Downgrade from V 2.0.09a on FireTV

Mike72150
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

vdatanet

Can you try to load the latest beta version? Maybe it will solve your problem.

BillAdama

I had to deinstall the old version, then the installation of 2.0.18 was successful.

Unfortunately the problem is still there.

Where can I download the older version?

• Agree 1

@Mike72150 the sample you provided is actually one of our standard samples and it plays fine on my 1st gen Fire stick - which should be even less powerful than your 1st gen box so I'm not really sure what the difference is yet.  I notice you are on a Pi as a server.  The rest of you with issues, what is your server running on?

8 hours ago, wayneph said:

I've recently started having similar issues on two of my older (1st/2nd gen) FireTVs as well as a newer FireTV Stick.  I've mostly noticed it with LiveTV Recordings from a HDHomeRun.  I created a 53 second recording this evening, and then played it back in Emby on Windows, Browser (Windows/Chrome) and on one of the FireTVs.  Playback on both Windows apps was good, but the playback on the FireTV was as described above.  Audio started up almost immediately and was pretty much consistent, but the video was very slow to update and was choppy.  I had started looking at the server drive and antenna first, but this sounds like a pretty close match to what i'm experiencing as well.  I confirmed that the device I tested on tonight does have 2.0.09a.

The recording is still in .ts format so, if I understand the process correctly, the server should be doing the transcoding on the way to each player. I've zipped everything up and uploaded the sample to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wF8GAdlLEXXJ0QP7NhhGGt_14rk0_wQx/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.

This sample plays fine on my 1st gen Fire device as well...

Mike72150
50 minutes ago, ebr said:

@Mike72150 the sample you provided is actually one of our standard samples and it plays fine on my 1st gen Fire stick - which should be even less powerful than your 1st gen box so I'm not really sure what the difference is yet.  I notice you are on a Pi as a server.  The rest of you with issues, what is your server running on?

Yes, running on a Pi, it’s worked flawlessly until now with emby. I can switch to “use an external player for videos”. However I haven’t found a player I like as well as the emby player. 

I just updated to 2.0.18 and have the issue. ☹️

I'm going to have to see if I can find an old 1st gen fire box (not stick) and then see if I can reproduce these issues with that.

• Thanks 1

wayneph
1 hour ago, ebr said:

This sample plays fine on my 1st gen Fire device as well...

My server (just upgraded to 4.5.4) is Win10 Pro with 24gb ram and 2yr old i7. Not a Pi. I host some movies on a NAS, but the recorded TV is on a drive in the Emby server. Both the server and FireTv are wired through a gigabit switch/router.

When I get home tonight, I'll go look through the settings to see if there's anything I remember changing. I know I had to do extra configuration (and side loading) for Kodi, but I thought I had just installed Emby and it worked. One (of many) reasons I switched...

Can one of you guys side-load this app on one of these problem devices and see if it has the same issue?

13 minutes ago, BillAdama said:

Same Problem😩

What exactly did you do?

Mike72150
29 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can one of you guys side-load this app on one of these problem devices and see if it has the same issue?

I just side loaded it and I have the same issue.

3 minutes ago, Mike72150 said:

I just side loaded it and I have the same issue.

Thanks for trying that.

For all of you having this issue, if you change the audio option in the playback settings to "Downmix to Stereo" do these items play okay for you?

Mike72150
37 minutes ago, ebr said:

For all of you having this issue, if you change the audio option in the playback settings to "Downmix to Stereo" do these items play okay for you?

Yes that works. However, I no longer have my dolby digital 5.1 surround sound.  

2 minutes ago, Mike72150 said:

Yes that works. However, I no longer have my dolby digital 5.1 surround sound.  

HI, yes it's temporary while we investigate this issue. thanks.

Mike72150
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, yes it's temporary while we investigate this issue. thanks.

Great, thanks. Nice work around. 

dkleeman
1 hour ago, ebr said:

I feel pretty stupid... I cannot find "Downmix to Stereo" in either my FireTV App (see image attached for the PLAYBACK menu options I see), or in the settings in my server (emby version 4.6.0.50)

Where can I find this important setting?

app_playback_menu.jpg

8 minutes ago, dkleeman said:

Where can I find this important setting?

Hi.  It is only in the beta right now.

• Like 1

dkleeman

Sideloading the beta app and changing that "Downmix to Stereo" setting worked great.  Thank you so much for your efforts!

• Solution

Okay, now please try updating to the latest Amazon beta app and you should be able to turn your audio back to "Auto" (and get DD back).

Thanks.