Jump to content

Is it me, or buggy?


mike3821
 Share

Recommended Posts

mike3821

Does other people find the app on Apple TV buggy?

It’s also missing a ton of options compared to Android’s version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi.  Can you please describe the issue  you are having?  What does "buggy" mean?

Thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

What does "buggy" mean?

A program that contains many bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality. 

1 hour ago, mike3821 said:

Does other people find the app on Apple TV buggy?

It’s also missing a ton of options compared to Android’s version.

I agree that options are missing, but if you think you have found a bug, you should give more detailed information, so that the developers can fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mike3821
17 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

A program that contains many bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality. 

I agree that options are missing, but if you think you have found a bug, you should give more detailed information, so that the developers can fix it.

Just playback will take some time and when I backed out the app crashed with the sound of the playing video for several seconds.

That is the most I’ve seen from my little use. The main thing that stuck out was all the features missing.

I am trying to migrate all my users off of Plex. I hate the direction that company is going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Just playback will take some time and when I backed out the app crashed with the sound of the playing video for several seconds.

That is the most I’ve seen from my little use. The main thing that stuck out was all the features missing.

I am trying to migrate all my users off of Plex. I hate the direction that company is going.

I get instant playback using MPV player? Do you have MPV player enabled? What kind of content are you trying to play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mike3821
Just now, vdatanet said:

I get instant playback using MPV player? Do you have MPV player enabled? What kind of content are you trying to play?

Where do you enable the MPV player? 
 

As for content, I don’t remember. Never checked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
Just now, mike3821 said:

Where do you enable the MPV player? 
 

As for content, I don’t remember. Never checked.

In App Settings - Playback - Enable MPV player. It should be enabled by default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sfatula

Sadly, you will find mpv works better for some content, and worse for other content as mpv option doesn't support frame rate matching for example. Someone that had been using the Plex client will likely think it's a lot worse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unisoft

It is buggy and things do not behave like in other apps (channel logo resizing in GUIDE or CHANNELS, sticky view for Music library, square artist pictures rather than round in the other apps, frame rate match on playback, de-interlacing of interlaced content, embededd basic subtitle support, and others).

Its a work in progress - shame its taken so long, as Emby on Apple TV really shows promise. Really hope they get there and not too much longer....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, unisoft said:

It is buggy

Hi.  Can you please provide specific issues we can look at?

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
unisoft
On 13/05/2021 at 13:10, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please provide specific issues we can look at?

Thanks.

Immediate ones are:

  • channel logo resizing in GUIDE or CHANNELS. Pasted pic on another thread showing ridiculous sizes of some logos.
  • sticky view for Music library - doesn't honour sticky settings
  • square 'artist' pictures rather than round in the other apps
  • frame rate match on playback - no 23.976/24 in MPV
  • de-interlacing of interlaced content - MPV again can't deinterlace correctly, Native Player does progressive only.
  • embedded SUBRIP/SRT basic subtitle support (especially forced subtitles not working)
  • has issue playing some H264 MP4 with AAC in MPV which doesn't exist in Web App, LG App, Samsung App, ROKU app or Apple Native Player (have samples). Just black screen direct play.
  • Updates to the app often wipe out settings for server URL and login resulting in having to enter them again
  • Scrolling issues on large lists in Music/Music Videos/Movies/TV - when you scroll medium to fast it keeps resetting the list, highly annoying. Reported by quite a few before.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unisoft
On 27/05/2021 at 17:16, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by sticky?

Sticky option - when you go back it remembers the view. Similar to the drop down menu you have under home page display options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, unisoft said:

Sticky option - when you go back it remembers the view. Similar to the drop down menu you have under home page display options.

What sticky settings are not honored?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

unisoft
12 hours ago, Luke said:

What sticky settings are not honored?

If I set 'Album Artists' under a music library using the Home page settings drop down menu as landing page for a music library (this is one anyway).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 3:59 AM, unisoft said:

If I set 'Album Artists' under a music library using the Home page settings drop down menu as landing page for a music library (this is one anyway).

We'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...