Edit multiple tags and parental ratings?

A32

Hi,

I've configured an IP TV source and I'm receiving the channels.

How can I edit –the metadata– of multiple channels to add tags and parental ratings? I know I can do it individually, but there are so many channels. Tried the web interface to no avail.

Using 4.5.4.0

Thanks

Hi, In 4.6 (almost released) you can use the "group" tag feature of the m3u which will create TAGS in Emby which can then be using for "grouping" or for parental filtering.
As soon as 4.6 is released you can use this!

danlo315
7 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, In 4.6 (almost released) you can use the "group" tag feature of the m3u which will create TAGS in Emby which can then be using for "grouping" or for parental filtering.
As soon as 4.6 is released you can use this!

@cayars Really looking forward to this.  I use TVHeadend and it does not support exporting out tags as group-title, so I'm prepping to write a Python script to prepare for this functionality.  Is the functionality to take advantage of the group-title tag in m3u?  How will it handle multiple tags per channel, is it delineated by semi-colon?

Good question that I'm not sure off but I'll test in a couple of hours. I've got another test running right now that will a while to finish.

danlo315

@cayarsI went ahead and put the script together with the group-title tags separated by semicolon and it seems to be working.

If anyone is interested I have a python script that will compose a m3u file from TVHeadend with the proper group-title tags included.

• Thanks 1

Blast you. Posted like 5 minutes before me. :)

I was going to tell you I got the same result.  I thought it would work like this but wanted to test it first.

danlo315
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Blast you. Posted like 5 minutes before me. :)

I was going to tell you I got the same result.  I thought it would work like this but wanted to test it first.

Awesome, thanks for this! Been waiting for this functionality.

A follow up to my initial question if I may (don’t want to open a new thread).

Can I bulk-delete channels with the current version? Couldn’t find a way.

Also, is it possible to tell Emby not to bother downloading channel schedules (M3U url)? I stop the refresh and it says “stopping” but never finishes and this reflects on the CPU.

I have thousands of channels that I don’t need and I’m struggling to sift through them and eliminate what’s not needed 😅

Thanks

With thousands of channels I'd recommend installing xTeVe and running both the m3u and xml files through it and using the results in Emby.

It can help you out tremendously to narrow down your channels to only those you really want.  You can filter based on many things which is key to reducing your lists.

4.5 Server does not have a"hide" but 4.6 does.  But if you can remove these channels before loading into Emby it's going to make loading faster for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A32 said:

Thank you. I’m new to all of this IP TV stuff. I hope I can manage installing xTeVe 🙂

It has a bit of a learning curve but "clicks" with a bit of play and then makes sense how it works.  It's worth the time to learn it for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

I’ve installed 4.6.0.48 on a virtual machine on my Synology DiskStation. How can I search using tags? It is supported in 4.6 if I understood correctly.  Clicking the search button (magnifier) does not offer an option to search on tags.

I think I still can’t multi-select and group delete, or search and group delete the results, right?

1 hour ago, A32 said:

Clicking the search button (magnifier) does not offer an option to search on tags.

Hi.  The search does this automatically.  Just type something in and see the results.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.08679fd53dd6731856bb552d29ec6bb2.png

Clicking on "navy" would then give me this
image.png.946a85eca2dedd011f6122f92c86df43.png

Clicking on "navy seal" would give me this
image.png.d73d9b531af0f05439f000141033c00a.png

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1