsers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(MetadataResult`1 item, String metadataFile, XmlReaderSettings settings, Encoding encoding, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at XmlMetadata.Providers.BaseXmlProvider`1.GetMetadata(ItemInfo info, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshWithProviders(MetadataResult`1 metadata, TIdType id, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, List`1 providers, ItemImageProvider imageService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.Xml
    TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

Hi, yes of course we should do this. Just be advised that any work for this plugin outside of compatibility updates is always at the bottom of the to do list, so I would suggest uninstalling it and switching to nfo.

• Like 1