Scan Media Library Keeps Failing

ShadowKindjal

19 minutes ago, ShadowKindjal said:

Unfortunately I'm still having this issue though. I keep finding content on my server that has this issue and I have to fix it on a show by show basis. Is there any way for me to get this resolved on a server wide level?

What exactly is the problem?

ShadowKindjal
On 5/25/2021 at 12:11 PM, Luke said:

What exactly is the problem?

I unfortunately spent a lot of time manually refreshing content on my server so I haven't been able to find a remaining example of something that isn't working yet. But, the issue was that TV shows would show up on my server but when you opened them up there would be no seasons or episodes listed until I manually touched the metadata and ran a refresh on just that show. At that point all the episodes and seasons populated back in because all the files were still there.

I'm also facing an issue now where newly downloaded content isn't showing up until I manually refresh it the library even tho I have real time monitoring turned on.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:07 PM, ShadowKindjal said:

I'm also facing an issue now where newly downloaded content isn't showing up until I manually refresh it the library even tho I have real time monitoring turned on.

Hi there, let's look at an example:

Thanks !

ShadowKindjal
On 5/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example:

Thanks !

Here is an example. I have the show Godfather of Harlem on my server. Episode six was added to the show directory and my emby server has read, write, and execute permissions but, when I scan the directory for changes, the new episode does not show up on my server. I attached the server log that includes the time frame in which I initiated the scan.

image.thumb.png.bb2db96f5b51381511aade564359a5d6.png

image.thumb.png.7a99a5ad7074222e4e389515f630655d.png

embyserver 6-2-21.zip

Happy2Play

To me the server looks busy and just hasn't got to it yet.

2021-06-02 15:37:09.112 Info LibraryMonitor: Godfather of Harlem - S02E06 - The Ballot or the Bullet (/mnt/data/TV Shows/Godfather of Harlem/Season 02/Godfather of Harlem - S02E06 - The Ballot or the Bullet.mkv) will be refreshed.

ShadowKindjal
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

To me the server looks busy and just hasn't got to it yet.

2021-06-02 15:37:09.112 Info LibraryMonitor: Godfather of Harlem - S02E06 - The Ballot or the Bullet (/mnt/data/TV Shows/Godfather of Harlem/Season 02/Godfather of Harlem - S02E06 - The Ballot or the Bullet.mkv) will be refreshed.

The server did eventually scan it in after a manual refresh but why would that be required for my server to notice the file. It has been in that directory since May 23rd. I have real time monitoring enabled. This doesn't seem to be an issue with any of my other libraries

image.png.4d01889ed7b58338769f28a646fccfb9.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
ShadowKindjal
On 7/8/2021 at 1:26 AM, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

I ended up running an integrity check on my library database and discovering some errors. I then used the recover command to fix them and I've been running fine for the most part since. Every now and then I come across a show that has numerous episode files that are not populating within Emby even though they are physically present and have the correct permissions structure.

• Thanks 1