Can't Stream on My Firestick Anymore

Methodman104

Methodman104

I cant stream on my Firestick today, it either attempts to play (the first frame shows up and freezes but the audio continues), or I get a black screen with the spinning wheel (more common than the frozen first frame screen of the video).

This happens both with livetv and streaming files.

When I tested this on my Android phone it plays fine....here is my log file, hopefully this helps.

Thanks.

hardware_detection-63757033092.txt ffmpeg-transcode-36b636d7-c770-4b9a-83c5-3302653a0b84_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-9c38a4c3-60c0-47a1-be26-7ebde0eacbf3_1.txt

Edited by Methodman104

Methodman104
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what model firestick are you on?

FireStick 4K

Fire TV Home Version 6311085.1

Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) 

1 minute ago, Methodman104 said:

FireStick 4K

Fire TV Home Version 6311085.1

Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) 

That is surprising...

Can you please try the beta version of the app?

Methodman104
On 5/20/2021 at 7:33 AM, ebr said:

That is surprising...

Can you please try the beta version of the app?

where do I find the beta version? its not on the firestick appstore. It only lists the current version and says I already have the latest version. It just loads up my current version.

I also included latest log file.

ffmpeg-directstream-2a2f715d-c993-495f-9e9b-1a9c066cf85b_1.txt

Edited by Methodman104
added log file

Did you open the message linked?  The current beta version is in the first post.

Methodman104
On 5/21/2021 at 2:36 PM, cayars said:

Did you open the message linked?  The current beta version is in the first post.

I will try to download the latest beta and install the zip file on a usb to Firestick (hopefully it will install, this is new to me still) and see if it works or runs.

Methodman104

Will need to use OTG cable adapter for firestick to read the files on my portable usb drive, just ordered one from amazon and will wait until it arrives to get the beta file and install it on my firestick to run the app.

7 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Will it take long for the fix to come through as a normal update from Amazon?

Thank you

Hi. It is impossible for us to know but it is in their review process now.

• Like 1

mbc0
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi. It is impossible for us to know but it is in their review process now.

Thanks ebr

• 2 weeks later...

What, exactly, happened in that session?  It looks like it is playing, however, not fast enough so I would expect that you may get stuttering or pauses on the app end.

Methodman104
On 6/5/2021 at 7:05 AM, ebr said:

What, exactly, happened in that session?  It looks like it is playing, however, not fast enough so I would expect that you may get stuttering or pauses on the app end.

The video froze but the audio played. I'm using an app that creates a live tv channel from my hard drive, so I am assuming this could be the issue?  

I mentioned that because recently I added plutoTV m3u and xml files to my Emby Server and that plays (but have issues during commercials, which I then have to exit the channel and restart the channel again). 

Hi, pluto is known to have issues when transitioning to and from commercials that cause issue.

cosmotherobot

I'm still having the same issue as the OP.   Gen2 Firestick.  If I play anything with EAC audio the picture freezes and audio continues playing.  Playback correction gets the 'too many errors' message.  I've submitted the log from within the app.   

This happens on current production client and also 2025a beta client.     If I change playback to downmix to stereo, the video plays fine (albeit, in stereo).    For now I've loaded the old 1.89 client which plays the video and audio fine. 

34 minutes ago, cosmotherobot said:

If I play anything with EAC audio

What is the bitrate of that audio?

cosmotherobot
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

What is the bitrate of that audio?

768 kbps

Edited by cosmotherobot

1 minute ago, cosmotherobot said:

768 kbps

Yeah, that is probably the problem.  I don't think the device supports over 448.  I was hoping our internal renderer would take over but it doesn't so I'll have to put back the server conversion in that case for now.  Please try again with the next beta.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

neik
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Yeah, that is probably the problem.  I don't think the device supports over 448.  I was hoping our internal renderer would take over but it doesn't so I'll have to put back the server conversion in that case for now.  Please try again with the next beta.

Thanks.

Does this in some way affect the test we were doing on the other topic?
Here the link to the post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/97640-android-tv-beta-2010/&do=findComment&comment=1029552

Edited by neik

39 minutes ago, neik said:

Does this in some way affect the test we were doing on the other topic?
Here the link to the post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/97640-android-tv-beta-2010/&do=findComment&comment=1029552

Yes, sorry, didn't realize I was talking to the same person.  It will go back to converting on the server for now.