Audio Playback is static

bisavalon
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

bisavalon

Hi

When I try to play mkv files on my Fire TV Stick the audio is nothing but static and then the video stops playing. This issue only seems to have started happening since the recent Fire TV App update. Video files that I had watched previously on my Fire TV no longer play correctly.

I sent a log file from the Fire TV app around 15:25 eastern time. The user logged in was Ciaran and it was playing MasterChef Australia.

Thanks

Hi.  This appears to be an issue on the 1st gen Fire devices from way back in 2014.  The current beta of the app should allow you to change a setting to correct it.  Do you know how to side-load an APK on the device?

bisavalon

Sideloading the app didn't work. The app itself wouldn't work when I tried that. Will there be fix so the app will work on older Fire TV Sticks.

bisavalon

No error message. I entered the IP address and signed in, then nothing appeared on screen. None of the folders or menus were there.

1 hour ago, bisavalon said:

Sideloading the app didn't work. The app itself wouldn't work when I tried that. Will there be fix so the app will work on older Fire TV Sticks.

Hi.  Exactly where did you get the apk that you loaded?  What was the version number?

• Solution
Just now, bisavalon said:

I tired two sources. I downloaded it from here and APK Mirror. I didn't work for either.

Okay, so the first link would just be the normal release app - the same one in the store.  What you got from a mirror, I have no idea but it was probably the wrong platform.

Please try from here:

bisavalon

That worked and chaging the audio output setting let me play the files with proper sound.

Thanks.