4.6 episode display issue

GrimReaper
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

GrimReaper
Just now, Jcheinaman said:

ouch. I lucked out. With the database changes, I wouldn't even know where to begin to try and revert to the previous stable version, or even if it would have been possible. I have a huge library and fixing things manually would have been very time consuming. Glad you're getting everything straightened out!

I had complete 4.5.4.0 backed up (which I had already started pulling back), so reverting wouldn't be an issue. But had my sights set on some new features in 4.6. 😉 

If you could try 4.6.0.51+ on the beta channel that would be helpful. Thanks.

Jcheinaman
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you could try 4.6.0.51+ on the beta channel that would be helpful. Thanks.

I just tried to upgrade to 4.6.0.51 beta and experience the same issue as I did on 4.6.0.50. Again reverting back to 4.6.0.48 resolved the issues. All of the movie images eventually disappear and I get an error that state no streams are currently available when trying to play any file in my library.

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Playback Error

1 minute ago, Jcheinaman said:

I just tried to upgrade to 4.6.0.51 beta and experience the same issue as I did on 4.6.0.50. Again reverting back to 4.6.0.48 resolved the issues. All of the movie images eventually disappear and I get an error that state no streams are currently available when trying to play any file in my library.

Playback Error

Playback Error

Playback Error

Hi, server log?

Jcheinaman
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, server log?

Hello Luke,

My apologies. I just updated to .51 again to recreate the issue and pull the server log... now its working lol. Thank you!

Edited by Jcheinaman

gungatim

having same issue after update. not all episodes showing in season, sometimes they show in next up or continue watching but season folder is blank.

no issues before upgrade, these have always worked fine.

pwhodges

If you are using non-approved folder and file naming and are currently on 4.6.0.50, then updating to 4.6.0.51 may be enough to fix things.

Otherwise it will be useful to show us an example of your folder and file naming for something that has gone wrong.

Paul

• Thanks 1

MSacre

I have the same problem and I haven't found out why some TV Series have problems and others not.

I upgraded faithfully for version to version.

The directory structure is standard and the episodes are added with auto organize or have been there for years and I don't use NFO

The fastest way I have found to solve this is to move the season folders or individual files out of Emby, wait until  the database updates and then put them back in.

I was careful to only do this serie per serie when I found the problem and only a few seasons at the time.

Another trick I found was to edit the metadata using the left most "next up" in the main series windows and save without making changes.

This will cycle the problem episodes until all appear again in the season list. Obviously this will not work if all episodes have been watched and it will  require a lot of patience to do it this way for hunderds of episodes.

I have only checked if the played/unplayed is preserved and that is the case so the problems are corrected for me but it took me hours and I'm not certain that everthing is resolved.

Pesonalised season images are lost for certain and probably any correction made in the metadata when using the move method.

Also when I clicked on 'Play Nexy Up" it started with a much earlier episode even when the correct episode was shown to be played next. (using Emby Theater on Windows 10 with MPC HC as the external player)

We'll be getting a 4.6.1 stable release out today that may help with this. Thanks.

gungatim

I have two servers one is a backup that I use as the DVR, only the main server had the problem, the backup was fine. (identical file naming etc. since everything is scraped in TMM and then copied over to the main server)

so I did some of the fixes like changing the name, etc. but finally completely changed my TV  Shows A-K folder name and adding it back in to the database.

Emby did not recognize any of the artwork or metadata and it took 2 days straight re-scraping even though all the info was already there...huge PITA!. 

I was under the impression if something was already scraped and complete that Emby would respect that metadata and not update again. 

This is especially dangerous because TVDB is wrong for many shows (MASH, Happy Days, Seinfeld, lots of shows from the 70's etc. have wrong dates and episode numbers.) and they must be scraped with IMDB instead otherwise the seasons and episodes will be wrong.

all the while it was scraping roughly 20,000 episodes in that half of the database, I couldn't watch anything without it buffering every 30 seconds.

at least Chicago PD S8E14 now shows up so my wife can watch...

Emby Server 4.6.1 is beginning to roll out, so please try that once available for your platform. Thanks.

PuffyToesToo

Same issues here and with my bf's server. Just piping in so it doesn't seem like just a few systems having issues. Hopefully the update corrects it, as well as a couple other issues.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Same issues here and with my bf's server. Just piping in so it doesn't seem like just a few systems having issues. Hopefully the update corrects it, as well as a couple other issues.  Thanks.

Please make sure to report them :) Thanks.

gungatim
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby Server 4.6.1 is beginning to roll out, so please try that once available for your platform. Thanks.

got it installed this morning, it was waiting on one server and the other I had to reboot to get it to update but they both are on 4.6.1 and NO PROBLEMS!!

Thanks for all you guys do!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gungatim said:

got it installed this morning, it was waiting on one server and the other I had to reboot to get it to update but they both are on 4.6.1 and NO PROBLEMS!!

Thanks for all you guys do!

Thanks for the feedback.