Downgrade from V 2.0.09a on FireTV

Mike72150
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Mike72150

Is it possible to go back to a version prior to version 2.0.09a?

My Fire TV (first Gen) recently auto updated Emby to 2.0.09a and now some content that was working a few days ago is no longer playing properly.

I am still spot testing video's to see what works and what no longer works. I have so far found that when playing H.264 mkv video's with EAC3 audio or H.264 mp4's with AC3 audio, the audio starts playing prior to the video and then the video is choppy. 

I am running Emby server v.4.5.4.0.

If I could go back to a release prior to 2.0.09a, I suspect that will correct the issue as I did not have this issue until the recent update.

thank you in advance,

Edited by Mike72150
trying to be more specific
  • Agree 4

Unfortunately, I don't see any obvious issue in that log.  This item had choppy video playback?  Do you have any items at 30fps and, if so, do they exhibit the same problem?

Mike72150

I found one at 30fbs and it only has audio now, no video. I’m sure this worked previously. I sent log. Thanks. 

dcving1two3

Please find a fix for this. I have 5 older firesticks and fire tv's and none of them are able to play mkv's like they used to. The video acts like its playing and I can hear audio, but no video. Sometimes it just stutters uncontrollably as well. I tried playback correction, and turning on and off hardware acceleration. Nothing seems to work. My newer firesticks and the fire cube have no problems after the update. If there is a way to roll back for the older devices, id be happy.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, dcving1two3 said:

Please find a fix for this. I have 5 older firesticks and fire tv's and none of them are able to play mkv's like they used to. The video acts like its playing and I can hear audio, but no video. Sometimes it just stutters uncontrollably as well. I tried playback correction, and turning on and off hardware acceleration. Nothing seems to work. My newer firesticks and the fire cube have no problems after the update. If there is a way to roll back for the older devices, id be happy.

Have you sent in app logs to ebr so he can take a look at them?

Directions for doing so can be found here:

Mike72150
On 5/16/2021 at 11:57 AM, Mike72150 said:

I found one at 30fbs and it only has audio now, no video. I’m sure this worked previously. I sent log. Thanks. 

On 5/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, ebr said:

Unfortunately, I don't see any obvious issue in that log.  This item had choppy video playback?  Do you have any items at 30fps and, if so, do they exhibit the same problem?

Yes, I just sent another one that was 30fps. Audio fine, no video. 
When I paused and did stats for nerds video showed and then stopped. See attached. 
this is another one that worked previously. Thanks 

3E50BD41-27A4-4787-B651-3E59531EF4A9.jpeg

Edited by Mike72150
Attached stats screenshot

Again nothing obvious in that log.  Can you sideload this APK on your Fire stick and see if it is any different?

Edited by ebr
removed attachment

Mike72150
28 minutes ago, ebr said:

Again nothing obvious in that log.  Can you sideload this APK on your Fire stick and see if it is any different?

Yes,  I sideloaded v2.0.17a and no video just audio on 3fps video. I sent log. Status indicates direct play this time. 

CE4B6A84-FC7F-4192-94E4-B6F2A4C59D8F.jpeg

How about this version?

Edited by ebr
removed attachment

Mike72150

I also just sent a log from playing a H264 mkv video frame rate 24fps. Stats indicate direct play, exoplayer. Video extremely choppy. 

9 minutes ago, Mike72150 said:

same results. I also noticed it shows the same version # v2.0.17a

I did not change the version number.  Can you please re-play that exact same HEVC item you played before and send a log with that newer version?  It should have been transcoding...

Also, make sure you really updated.  With the version number not changing, you may need to force-close the app.

Mike72150

Ok, I forced stopped, cleared data and cash and uninstalled. Then side loaded. I sent log of the hevc. 

16 hours ago, Mike72150 said:

Ok, I forced stopped, cleared data and cash and uninstalled. Then side loaded. I sent log of the hevc. 

It is transcoding it to h264 now.  You say it is exhibiting the same problem?  Transcode log?

48 minutes ago, Mike72150 said:

Yes, it is transcoding now. However no video just audio. I sent log. 

Can you please attach the transcode log here?

Can you provide a sample video for testing?  Via google drive or dropbox or something?

Mike72150

I’m not sure if I get a small sample. 

However I am more concerned with the 

H.264 mkv video's w/ EAC3 audio and  H.264 mp4's with AC3 audio that are newer and very choppy. However your logs do not show an issue. 

Would it be possible to obtain the apk that was just prior to 2.0.09a?   Everything worked perfect with it. 

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Mike72150 said:

Would it be possible to obtain the apk that was just prior to 2.0.09a?   Everything worked perfect with it.

If we find there is no other solution, perhaps but I'd much rather find a solution.

7 minutes ago, Mike72150 said:

However I am more concerned with the 

H.264 mkv video's w/ EAC3 audio and  H.264 mp4's with AC3 audio that are newer and very choppy. However your logs do not show an issue. 

That's fine, can you give me a sample of those?  You can PM me a link.  All of my test content is playing fine on my 1st gen Fire stick.

wayneph

I've recently started having similar issues on two of my older (1st/2nd gen) FireTVs as well as a newer FireTV Stick.  I've mostly noticed it with LiveTV Recordings from a HDHomeRun.  I created a 53 second recording this evening, and then played it back in Emby on Windows, Browser (Windows/Chrome) and on one of the FireTVs.  Playback on both Windows apps was good, but the playback on the FireTV was as described above.  Audio started up almost immediately and was pretty much consistent, but the video was very slow to update and was choppy.  I had started looking at the server drive and antenna first, but this sounds like a pretty close match to what i'm experiencing as well.  I confirmed that the device I tested on tonight does have 2.0.09a.

The recording is still in .ts format so, if I understand the process correctly, the server should be doing the transcoding on the way to each player. I've zipped everything up and uploaded the sample to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wF8GAdlLEXXJ0QP7NhhGGt_14rk0_wQx/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.

Edited by wayneph
Add FireTV Emby Version
  • Agree 2

dkleeman

I am eager to find the solution for this as well.   I have a 1st gen fire TV which has always worked great with EMBY;

Now with version 2.0.09a  :

- Video (like OTA evening news) recorded through Emby from HDHOMERUN Device no longer plays:    Audio is solid, but Video updates a single image every 30-90 seconds or so.  

- Checked the logs and didn't see any errors reported, and no clear problem that I could see.     If another set of logs would be helpful, let me know, but I suspect I am having the same trouble as the other folks above.  

- seems like downloaded videos play just fine but have not confirmed this with all formats.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dkleeman said:

I am eager to find the solution for this as well.   I have a 1st gen fire TV which has always worked great with EMBY;

Now with version 2.0.09a  :

- Video (like OTA evening news) recorded through Emby from HDHOMERUN Device no longer plays:    Audio is solid, but Video updates a single image every 30-90 seconds or so.  

- Checked the logs and didn't see any errors reported, and no clear problem that I could see.     If another set of logs would be helpful, let me know, but I suspect I am having the same trouble as the other folks above.  

- seems like downloaded videos play just fine but have not confirmed this with all formats.

Hi, can you provide a sample video for testing?